shape
carat
color
clarity

jewelry box?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I need a jewelry box. The time has come--I can no longer jutify carrying even moderately expensive pieces around in ziploc bags whenever I move.

Does anyone have a favorite jewelry case? I need something that I can ideallly snap closed and travel with...Ideas? I am going downtown tommorrow to look for one. I don''t want to spend more than 30 or so dollars.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there was a thread in the "shopping" forum a few months ago about this very topic...lots of pics, etc. If you do a search on "jewelry storage" or "jewelry boxes" I bet it will come up. Sorry, I''m not proficient in linking other threads yet! I know Red Envelope has some cute ones, as well as Bed, Bath, & Beyond. Whiteflash, I think, offers some as well which you can see on their website if I''m not mistaken. Hope this helps!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainbowtrout,

I wanted to be sure that you saw this thread, too.

One of the Jewelry Box Threads

34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2006 10:09:21 PM
Author:rainbowtrout
I need something that I can ideallly snap closed and travel with...Ideas? I am going downtown tommorrow to look for one. I don''t want to spend more than 30 or so dollars.

Look at the Vera Bradley jewelry cases. There are probably some listed on eBay. They are made out of attractive, quilted fabric and are light and (relatively) inexpensive. They are ideal for carrying jewelry! I will see if I can find a piece up for sale on eBay.

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one style Vera Bradley used to make. It is a "jewelry roll". It spreads out flat and has compartments. Then it can be rolled up and carried like a pencil case. There are also larger, round cases available. They are still small (smaller than a child's lunch box, but round) and inexpensive on eBay.

Pastel Blue Jewelry Roll by Vera Bradley

34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of the inside of a jewelry roll.

Vera Bradley Jewelry Roll.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This auction shows a round jewelry case. There are pictures of both the outside and the inside. As with all Vera Bradley pieces, the round jewelry case is available in many patterns.

Round Jewelry Case by Vera Bradley

34.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
How about a jewelry box with royal provenance?
1.gif

Heehee...I know this is over budget, but I thought I''d post pics anyway. These two jewellery traveling boxes are going to be auctioned at the Princess Margaret sale at Christie''s in London this June. The beaten up one is Louis Vuitton, the blue one: Asprey. I think they''re both monogrammed with her initials, royal crest, etc.

I actuallly have been tempted to bid on one of them. Problem is the sellling price will probably vastly exceed the already hefty ''listed value'' (300 pounds, I think?).

Here they are:

prnmarg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results