shape
carat
color
clarity

It's Official - LAJennifer has spent a year in Chicago

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
And is here to stay. I love living in Park Ridge, it is so convenient to everything. I honestly never knew life could be this easy. I'm so comfortable here, that I hardly ever want to leave my house and neighborhood. I have one friend. One. That sounds kind of sad doesn't it? I don't have a day job so I have lots of free time to do anything. I need to make more friends but I'm not sure how. Any of you guys/gals want to come hang out with me?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
dang i just got back to stl from chi tues night!!! we couldve hung out!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
I'm so happy you're loving your new location!

It's so funny that you're in Park Ridge and loving it because any time friends of ours move there they become OBSESSED with it! DH and I joke that they put something in the water to convert everyone. :cheeky:

I teach in a CC just north of you! We should totally hang out come August! (Warning: I'm pregnant so I'm going to be very big by then. :errrr: Hope you're not scared of preggo bellies.) I'd say we should hang out now but I'm still SO SICK with morning sickness that I'm stuck in the house. If I'm leaving the house before then I will come back to this thread!

Actually, we need to schedule a Chicago GTG! Then we can get everyone together. I think Miracles might even make a trip to our city if we did . . . Would you be interested?

ETA: I'm so happy you started this thread. Every time I see you posting I've been tempted to ask how you're doing here in Chicago, but I didn't want to seem like a stalker or anything. :cheeky:

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
What?? How did I not know that LA was in Chicago. ::::heavy sigh:::::: I :love: Chicago! I think I will be there in October so we are going to have to set up a GTG.

I think I would love it too...except I don't know the first thing about driving in snow. I'm so afraid I would crash my car into something or someone in my first winter. :errrr:

WHOA! WAIT! WHAT?? How did I not know that Haven was pregnant?? Oh my gosh where have I been? Squeeeeeee, that is sooooooo exciting! I guess I need to get over to the Family section more often. Congratulations!! :appl:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I knew you'd pop into a thread with Chicago in the title, Miracles! :cheeky:

October is a PERFECT time for a Chicago GTG! I love Chicago in the fall. It's our only really lovely season.

Driving in the snow is a breeze--you just do everything really slowly and put your blinkers on if you're really scared. How did you do with your first Chicago winter, LAJennifer? (Admittedly, it was an extremely mild winter. But we did have snow!)

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
ame|1342113363|3232871 said:
dang i just got back to stl from chi tues night!!! we couldve hung out!

Aww, that would have been fun, ame. Next time!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1342114243|3232879 said:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
I'm so happy you're loving your new location!

It's so funny that you're in Park Ridge and loving it because any time friends of ours move there they become OBSESSED with it! DH and I joke that they put something in the water to convert everyone. :cheeky:

I teach in a CC just north of you! We should totally hang out come August! (Warning: I'm pregnant so I'm going to be very big by then. :errrr: Hope you're not scared of preggo bellies.) I'd say we should hang out now but I'm still SO SICK with morning sickness that I'm stuck in the house. If I'm leaving the house before then I will come back to this thread!

Actually, we need to schedule a Chicago GTG! Then we can get everyone together. I think Miracles might even make a trip to our city if we did . . . Would you be interested?

ETA: I'm so happy you started this thread. Every time I see you posting I've been tempted to ask how you're doing here in Chicago, but I didn't want to seem like a stalker or anything. :cheeky:

Haven, Park Ridge is great! Yes, there must be something in the water. I would love to hang out in August, when you are feeling up to it. I've always wanted to meet you. Yay! I'm definitely up for a Chicago GTG. :appl:

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
miraclesrule|1342115383|3232888 said:
What?? How did I not know that LA was in Chicago. ::::heavy sigh:::::: I :love: Chicago! I think I will be there in October so we are going to have to set up a GTG.

I think I would love it too...except I don't know the first thing about driving in snow. I'm so afraid I would crash my car into something or someone in my first winter. :errrr:

WHOA! WAIT! WHAT?? How did I not know that Haven was pregnant?? Oh my gosh where have I been? Squeeeeeee, that is sooooooo exciting! I guess I need to get over to the Family section more often. Congratulations!! :appl:

Miracles - so I'll be seeing you in October, then? I was afraid of the snow too, but last winter we had only 3 snows and it wasn't bad at all. I had to drive my DH to the airport in the middle of one . . . and I was so scared. The snow plows were out in full force so there was really nothing to be scared of. See? You can move here now.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1342116964|3232904 said:
I knew you'd pop into a thread with Chicago in the title, Miracles! :cheeky:

October is a PERFECT time for a Chicago GTG! I love Chicago in the fall. It's our only really lovely season.

Driving in the snow is a breeze--you just do everything really slowly and put your blinkers on if you're really scared. How did you do with your first Chicago winter, LAJennifer? (Admittedly, it was an extremely mild winter. But we did have snow!)

Haven, I was more afraid of the "cold" than the actual "snow". But I bought myself a down coat, some nice gloves, a couple of cute hats, and some wool tights and the "cold" was really a non issue. It was kind of energizing, actually.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
The last time I was in Chicago is had just snowed, but the sun was shining. It was still very freaking cold though...and I LOVED it. You're right, it's super energizing!! A bonus...my makeup didn't smear!! :naughty: I loved that.

Soooowa, guess who just booked her Chicago flights???? Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :appl:
It's a really quick trip. I am in on Friday and out Monday morning. ::::::::totally doing the happy dance::::::

Can we eat at my favorite pizza place (to be named elsewhere) pretty please with Mozerella on top?? Either way, I WILL be eating there at least once during my trip...maybe twice. I will take the train into the loop just for that if I have to because I am in :love: :love: :love: with their cheese pizza. I mean, like crazy in love.

I'm so bummed that DeeJay is moving though :( I would love to dine with her again.

((((((Haven))))))
I'm so sorry to hear that you have morning sickness. It sucks big time. Blech. Hopefully it gets better soon.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
While I am a new poster I've been reading PS for a long time. I'm in Chicago and would love a gtg! There's a gem show in August I believe. I've never been but would be game. I'd also just love to meet up at a restaurant and stare at all your baubles. I have two small ones so scheduling is always tricky but totally worth it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You survived the winter, yay! It wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, right? ;)) Now what do you think of this crazy heat we've been having?!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
LA Jenn! Yay! Glad you like Chicago. Park Ridge is The New Place To Be! All my friends who are moving out of the city are looking for a place in PR. I think Haven's right, there must be something in the water :bigsmile: I"m glad last winter was your "Intro to Chicago Winter". It wasn't that bad. I was pregnant during it which worked out thankfully because, as my DH says, "I fall down a lot." Dude! It's the ice, and I grew up in FL, and tell the dog to stop running all around me, and if you don't want me falling down then maybe YOU walk the dog in the winter time.... LOL!

SD, I don't drive in the snow either and I've been living here for 16 yrs. ALthough I haven't had a car the whole time. I tell my husband to drive whenever it's snowing.

Haven, Enjoy your summer. Keeping m fingers crossed for you that August won't be as hot as we just had last week...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer, glad to hear you are enjoying life there! Guess you don't miss LA eh? I think having one good friend ain't bad. ::)

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I usually hear about people who come to the midwest from the west coast and cannot wait to get back, which can be--as a native midwesterner--a bit of a downer to hear over and over. So glad to hear that you love Park Ridge!

I live in the city and would be so excited for a GTG. I have a number of colored stones but no finished pieces :(sad

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1342201347|3233355 said:
While I am a new poster I've been reading PS for a long time. I'm in Chicago and would love a gtg! There's a gem show in August I believe. I've never been but would be game. I'd also just love to meet up at a restaurant and stare at all your baubles. I have two small ones so scheduling is always tricky but totally worth it!

I would be up for the gem show. Do you know the details?

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1342212439|3233465 said:
You survived the winter, yay! It wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, right? ;)) Now what do you think of this crazy heat we've been having?!

The winter was not a big deal at all. I was hoping for more snow around Christmas. Oh well, maybe this year. Now this heat wave keeps me indoors for sure. Kind of makes me want to put a pool in the back yard. Do people do that here? I haven't seen many - maybe it has something to do with the extreme cold?

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
lliang_chi - There is a lot to love about Park Ridge. Convenient to everything. 10 minute drive to O'Hare (or less), 22 minute ride on Metra to Ogilvie, CTA stop not too far away. I spend my time at Uptown - I park once and go to the Library, have some lunch, and then see a $5 movie at the Pickwick Theatre. It's awesome! Send your friends my way.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
TGal - I actually don't miss LA. There are about 3 people I miss and of course the 2 feral cats I used to take care of. They have a new caretaker now, and I get weekly updates and pics - but I still miss them. Oh, and Sangria at Cha Cha Cha. But that's about it. Maybe you'll join us someday . . .

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
erinl|1342497470|3235234 said:
I usually hear about people who come to the midwest from the west coast and cannot wait to get back, which can be--as a native midwesterner--a bit of a downer to hear over and over. So glad to hear that you love Park Ridge!

I live in the city and would be so excited for a GTG. I have a number of colored stones but no finished pieces :(sad

Thanks erinl. It is nice to be surrounded by others who actually live on planet earth, if you know what I mean. I'm happy you found your dog. Oh, and is that a Singapura in your avatar?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
LAJennifer|1342508109|3235290 said:

I've never been but it looks like it used to be a regular PS get together spot. Here's the website:

https://intergem-web.ungerboeck.com/wbe/wbe_p1_main.aspx?oc=10&cc=WBE105307

I think I could do either 8/11 or 8/12. Anyone game? I can start a new thread if we want to try to make a GTG out of it. DeeJay's treads about the Chicago Gem Show (and PS GTGs) look like such fun but if anyone knows something - used to be super amazing and now is a collection of hot garbage, for instance :wink2: - let us know!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1342518190|3235313 said:
LAJennifer|1342508109|3235290 said:

I've never been but it looks like it used to be a regular PS get together spot. Here's the website:

https://intergem-web.ungerboeck.com/wbe/wbe_p1_main.aspx?oc=10&cc=WBE105307

I think I could do either 8/11 or 8/12. Anyone game? I can start a new thread if we want to try to make a GTG out of it. DeeJay's treads about the Chicago Gem Show (and PS GTGs) look like such fun but if anyone knows something - used to be super amazing and now is a collection of hot garbage, for instance :wink2: - let us know!

Just realized this is just a few minutes from Park Ridge! You have to go! It's a trek for me - I live in the city on the south side - but a convention center full of gems and diamonds is clearly worth a pilgrimage!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results