shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this skirt okay to wear to a wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about the bad pictures, all we have is my guy''s camera phone and unfortunately the display screen is completely fried, so he can''t even see the numbers he''s dialing, let alone what he''s trying to take a picture of.

Hopefully this picture will attach ...

I''m planning on wearing it with a little green shrug the colour of the darker green in the skirt.

The wedding is summer-casual/formal, described as ''what you would wear to church on a summer day, but no suits or anything like that'' so is it okay?

Image030.jpg

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the side:

Oh, and I''m supposed to be getting ready right now, so speedy replies will be greatly appreciated!
2.gif

I''m going to wear it with some green heels with white trim.

Image032.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I would say the skirt is a go, what are you wearing on top, aside from the shrug?

ETA: I forgot, in my haste, to tell you I think it's a pretty skirt, not just acceptable to wear!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thumbs up!!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I love it! And I think it would look even lovelier & refreshing if your top were white or pink instead of black! But the black is nice, too!!!!
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I say it is a goer :) lovely skirt and will look really nice with the added green :)

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!

It's my first 'real' garment and I'm happy that it turned out, I didn't think I was going get it done in time, and then when I did, and the navy shirt I was going to wear wasn't going to dry in time, I figured I could wear it with a little black cami and this shrug:

Unfortunately, all I had for cami options was bright purple, red, or black, so I went with the black.

Edit: The shrug didn't fit as nicely as it does in the photo, it was all bat-winged and the arms were huge, so I had to tailor it on the fly about 20 minutes before I left and managed to wrestle it into a better fit.

greenbolero.JPG

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
And these are the shoes I wore with it, which picked up the green and white of the skirt.

It was wonderful to hear that people didn't believe I sewed this skirt yesterday!
9.gif

Thanks for the input, I didn't have time to respond before, but I appreciate it.
5.gif

greenshoes.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty...

And I have to say, you have a very lovely figure! I was looking at this photo thinking, what drugs is this woman on to have body image issues (I'm being lighthearted here...I know those kinds of issues are really complex and I'm not dismissing how you feel)...but gotta say you look gorgeous!!!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 12:38:27 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Very pretty...

And I have to say, you have a very lovely figure! I was looking at this photo thinking, what drugs is this woman on to have body image issues (I''m being lighthearted here...I know those kinds of issues are really complex and I''m not dismissing how you feel)...but gotta say you look gorgeous!!!

Eh, it''s the quality of the pictures (sun scooping out some of my waist, blurred photo narrowing waist), and that I carry my weight on my waist and upper body - I have some hella pudgy arms and my waist isn''t defined.

Here''s a pic of the skirt on my ''cloned tush'' that I posted about in the sewing thread.

Image029.jpg

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
And here is a less blurry side view, although my posture was goofy and thus there looks like there are wrinkles/puckers in the skirt that aren''t actually present when it''s ''live''.

But you''re right, body image is more a matter of the mind than the body.

Image031.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2008 11:08:54 PM
Author: Galateia
And these are the shoes I wore with it, which picked up the green and white of the skirt.

It was wonderful to hear that people didn''t believe I sewed this skirt yesterday!
9.gif

Thanks for the input, I didn''t have time to respond before, but I appreciate it.
5.gif
I love those shoes!! Shirt is very cute, too.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful skirt Galateia! I love the style and fabric and the fit is superb. What pattern did you use?

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 5:59:53 PM
Author: Maria D
Beautiful skirt Galateia! I love the style and fabric and the fit is superb. What pattern did you use?

It''s This Simplicity Pattern which I have to say fits a bit like a sack and there is nothing in the instructions/illustrations that indicate there are side seams, so a beginner like me can get horribly confused.

I made a muslin, glowered at the fit, and then made a paper-tape dressform of my lower half because it''s what I could manage on my own, and then fitted the muslin to my ''clone'', and carefully trimmed the new seam allowances so I could rip out the seams and use the muslin as my pattern. The original had a side zipper and interfacing on the (internal) waistband, but the fabric I used is a stretch cotton (fairly heavy weight, it''s amazing stuff) so I didn''t end up needing a zipper and didn''t bother with the faced waistband because it would lose the stretch.

The biggest factor was the dressform. I got so excited when I started fitting the muslin to the form and realized how easy it was going to be to have well-fitted garments!
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 12:38:27 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Very pretty...

And I have to say, you have a very lovely figure! I was looking at this photo thinking, what drugs is this woman on to have body image issues (I''m being lighthearted here...I know those kinds of issues are really complex and I''m not dismissing how you feel)...but gotta say you look gorgeous!!!
I thought the same exact think, Gal, but didn''t know how to say it. The shoes and shrug are darling and I bet you looked gorgeous!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would have been a great outfit, lovely and bright and totally fun and appropriate. If you sewed that you have a lot of talent!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results