shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this skinny model attractive?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ralph Lauren likes really really skinny models.

I think it is kind of sad.
Women and girls see these fashion photographs, even if the ARE photoshopped, and see them as some kind of goal.

Link

OMG, give here a doughnut. QUICK!

12auren.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Gross. I wouldn't want to look like her for anything. Yuck. She looks like she's suffering from malnutrition and doesn't look womanly in the least bit.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
While I understand some people are just thin and can''t not help it, I think it''s sad that America still uses rail thin models to portray women.

I think her head looks HUGE!

lili

Ideal_Rock
32.gif
a skeleton has more substance on it than this model.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who ate her for dinner and left the bones?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't be surprised if some doctors are developing bone surgery to shave pelvis bones to make the hips more narrow.

They already have lots of other cosmetic surgeries which must have been outlandish when new.
Why not start trimming away the bones?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes, she is thin, but the pciture look altered.

Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, every woman will look just like that if she buys Ralph Lauren fashions.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hideous and photoshopped. She couldn''t possibly have such a large bust with such weird shaped hips and tiny waist.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 8:04:30 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Hideous and photoshopped. She couldn''t possibly have such a large bust with such weird shaped hips and tiny waist.

Exactly. She''s not actually that thin. Those are Barbie proportions- she''d fall over.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I think that she look unaturally thin. I think that it was photoshopped because there is no way her waist is that small! It doesn''t even look right.

Someone should inform them that a) superskinny doesn''t help regular women buy their merchandise b) Who ever does their photo editing needs fired.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 8:07:51 PM
Author: radiantquest
I think that she look unaturally thin. I think that it was photoshopped because there is no way her waist is that small! It doesn''t even look right.

Someone should inform them that a) superskinny doesn''t help regular women buy their merchandise b) Who ever does their photo editing needs fired.
Um, yes. Someone went nuts with the eraser.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Is that real?! If so, it''s sick... If it''s been modified, I bet she is STILL really grossly skinny....
Eew.
14.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
she's been the face of Ralph Lauren for years. obviously, the people there like her.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her face is okay.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, and I don't love him using emaciated models, it's not a good look. Having known many that worked in this industry, this heroin chic look, needs to stop.
29.gif

It's really a turn off if you ask me... I don't want to look like that... even on my most bloated of days... LOL!!!
5.gif

I think he's a bit out of touch with how these images really hit hard with young women.

My son walked the run way for him but was in Nantucket so low key.

RL treats his employees very well. He has a private chef who comes into the store every night to cook dinners for the employees. Imagine how that went with my son who was 15!!! I said look pal, this ain't real life.... Don't get used to it.

Ds caddys in Nantucket, and that's even worse... But he makes great $$$$$ It can get a little crazy to who he gets to meet and so forth...

I just don't condone anyone using images of emaciated models. What kind of message is that sending to a group of teens who are already fighting body issues. and trying to be perfect...

Makes me sick, and RL isn't the only one perpetuating this myth....
The industry as a whole has to be accountable....

Yanno??

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t say this in any of the other threads that are all "REAL women have curves" but since kenny is the OP, and this isn''t really that kind of thread...

how do you think you would feel if someone told you to eat a doughnut? it''s just as horrible as being told you could lose a couple of pounds.

America is just getting fatter and fatter. I''m honestly much more disgusted by an obese person than by the picture, which is clearly photoshopped. She looks fine when she walks the runway.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Its attractive to be healthy!!!

I think she looks too thin.

Fi said: " OMG what is there to hold on to?"
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 8:51:36 PM
Author: JulieN
I wouldn''t say this in any of the other threads that are all ''REAL women have curves'' but since kenny is the OP, and this isn''t really that kind of thread...

how do you think you would feel if someone told you to eat a doughnut? it''s just as horrible as being told you could lose a couple of pounds.

America is just getting fatter and fatter. I''m honestly much more disgusted by an obese person than by the picture, which is clearly photoshopped. She looks fine when she walks the runway.

My issue is that they are clearly **photoshopping** her to look like that. I am not disgusted by thin models if they are naturally thin. I am disgusted by PHOTOSHOPPING an already very skinny model to look even skinnier. That''s what is perpetuating these unhealthy views of weight IMO.

And then it becomes a vicious cycle because young women think they need to look THAT thin-when really they CAN''T look that thin because every stinking picture is photoshopped!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
This image was heavily photoshopped and criticized online and now RL has been fighting to get it taken down from everywhere its posted. It was a mistake and they realize it.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I almost can''t even look at that picture, it just seems distorted and disgusting to me.

My husband saw this and said, "Eww, where''s the rest of her??"

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
O man...I used to look like that. At 5'4" 80-85 pounds, I had the exact same lollipop look. Not because I was trying to be skinny, but a product of super-fast metabolism + terribly dark, unhealthy times. I agree, very hard to look at, especially because it reminds me of pretty awful times in my life. *shudder*
23.gif

No, I don't think that looks attractive. At all.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Ads like this really confuse me. I am not exactly sure what RL is trying to achieve. Obviously that body is too thin. The huge breasts and stick legs almost never occur in real life (yes, some women are really really thin and can''t do much about it--but i don''t think this woman falls into that category). The picture is pretty hideous and i am focused on her rather than the clothing. Maybe that is the point, maybe they (RL) are using shock to carve a little spot in our over-stimulated brains. I guess if that is the case, it worked. We are all talking about it.
But it doesn''t sit right with me....

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 9:29:25 PM
Author: jjc
O man...I used to look like that. At 5''4'' 80-85 pounds, I had the exact same lollipop look. Not because I was trying to be skinny, but a product of super-fast metabolism + terribly dark, unhealthy times. I agree, very hard to look at, especially because it reminds me of pretty awful times in my life. *shudder*
23.gif

No, I don''t think that looks attractive. At all.
jjc,a guy at my work is taking SLM to make his metabolism faster. He lost heaps of weight, but i''m sure its unhealthy.

Honestly, I don''t understand why people try to achieve this kind of look... now even guys are doing it
29.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if is the same model in this picture. Because in this one she looks gorgeous.

The first pic definitely looks fake,
14.gif

fullZZZZZZPRW060425111124PIC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results