shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this insulting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC that is just ruining a good burger. NO WONDER you're skinny!
3.gif

I used to be 'good' like that too but since being preggo I am all over McDonalds, the local burger joints and anyplace with CHEESEBURGER on the menu. It must be the 'protein'.
31.gif

No excuse for the fries though. What is the benefit in a fried potato shoestring. Besides SALT.

Oh and re: Twinkies, yeah I hadn't had them in years but since being preggo, it's amazing what one can talk ones self into.
18.gif
Bring on the bikini!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 2:09:58 PM
Author: Mara
MC that is just ruining a good burger. NO WONDER you''re skinny!
3.gif

I used to be ''good'' like that too but since being preggo I am all over McDonalds, the local burger joints and anyplace with CHEESEBURGER on the menu. It must be the ''protein''.
31.gif

No excuse for the fries though. What is the benefit in a fried potato shoestring. Besides SALT.

Oh and re: Twinkies, yeah I hadn''t had them in years but since being preggo, it''s amazing what one can talk ones self into.
18.gif
Bring on the bikini!
Mara - I ate a lot of misc junk while pregnant too. Two things I gorged on were cheese (can''t normally eat dairy but oddly enough could while preg) and cashews. It''s funny that someone told me I was crazy for calling those junk food, but the amount of fat and calories in both are substantial! A handful of cashews I''m betting is comparable to a twinky!

Holly - the op didn''t mention how tall she is. She could be 5'' or 6'' for all we know. I''m 5" 4" so my build is considered more the lines of petite than "model thin."

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 2:24:36 PM
Author: decodelighted
Careful careful ladies ... lets hope no one is looking for love along with their tissue-flecked burgers!
6.gif
Who''d voluntarily join a website which purports to have a "strict ban on ugly people" in the first place? Whose craptastic standards would one be holding oneself to on that site? Egads.
41.gif

If I''m eating a cheeseburger, I hope it''s from Red Robin. Those things are mean! No bacon for me, but yes I will have that stacked onion ring appetizer and a chocolate milkshake. Mmmmm... if you''re gonna do it, folks, do it up right.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you have it worked out.

-A

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2010 2:26:24 PM
Author: MC
Mara - I ate a lot of misc junk while pregnant too. Two things I gorged on were cheese (can''t normally eat dairy but oddly enough could while preg) and cashews. It''s funny that someone told me I was crazy for calling those junk food, but the amount of fat and calories in both are substantial! A handful of cashews I''m betting is comparable to a twinky!

Holly - the op didn''t mention how tall she is. She could be 5'' or 6'' for all we know. I''m 5'' 4'' so my build is considered more the lines of petite than ''model thin.''
Junk food is exactly that - junk. Cheese and nuts are not junk because they''re loaded with high nutritional value. I usually have a handful of almonds and walnuts along with a banana before a work out. So good, and keeps me going! I also sometimes have a few nuts in the evening around 5pm when my tummy begins to rumble and it''s not where close to dinner time. Much better than eating chips, cookies etc etc.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Careful careful ladies ... lets hope no one is looking for love along with their tissue-flecked burgers!
6.gif
Too bad they closed down their site with all the media coverage. I wanted to oggle at all those more beautiful and thinner than me, feel depressed and have five McD''s big mac meals in one go and then jump off my building.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 4:12:06 PM
Author: kama_s

6.gif
Too bad they closed down their site with all the media coverage. I wanted to oggle at all those more beautiful and thinner than me, feel depressed and have five McD''s big mac meals in one go and then jump off my building.
Mmmmmm
18.gif

New Years Resolution = no big macs!
39.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 11:33:40 PM
Date: 1/2/2010 8:22:44 PM

MC...pick me up a box of twinkies at Safeway too please. (i actually got a box earlier today, blame my preggo cravings HAHA).
Mara - My husband and I were watching some movie (I forget which) and they were joking about Twinkies throughout it so we bought some for the kids because we figured everyone has got to experience those at least once and I remember loving them as a kid. . .and oh man, they were NASTY. lol The kids loved them though and I can see how they''d be fabulous while preg. It''s funny the things craved during that time
1.gif

When I used to work in downtown Boston there was a farmer''s market every Tuesday and Thursday near my office. There was a baker who''d come with home made organic, gluten free twinkies...They were heavenly!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 4:33:20 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

MC...pick me up a box of twinkies at Safeway too please. (i actually got a box earlier today, blame my preggo cravings HAHA).
Mara - My husband and I were watching some movie (I forget which) and they were joking about Twinkies throughout it so we bought some for the kids because we figured everyone has got to experience those at least once and I remember loving them as a kid. . .and oh man, they were NASTY. lol The kids loved them though and I can see how they''d be fabulous while preg. It''s funny the things craved during that time
1.gif

When I used to work in downtown Boston there was a farmer''s market every Tuesday and Thursday near my office. There was a baker who''d come with home made organic, gluten free twinkies...They were heavenly!
Confession time: I''ve never had a Twinkie.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 9:24:03 PM
Author: PinkAsscher678
Date: 1/3/2010 9:01:37 PM

Author: NakedFinger

Ugh, god ok I will save the knee jerk reaction I had to recent posts.

I am not fishing for compliments.....never have, never do. So please spare me the insult of being that narcissistic. Like some posters have said, there are some women who are a size 20 and think they are the hottest piece of @$$ to walk the earth. (And god bless them for it. I think all women should feel confident and sexy.) Others that are a size 0 or have bodies many would kill for, that have something about them they dont like (hence the overwhelming amount of eating disorders). Everyone has their own self perception. A girl fining for a boob job could be told by every guy she knows that her boobs are great, wouldnt change the fact that she has it in her head that she needs them. Catch my drift? I wont and dont assume any heavy women has low self esteem (which is why, at the moment it didnt occur to me to not reference my size to this particular friend. Only reason I thought she had a problem with it is because the look she gave me)

I dont think I am fat, dont have ''hang ups'' about my body. It was a thought I blurted out for the simple fact it occurred to me when I got the gift how bad I had been the last few months with the holidays, and needed to be cognizant of the fact that in one short month I would be walking around the beach half naked. Could I put on a bathing suit tomorrow and be fine? Yes. But as mentioned before, I have my own ''personal preference'' with being beach ready. And its not just my body, its waxing, and tanning, whatever else I personally like to have done before a vacation.

and 1) I dont fish for compliments. I get enough from the man I love, could care less about what a friend thinks.

2) True, it does. Maybe that''s why we do hear so many 2-4-6 girls complain about ''5 lbs'', because to them its more of an impact.

3) Im not vain. And my man would love me no matter what, but just because some let themselves go once they get married, does not mean I have to thank you

4) Im not trying to ''impress'' anyone actually. I do it for myself and being healthy and feeling confident and sexy for myself.

Thanks to all of you for your impartial opinions and not imposing your personal vendettas on a simple question. It was question as to whether I was insulting, I dont need a debate on body image and how one should or should not feel. I didnt mean for this to turn into any controversy, was just feeling bad about it and wanted to know if it was in my head.

And to add....I talked to my friend at work who informed she in no way took it as an insult on her body, but more of a crooked eye implying ''Please, you look fine babe!''.

Well, thanks for clearing that up. Glad you won''t be ''letting yourself go'' anytime soon. Because that''s what overweight women in relationships must have done right? Sheesh.

If you didn''t want opinions you should have just stuck to asking your coworker.
1.gif

Wow that''s a really unfair reply PA

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 4:07:50 PM
Author: kama_s

Date: 1/4/2010 2:26:24 PM
Mara - I ate a lot of misc junk while pregnant too. Two things I gorged on were cheese (can't normally eat dairy but oddly enough could while preg) and cashews. It's funny that someone told me I was crazy for calling those junk food, but the amount of fat and calories in both are substantial! A handful of cashews I'm betting is comparable to a twinky!

Holly - the op didn't mention how tall she is. She could be 5' or 6' for all we know. I'm 5' 4' so my build is considered more the lines of petite than 'model thin.'
Junk food is exactly that - junk. Cheese and nuts are not junk because they're loaded with high nutritional value. I usually have a handful of almonds and walnuts along with a banana before a work out. So good, and keeps me going! I also sometimes have a few nuts in the evening around 5pm when my tummy begins to rumble and it's not where close to dinner time. Much better than eating chips, cookies etc etc.
Ditto, I love almonds like kama and they are filling and chalked full of fiber and vitamin E and other nutrients, yum!!!

Can't twinkies stay on the shelf for years without going bad??
6.gif
HH, I bet those organic ones are good.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 4:45:53 PM
Author: princesss SNO-BALLS.
Confession time: I've never had a Twinkie.
Twinkies, I can live without -- I'd recommend Sno-Balls however! Or Ho-Hos. Apparently I like my partially hydrogenated oil infused bakery items hyphenated.
11.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 4:50:28 PM

Twinkies, I can live without -- I''d recommend Sno-Balls however! Or Ho-Hos. Apparently I like my partially hydrogenated oil infused bakery items hyphenated.
11.gif
If I ever get the urge to try these, I''ll report back!

As a kid I totally adored the Oatmeal Cream cookies - the sandwich ones with the super sweet filling. I''m afraid to try it as an adult because it either won''t live up to my memory, or it will and I''ll want them all the time!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Mara! I craved burgers when preggo, I think it''s the pickles!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 4:58:18 PM
Author: princesss

Twinkies, I can live without -- I''d recommend Sno-Balls however! Or Ho-Hos. Apparently I like my partially hydrogenated oil infused bakery items hyphenated.
11.gif

As a kid I totally adored the Oatmeal Cream cookies - the sandwich ones with the super sweet filling. I''m afraid to try it as an adult because it either won''t live up to my memory, or it will and I''ll want them all the time!

Oh yes they will Princess. Oatmeal Cream Pies are like ambrosia

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

11.gif

My sister liked those, too, princess! Her favorite junk foods are those DISGUSTING cherry pies that come in the waxy paper, and Star Crunches, which I approve of.

My favorite junk foods are Swiss Cake Rolls and Devil Dogs, which are sadly only available in New England. I stock up on Devil Dogs when I go to Boston to visit fam and they always bring them to us when they visit us. DELICIOUS.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 5:08:30 PM

11.gif

Oh yes they will Princess. Oatmeal Cream Pies are like ambrosia
All the more reason to avoid them, then! I''ve got enough sweet stuff that I''m addicted to. I don''t need to add anything else to the list!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 4:48:13 PM
Date: 1/3/2010 9:24:03 PM

Author: PinkAsscher678

Date: 1/3/2010 9:01:37 PM

Author: NakedFinger

Ugh, god ok I will save the knee jerk reaction I had to recent posts.

I am not fishing for compliments.....never have, never do. So please spare me the insult of being that narcissistic. Like some posters have said, there are some women who are a size 20 and think they are the hottest piece of @$$ to walk the earth. (And god bless them for it. I think all women should feel confident and sexy.) Others that are a size 0 or have bodies many would kill for, that have something about them they dont like (hence the overwhelming amount of eating disorders). Everyone has their own self perception. A girl fining for a boob job could be told by every guy she knows that her boobs are great, wouldnt change the fact that she has it in her head that she needs them. Catch my drift? I wont and dont assume any heavy women has low self esteem (which is why, at the moment it didnt occur to me to not reference my size to this particular friend. Only reason I thought she had a problem with it is because the look she gave me)

I dont think I am fat, dont have ''hang ups'' about my body. It was a thought I blurted out for the simple fact it occurred to me when I got the gift how bad I had been the last few months with the holidays, and needed to be cognizant of the fact that in one short month I would be walking around the beach half naked. Could I put on a bathing suit tomorrow and be fine? Yes. But as mentioned before, I have my own ''personal preference'' with being beach ready. And its not just my body, its waxing, and tanning, whatever else I personally like to have done before a vacation.

and 1) I dont fish for compliments. I get enough from the man I love, could care less about what a friend thinks.

2) True, it does. Maybe that''s why we do hear so many 2-4-6 girls complain about ''5 lbs'', because to them its more of an impact.

3) Im not vain. And my man would love me no matter what, but just because some let themselves go once they get married, does not mean I have to thank you

4) Im not trying to ''impress'' anyone actually. I do it for myself and being healthy and feeling confident and sexy for myself.

Thanks to all of you for your impartial opinions and not imposing your personal vendettas on a simple question. It was question as to whether I was insulting, I dont need a debate on body image and how one should or should not feel. I didnt mean for this to turn into any controversy, was just feeling bad about it and wanted to know if it was in my head.

And to add....I talked to my friend at work who informed she in no way took it as an insult on her body, but more of a crooked eye implying ''Please, you look fine babe!''.

Well, thanks for clearing that up. Glad you won''t be ''letting yourself go'' anytime soon. Because that''s what overweight women in relationships must have done right? Sheesh.

If you didn''t want opinions you should have just stuck to asking your coworker.
1.gif

Wow that''s a really unfair reply PA

Sorry you feel that way, but I stand by what I said. I''m over it. I find the poster''s replies a bit off-putting, and I''m sure some people feel the same about what my view is, but that''s life and it''s fine. Quite frankly, I believe the original issue has been muddled and discussed to death. Back to diamonds for me.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I just want to say that my post was not meant to indicate that plus-sized women SHOULD have a low self-esteem. In my experience, most do. Not in the , "oh god, please don''t let anyone look at me" way, but more in the "what the heck are you talking about, slim?" way. I happen to think my size 18 butt is pretty darned cute, but if my skinny mom starts complaining about her size 0 self, I get a bit
20.gif
24.gif

As far as being offended for "skinny" comments, I think my mom had the worst. She eats well over 2500 calories a day (we checked!!) and is a size 0 at 5''8". She will always be naturally thin. She awoke one morning over the summer and opened her front door to let in the breeze. As she looked down she saw a book lying on the stoop. "Overcoming Anorexia Nervosa."
23.gif

I think all people need to start realizing the beauty of the human figure no matter what size or proportions it has. Our bodies are amazing creations and instead of despising or even being lackadaisical about them, we should really see them for what they''re capable of.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
I think we just need to be super sensitive when saying things about our own weight.

I could be in the minority on this, but I'm of the opposite opinion. I think we all need to be a lot LESS sensitive. The trouble these days seems to be that everyone is looking for offense where positively none is intended.

If we keep this up (as a society, not just Pricescope), pretty soon there will be NO conversations at ALL. In an extreme effort not to offend anyone, we'll all stop talking PERIOD. And that will be a shame.

It's not about comparison, and it's not a competition. The sooner we all embrace that, the happier we'll be as a lot.

A gal can feel as though she'd like to improve herself, whether she's slender or curvy. A gal should be able to feel content with herself, whether she's slender or curvy. This business about needing to 'earn the right' to feel a given way based on comparision with the person you're talking to is just nonsense.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying a little awareness is a bad thing, but it's just reeeeeeeeeally being taken to ridiculous extremes in today's times. Too little sensitivity isn't a good thing, but neither is too much.

JMHO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2010 12:20:11 AM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 1/4/2010 12:07:12 AM

Date: 1/3/2010 10:55:46 PM

NakedFinger, I wouldn't worry about it. Threads about weight here always go the same way: women of all sizes should be accepted just as they are...unless they're actually thin! (Then they probably have an eating disorder and need to eat a sandwich/biscuit/cheeseburger.) It sounds like your friend doesn't care and that's all that matters.

Thing, you're just cranky because you're hungry. Go eat a hamburger and see if you feel better.*runs for cover*

2.gif

I'd love one but I already had a grape and 2 cotton balls today so I really shouldn't. Summer's just around the corner and I've got to be bikini ready-you know how it goes!
11.gif
HI:

Snort!
9.gif
As I am a negative size zero, I am familiar with the air, cb and grape menu--but please explain the sandwich/biscuit/burger thingie. What is it? A new phenom?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 5:12:43 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I just want to say that my post was not meant to indicate that plus-sized women SHOULD have a low self-esteem. In my experience, most do. Not in the , ''oh god, please don''t let anyone look at me'' way, but more in the ''what the heck are you talking about, slim?'' way. I happen to think my size 18 butt is pretty darned cute, but if my skinny mom starts complaining about her size 0 self, I get a bit
20.gif
24.gif

As far as being offended for ''skinny'' comments, I think my mom had the worst. She eats well over 2500 calories a day (we checked!!) and is a size 0 at 5''8''. She will always be naturally thin. She awoke one morning over the summer and opened her front door to let in the breeze. As she looked down she saw a book lying on the stoop. ''Overcoming Anorexia Nervosa.''
23.gif

I think all people need to start realizing the beauty of the human figure no matter what size or proportions it has. Our bodies are amazing creations and instead of despising or even being lackadaisical about them, we should really see them for what they''re capable of.

Similar things have happened to me, somethingshiny...for some reason people can''t accept that certain people will always be thin.

In high school I got called out of class to go to the nurse''s office to have a chat about my eating disorder. (A teacher decided I was anorexic since I wore a fitted shirt one day instead of my usual t-shirts.)

Oh and in college the dentist who I had been to since the age of four decided I was bulimic when I needed a few fillings one visit. Apparently the fact that I had always been extremely thin escaped him. And he would not stop accusing me of bulimia even though I told him several times I wasn''t. So I stopped going to him immediately!

I''m not offended at being called skinny, but the idea that a woman can''t possibly be thin without having an eating disorder gets old. And weight rants go both ways-my plus sized roommate used to whine constantly about ugly size 2 women getting guys left and right just because they''re skinny. I somehow managed to refrain from telling her that it was her personality that turned people off, not her ass! I''m still impressed at my self control on that one!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Oatmeal snacks* of some sort and pickles while pregnant? If I had known how much this thread had degenerated I would have checked on it sooner! You never know with these long threads. They may say, "I want to buy a round brilliant" in the title, but then end up being about someone's Aunt Tilly's divorce from a blackjack dealer in Vegas with mob connections. ;-)

*Oatmeal Cream cookies

AGBF
34.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 5:53:51 PM
Author: canuk-gal
Date: 1/4/2010 12:20:11 AM

Date: 1/4/2010 12:07:12 AM

Date: 1/3/2010 10:55:46 PM

NakedFinger, I wouldn''t worry about it. Threads about weight here always go the same way: women of all sizes should be accepted just as they are...unless they''re actually thin! (Then they probably have an eating disorder and need to eat a sandwich/biscuit/cheeseburger.) It sounds like your friend doesn''t care and that''s all that matters.

Thing, you''re just cranky because you''re hungry. Go eat a hamburger and see if you feel better.*runs for cover*

2.gif

I''d love one but I already had a grape and 2 cotton balls today so I really shouldn''t. Summer''s just around the corner and I''ve got to be bikini ready-you know how it goes!
11.gif
HI:

Snort!
9.gif
As I am a negative size zero, I am familiar with the air, cb and grape menu--but please explain the sandwich/biscuit/burger thingie. What is it? A new phenom?

I''m not positive, but I think those are the things that morbidly obese people tend to eat.
11.gif
3.gif
12.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 5:46:57 PM
Author: Allison D.
I think we just need to be super sensitive when saying things about our own weight.

I could be in the minority on this, but I''m of the opposite opinion. I think we all need to be a lot LESS sensitive. The trouble these days seems to be that everyone is looking for offense where positively none is intended.

If we keep this up (as a society, not just Pricescope), pretty soon there will be NO conversations at ALL. In an extreme effort not to offend anyone, we''ll all stop talking PERIOD. And that will be a shame.

It''s not about comparison, and it''s not a competition. The sooner we all embrace that, the happier we''ll be as a lot.

A gal can feel as though she''d like to improve herself, whether she''s slender or curvy. A gal should be able to feel content with herself, whether she''s slender or curvy. This business about needing to ''earn the right'' to feel a given way based on comparision with the person you''re talking to is just nonsense.

Don''t get me wrong; I''m not saying a little awareness is a bad thing, but it''s just reeeeeeeeeally being taken to ridiculous extremes in today''s times. Too little sensitivity isn''t a good thing, but neither is too much.

JMHO.

+1

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 1:06:41 PM
Date: 1/4/2010 12:59:07 PM

I love cheeseburgers.

I hate them. I think that makes me a freak, somehow. Everybody I know loves them (and bacon! So especially bacon cheeseburgers), but I just can''t get past the melty cheese and meat combination. Just not appetizing to me.
I like cheeseburgers and I like bacon but I don''t like bacon on my burgers lol In fact I only like bacon as a slice in my hand with the exception of BLTs. I love BLTs. Other than that I don''t want them in my omelet, quiche, salad, or on my burgers!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 4:33:20 PM

1.gif

don''t bother - they really aren''t as good since they stopped using lard in the early 80s lol

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 5:46:57 PM
Author: Allison D.

I could be in the minority on this, but I''m of the opposite opinion. I think we all need to be a lot LESS sensitive. The trouble these days seems to be that everyone is looking for offense where positively none is intended.

If we keep this up (as a society, not just Pricescope), pretty soon there will be NO conversations at ALL. In an extreme effort not to offend anyone, we''ll all stop talking PERIOD. And that will be a shame.

It''s not about comparison, and it''s not a competition. The sooner we all embrace that, the happier we''ll be as a lot.

A gal can feel as though she''d like to improve herself, whether she''s slender or curvy. A gal should be able to feel content with herself, whether she''s slender or curvy. This business about needing to ''earn the right'' to feel a given way based on comparision with the person you''re talking to is just nonsense.

Don''t get me wrong; I''m not saying a little awareness is a bad thing, but it''s just reeeeeeeeeally being taken to ridiculous extremes in today''s times. Too little sensitivity isn''t a good thing, but neither is too much.

JMHO.
Ahhhhhhhh..... SO refreshing! I LOVE this, and very much share this point of view about life in general!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thing 2~ LOL. Sorry you had to deal with those people, but your roommate conv. is hilarious!

Allison~ I agree. You stated very well the point that I was trying to get across in the recent thread about oppression (don''t remember the title) It happens to everyone. Everyone needs to quit waiting for it and watching for it and just LIVE. Obviously we can''t go through life without our feelings getting hurt at one time or another, but we''d be less sensitive to it if it wasn''t so taboo.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results