shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a woman here who never wears makeup?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wondering.

My neighbor never wears it and she's beautiful.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Not me, but I SO want to be that woman! I'd love to feel comfortable going out without make up. I know I *could*, but I'm just super insecure about how much I've broken out/the scarring I've got. It's not as bad as it used to be, but I just hate it.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Always wear makeup. Mascara and lip gloss at the VERY least.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Me. I only wear it on special occasions, and even then it's minimal. It's not for a lack of desire - it's a lack of time!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won't say, "never". I wear it on only on very rare occasions, however. On most days I wear absolutely nothing on my face. My only concession to my need (and I do have a need) for makeup is that I have my eyebrows dyed when I have my hair colored. I always had "raven colored" hair and platinum eyebrows with very fair skin. Now I have hair highlighted to the point where it is a bunch of light blonde shades and I have dark eyebrows. That is because a friend pointed out that as I aged, I was starting to disappear without eyebrows!

I look much better with concealer under my eyes and some eyeliner and mascara on my eyes to make them bigger. I also add some blush for a party.

When I used to work I went through the ritual every morning at 5:00 am. Now I don't.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Me.

Not because I'm beautiful. I think I'm just lazy.

When I was younger I wore lots of make-up - eye shadow, eye liner, mascara. Now that I'm older I'm a lot more confident and secure in who I am as a person and I find I don't need the make-up mask to feel pretty. :)

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
At the most, on a workday I wear concealer under my eyes and some mascara so I don't look half dead. I work in a pretty un-fashion conscious workplace and field. I've always had skin issues that are exacerbated by too much anything, be it makeup or moisturizer, so I never really learned how to apply it properly. Plus I'm too lazy and/or scattered in the morning to worry about it. If we go out someplace nice, I'll sometimes wear eyeliner too, and maybe a touch of lipstick. But that's about it...

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Welll, I have to say with all modesty that I have very good skin and I don't have to wear foundation, BUT I really feel better with eye make up on.....

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Amber St. Clare|1292009742|2793466 said:
Welll, I have to say with all modesty that I have very good skin and I don't have to wear foundation, BUT I really feel better with eye make up on.....

I wish I could wear foundation. When done properly it is so forgiving, and looks very professional and put together. But I'm biracial and have never managed to find a shade that looks natural on me. :(

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
most of the time my wife don't wear any makeups.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
never ever... no. I only wear makeup for special occasions. I don't wear any daily. I think I look ok. :bigsmile:

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Most days - mascara and tinted lip balm or sheer lipstick. Every now and then, I'll add a little eyeliner/shadow or a heavier lipstick. Nothing more than that.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Trekkie|1292008132|2793438 said:
Me.

When I was younger I wore lots of make-up - eye shadow, eye liner, mascara. Now that I'm older I'm a lot more confident and secure in who I am as a person and I find I don't need the make-up mask to feel pretty. :)

Not everyone who wears make-up needs it to feel pretty - some of us just like it. I am very confident and secure in myself, but that has nothing to do with whether or not I wear make-up. I went without make-up for pretty much the entire first year of my daughter's life due to a lack of time. But now that we're in a routine I wear make-up every day because I like it. I love fashion and to me make-up is part of the fun of putting a look together. I think I look fine without it and my husband actually prefers me without it.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Rarely. I prefer to sleep a few extra minutes in the morning.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Me

I wear it maybe 3-4 times a year, usually only for a wedding or an event where there is professional photography.

Mostly coz I'm not very hung up about my appearance. I don't like the feel of it either.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I never wear make up. Well, I do own some and on rare occasions (fancy evening dinner event) I might put some on but I don't like the way it feels and don't like the way it looks, too unnatural. But I do think makeup looks lovely on young women. My DD looks gorgeous with a ton of eye makeup on. But on me? Not so much.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
NovemberBride|1292011985|2793516 said:
Trekkie|1292008132|2793438 said:
Me.

Not everyone who wears make-up needs it to feel pretty - some of us just like it. I am very confident and secure in myself, but that has nothing to do with whether or not I wear make-up. I went without make-up for pretty much the entire first year of my daughter's life due to a lack of time. But now that we're in a routine I wear make-up every day because I like it. I love fashion and to me make-up is part of the fun of putting a look together. I think I look fine without it and my husband actually prefers me without it.

Oh, I'm sorry. What I had in my head didn't come out well on screen.

I didn't mean to imply that women who wear make-up do so because they're lacking in confidence. I was merely pointing out that in my case, when I was younger, I wasn't every confident and secure and I tried to hide behind make-up. Now that I've grown up a bit I feel I have less need for makeup.

Again, I apologise if I caused any offence. :)

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
By never, do you mean, not even for special, or formal occasions?

I never wear make up every day, except for formal or special occasions! :) Even then, it's just a little.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I started wearing makeup in high school and have worn a fair amount since then, mainly because I just got used to how I looked wearing it.

Recently I've started cutting back on the makeup I wear if I go out on the weekends, just b/c I'm getting lazier. I might use a touch of concealer under my eyes, a dab of blush, and some mascara. I actually *feel* more like myself that way.

During the week, for work, I feel I need a bit more to really feel put-together and professional. I do up my eyes with shadow, liner, and mascara, and that look feels more appropriate for my professional life.

But I never go completely without unless I'm just lounging around the house.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
I wear very little on a day to day basis. Work is just concealer under the eyes (GOD I always look tired) and mascara. Weekends nothing - DHs likes it better that way. Special occassions I'll go all out, but not very often.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I moisturize and usually swipe on some blush right before I walk out the door - I have yellowy skin that looks sallow unless I've spent quality time in the sun recently. Blush is the one thing I will splurge on.

anything else - not so much. Haven't found a lipstick colour I like. Don't like eyeshadow - I look like a beetle with it. Don't use eyeliner/mascara unless it's a special occasion - it's a pain to get off! Loathe foundation - can't stand the feeling of having my face coated with stuff, fortunately my skin is well-behaved so I don't need it. I have a few pencils for the odd overplucked-eyebrow emergency..

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Well, without my handy eyebrow pencil I wouldn't have any eyebrows at all past the mid-point. Which just looks *odd* with black hair. I wear quite a bit of makeup most of the time, though occasionally if I'm rushed I'll just do powder + eyeliner + mascara. Mostly though it's that plus eyeshadow and lipstick. No blush, it looks weird on me, no liquid foundation or concealer either.

I have no idea where I get the girly-girl stuff like wearing makeup from. My mom, I have seen her in makeup *once* that I can remember, at her wedding. And that was mascara. My sister, likewise- the last time she wore makeup in the past 20 years or so was a few months ago when I pinned her down and attacked her with it, lol. She looked like a cat being washed, it was pretty entertaining :tongue:

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I go completely bare faced on a daily basis, but I put on makeup to go out with friends in the evening or to weekend events. When I was working (in grad school now), I put on makeup about half the time for work, maybe less. I think makeup looks pretty and put together, but I usually prefer to sleep in the morning. If I had a less even skin tone or more blemishes, I might consider it more of a necessity. I also have very dark features (eyes and eyebrows) that define my face, and my lips and skin are pinkish, so I don't have the issue of disappearing face like some of my fair-haired friends.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't wear makeup, except once or twice a year, for formal occasions. Even then, it tends to be just eyeliner and lipstick, as I never got the hang of applying concealer or blush. My mother never wears makeup (I only saw her once with lipstick!).

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Not me I always wear makeup, I use the bare minerals foundation and mineral veil, blush, eyeshadow, mascara and I throw on eyeliner depending on my mood. The whole thing only takes a few minutes, maybe 5? Maybe it's a regional or industry thing because all the women I know personally and professionally wear makeup all the time.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first time I ever bought foundation was the summer of 2008...for my wedding. I had to learn how to do make up in a hurry for that occasion! Even then, all I had was some foundation, some matte powder, eyeliner, and lipstick and I think I looked ok.

If left to my own devices I would not wear make up, however, when I started working in the hospital last year, my peers suggested I wear more make up to work so that I would look older. Apparently if you put me in scrubs and no make up I look very young, as in ...teenager young. Which makes some patients a bit nervous, so I wear a bit of powder and eye brow liner in the morning now.

To this day I've still never worn mascara...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
*raises hand*

I don't wear it to work, unless you count a dot of concealer if I get a zit. I look nicer (and more mature) with makeup than without, but I don't have the time or motivation to put it on. I'll wear it to semi-formal events...holiday parties, weddings, and the like. And maybe the occasional fancy dinner. But in general I don't wear it at all.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Trekkie- have you tried Benefit, or Fashion Fair makeup. Benefit is made for women of color, and have "rare" shades. Fashion fair is undergoing a transformation, and the they have different coverage types. I have a hard to match color also, and the only ones i can really match up with is Benefit, and FF...others i have to mix and match different colors.

Honestly, i dont wear a lot of makeup during the week and to school. Whats the point, its school, unless i have a bump or two im trying to cover up. Usually for school, i ahve some mascara on to make the eyes pop, some balm and a sweep of blush. But thats it for school, on the weekends, i will wear more, because i have more time, and i like to play with it. During the day, i do the eyes,blush and lips, and than at night i do the whole thing. Its so much fun, and makes me feel alittle more girlie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results