shape
carat
color
clarity

iPhone or Samsung... which should I get?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I need to purchase a new phone through Verizon and need advice please. I have only ever had an android (Samsung) mobile phone but do own everything else Apple. I have a few Apple laptops and an iPad as does my dh and I love their computers.

I have not been thrilled with my Samsung mobile phones (mainly speed of internet and receiving and sending emails) but from my understanding nothing is perfect and I always will prefer my laptop over the phone for internet usage.

What I am looking for however is a mobile for internet usage when I am on the go and for texting and only occasional chatting as I dislike talking on the mobile in general.

The Costco mobile phone salesman told me that Samsung beats Apple re the phone camera but with everything else he feels Apple is probably better though he recommends either. The Samsung phone camera has16 pixels vs 8 so that was the main (and only) area that Samsung beat Apple mobile according to him. My mobile phone is my only camera but that is not enough for me to stick with Samsung if the Apple phone is superior in most other ways.

The cost of either phone is not cheap and once I get it (14 days to try it out though) I am stuck with it for 2 years unless I want to take the $600 or so loss. It seems now we have to pay for the retail price of the phone divided up over a 2 year contract so it adds a significant amount to the monthly bill. I think we prefer taking the usual 2 year contract so will probably stick with that either way. My dh is also getting a new phone but his mind is pretty sure he is getting an apple. He is a former blackberry user so this should be interesting as he tried a Samsung a few years ago and went back to the blackberry after a few months.

So I am coming to PS asking you guys what your thoughts are. I know PSers are extremely well versed in almost every area so I know I will receive good advice here. We most likely would get the newer model coming out of either phone I think unless you have a different suggestion. The salesman told us basically that newer models really don't have those bugs I thought they did and if there are any software problems on the new phone model Apple fixes it very quickly.

Thanks for your advice and suggestions. I appreciate them!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I have an AT&T iPhone that I use as a hotspot for my iPad and laptop when traveling. The hotspot feature works great EXCEPT for tower limitations in certain cities or hotels. I used it in Las Vegas and Santa Fe recently - worked beautifully and had fast internet in each city. I used it in NYC and DC - slow LTE connection in NYC and even slower LTE in DC, which was nonexistent in the hotel to just super slow in the city.

So I recommend checking out Verizon's tower service.

Also my husband (Samsung) and his son (iPhone) had phones on Verizon and hated it. Seems there's a bug/feature in the iPhone 6 that I don't believe is fixed yet (??) in that the phone switches on/off on its own bw wifi to LTE when pulling data depending on what is being downloaded or used, based on how the phone thinks it can boost its own performance. In theory that sounds smart but in reality, when my stepson was watching a movie or YouTube on his phone supposedly using the free wifi in the house, his phone was sucking up the LTE data plan. Verizon said oh well, you have to pay the data overage fees anyway since we can't turn that iPhone feature off.

My iPhone 6 with AT&T does that wifi/LTE switch too but my phone is paid by my employer so I don't use it for movies, games, etc.- just PS. :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I don't think you can really go wrong with either. I have an iPhone but have friends who have Samsungs and they love their phones too. The only complaint I have heard about the Samsung is that you don't get the missed call /voicemail appearing on your screen telling you who called like you do with the iPhone. That drove one of my friends crazy. She said a very tiny icon showed up that was very easy to miss seeing.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Androids, but iPhones get some apps that aren't available for Android. My daughter was looking at buying a new car, and she found one where the navigation system integrated with iPhone only, so that was a disappointment (she has Android). My husband prefers iPhone for work. Right now there are more apps and accessories for iPhone. I have no idea about your networks though.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI, Missy -- my techie son recently got a new VZ phone; he anticipated getting another Samsung Galaxy, but decided instead upon the metal-cased HTC Remix & has been very pleased with it, has found it superior to his Galaxy.

But since you and your husband are happy owners of other Apple products, seems like being integrated across all your devices would make a lot of sense.

A couple of possible cost-savers:
* See if either your employer or your husband's has entered into an agreement with VZ whereby employees get a discount on their personal (not work-issued) phones, accessories, and service plans. If not, perhaps the employers would now explore that option; it's not a lengthy process.

* Go to an official, exclusively VZ store rather than Costco, Best Buy, or other wireless retailers. I've always found VZ's own employees do a great job of assessing usage in the course of preceding months & then "work" the numbers/modify my plans when I've renewed my contract; even made the effort to go higher up the chain (management outside the store) to get approval for a better package deal that wasn't immediately showing up on their computers.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy: I just researched this in June when I bought a Samsung Galaxy 6 with Verizon through Costco. I got a $70 rebate on the phone which brought its price down to $129. They threw in a great screen shield. I bought the Otter box for it and THE BEST CHARGING PAD EVAH!!!!! :lol. You must get the charging pad, you simply lay your phone onto it, and when its done the pad color changes from blue to green.

Verizon call quality is documented as being the best available of all the carriers. Samsung has good videos loaded onto the phone so you can teach yourself.

I don't like my husband's iPhone at all but I'm droid-y with my Kindle Fire and pc.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
If you want to actually use it as a phone (to talk on it), pretty much anything except an iPhone.

If you want an entertainment device with cool games n stuff, then definitely an iPhone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my iPhone 6 and have not had any issues since I got it almost a year ago. I use it for calls, texting, checking email and FB, maps and directions when travelling (because it is easier to use than the built-in GPS in my car!), the camera, Flixter and a few apps like that, and no games or entertainment. We have PC's at home but use iPhones and iPads! If you use other Apple products, the iPhone is a no-brainer. I used to take an iPad with me on weekend trips, but now I manage fine with the iPhone 6.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for your input.

UrsTx, Thanks very much for sharing that with me.

I think Verizon's tower service is the best of all the other providers in the areas we are living and working. I find that my Samsung (3) switches back to LTE lots of times when I am at home and should be on my wireless service. It is annoying as I don't always realize it till much later. So I feel your pain re that issue and that is obnoxious of Verizon to charge you overage fees IMO. I would absolutely fight them on that and take it as high up as I could. They charge enough as it is and should not take such advantage. I am getting pissed off on your behalf LOL.

Callie, thank you for your thoughts. As you know I hate the (any) mobile for talking on the phone and for getting messages and I always ask everyone if you need to leave a message (if you cannot reach me) please do it on the home phone as I feel I am always missing the mobile messages.

Thank you Lyra. I like android phones too but have been dissatisfied with the speed of retrieving my emails and the internet in general and not sure if that is a feature specific to android phones or just all phones vs my regular laptop. Or just the LTE vs the wireless. So many variables and not sure I am being fair to the Samsung phone. Maybe it is the best it can be no matter the phone I am using.

MollyMalone, thank you very much. That is good advice and my dh did go to the Verizon store last week before we went to Costco to check it out further. However I was not with him at the Verizon store and I want to go and talk to them too. I bet it also depends who you are talking to at the store and perhaps I can find someone who can give me different options.

I have heard very good things about the HTC phone and in fact a good friend of mine just got that phone (2 weeks ago) to replace his Samsung. I dismissed it when he told me about it but now will check into that too. Thanks.

Kristie, my fellow Samsung user, thanks. I know you love your Samsung and that is one of my hesitations that I will switch and regret it later. That Otterbox sounds awesome! And wow on your cost, that was a great price you got 3 months ago. Right now it seems super expensive compared to 2 years ago when we were getting a new phone. There is an additional phone cost charge now that wasn't there 2 years ago where now it seems the best option is just paying for the retail cost of the phone over 24 months. In the past I don't think we had to pay for the retail cost of the phone when we took a 2 year contract but those days seem gone right now. At least with Verizon and we are sticking with Verizon most likely due to the reasons you listed.

What don't you like about Bob's iPhone? As you know I have many Apple products and do love my MacBooks and iPad but want to make sure if I switch to iPhone I know what I am getting into so please if you can elaborate on what you don't care for on Bob's iPhone I would appreciate it.

Hi iLander, thanks for your advice. I definitely don't use my phone as a phone in the traditional sense. I don't talk on it rather use it just for texts and internet. A mini-computer on the go is my main reason for having the phone and of course for emergencies if I have to talk on it I will but I do not like to chat on it ever. So mainly for texting and emails and internet capability on the go. I don't play games on my phone however so again pretty basic needs nothing fancy.

Thank you DiamondSeeker, I use my mobile for a GPS in the car as it beats our TomTom GPS. Love the Samsung 3 GPS and hopefully I will love the iPhone GPS too if I end up with the iPhone.

Is the iPhone 6 you have the big one or regular size phone? I saw both at Costco and I love the big one but it won't fit in my pocketbook so that is a dilemma. Now that I cannot see anything close up I really prefer the bigger screen but not sure what I am going to do with the phone when my dh isn't around to carry it for me in his pocket LOL. I am sure I will figure it out because I am leaning towards the bigger phone if I go with the iPhone. Though not sure if the new iPhone offers the bigger size and I might just go with the new one if the reviews are favorable. The savings for going with the older model isn't worth it as I think it is only a savings of $4 a month so I just want to choose the better phone regardless of the price.

I am the type of person who would prefer a black and white answer and I know there isn't one in this case. It seems because I have both Apple and non Apple products I could probably be happy with either choice but I am leaning towards iPhone right now.

I appreciate any further info though as I still have time to think about this issue. Thanks!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a personal blackberry (q10), a work iPhone(5s) and my partner has a samsung(s5). The samsung camera kicks the shit out of the iphone camera - hands down. If you like to take pictures on your phone, the samsung is really beautiful. The iphone maps are very annoying to me - if you use your phone for GPS this is something to know. I think there are still more apps for iPhone, but android is quickly catching up. The iPhone & samsung are on different networks, so that could be the problem - but the samsung will sometimes have difficulty connecting. If there isnt 4G LTE readily available it is SLOW and sometimes won't answer calls (straight to VM even if the phone is on). So, depending on your network, if you keep it on 4gLTE you'll probably be fine (but your battery wont!).

That's funny your husband prefers his berry. I love mine - it has the touchscreen AND keyboard, which I like. If I have to type anything, i would much prefer my berry. I still don't love the virtual keyboards of the touchscreen phones. But the picture quality is better on the iphone (and then better on the samsung), so I usually just take the iphone with my on vacation. No typing, lots of pictures!

eta- we also have a samsung smart TV - so we have an app on the samsung that matches up with the tv to change channels haha. Its actually really handy when you cant find the remote...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the regular iPhone 6. I feel like the larger one is getting close to a mini iPad. I want my phone to be relatively small (like to fit in the pocket in my purse). The regular 6 is much better than the 5 in terms of screen size, IMO.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've nothing to add, just that I'm going to follow along to see what everyone says. We're planning to get smart phones and have been talking about what to get. We've never had smart phones before so this is all new territory for us!

My dad keeps sending me links to phones on ebay...I'm highly doubtful that we will want to chance ebay for phones to save a few bucks.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, here is the BEST CHARGING PAD EVAH!!! OMG, I cannot tell you how much I love this. When my phones needs to be charged, I lay it on the pad, the pad emits a pretty blue lighted color, the phone will tell you how long til fully charged, and when its charged that blue light changes to green! No more fumbling to put the right end of the cord into the correct plug in of the phone, etc., and the charging pad can go wherever you have a handy electrical outlet. It was on sale at Costco last I looked. I believe I can charge my Kindle Fire on it also, I think anything up to date that is droid can charge on it.

img_20150907_150905_kindlephoto-24743839.jpg

img_20150907_150918.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I have the iPhone 6 and haven't had any problems with it. It takes great pictures. I like that my pictures, notes, etc. sync across my iPads and MacBook. Since you already know how to use the iPad there won't be much of a learning curve for an iPhone; they are pretty much the same system. Another cool feature is as long as you are on the same wifi system if your iPhone rings you can answer calls on your iPad or laptop.

I know the Samsung are nice phones too.

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
azstonie - is that a Qi charger? My husband has a charging pad in his car that is Qi (but it won't work with his iphone haha)

I might look at getting one for my Samsung.

My 5c is that you should get the one you know. I am a long time Samsung user as I hated the small size of iphone screens. I got swayed by the IPhone 6+ screen so got one, and HATED it! I used it for 10 days and went back to my old phone. It didn't do anything that I was used to with my old phone. Altho everyone said "oh there's an app for that" - I don't want an app when my old phone did it without one! or "go to the Apple shop, they will help you" - what? I'm not going to a shop to learn how to use a phone!

All my friends that have iphones swear by them, so I say get what you know. The other one will never live up to what you are used to.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Glam: love your avatar :wavey:

Yes, it is the current Qi charger. At first I thought I bought something kind of redundant (a special way to charge the phone??) but I really love this. It can get warm so if you have sensitive furniture where you rest it, put a coaster under it but anything else would be fine bare.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I am on verizon and my 18 year old son and I have samsung galaxy 6 (I got it for his high school graduation gift). Previously he had an iphone and hated the battery life and glitchness of it. He much prefers the samsung galaxy. I love my galaxy and its my third one. I went from a galaxy 2 to a galaxy 4 to a 6 upgrading every 2 years. My 16 year old daughter has an iphone and loves it and would not switch for anything. But she is obsessed with music and finds her iphone best for that. I on the other hand wanted a great camera and the camera on the samsung is amazing. For some reason iphones never appealed to me. My 18 year old son who is much more tech saVvy than me prefers the samsung to his old iphone. I think its really personal preference. Good luck deciding! I am happy with verizon though. I use to be with sprint and my calls constantly got dropped and I havn't had that problem since I switched.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for that additional input. I am more confused than ever LOL.

telephone, thank you for all that info. Yes my dh prefers a real keyboard however for some reason he now wants to switch to the iPhone. He wants something that is not so difficult to use apps on and his blackberry started acting up and he also loves listening to music. I wonder if he will regret making the switch. It sounds like you have the best of all 3 so that's a win win for sure.

I find my Samsung (3) is awfully slow in general and hope that whichever phone I end up getting is quicker just because it is a later more advanced model. My Samsung only held a charge when using the 4GLTE for a few hours at best but I am used to carrying my charger around with me so it wasn't huge deal. Annoying but not unsurmountable.

That is cool you can use your phone as a remote for your Samsung tv. LOL, love that.

DiamondSeeker, thanks and I am with you. I initially went with the Samsung last time over the iPhone because I preferred the size of the screen to the original size of the iPhone screen. I thought the Samsung screen size was perfect. But I admit I am tempted by the larger iPhone 6 but will have to check out what the new iPhone screen size will be and if it is as large as my Samsung that should be good enough. As you write it is important to be able to carry it around without too much effort.

Packrat, I hope you find this thread useful. It is not an easy decision. We are reading reviews and the biggest problem so far (with the iPhone 6) is intermittent wifi connection it seems. Lots of people complaining it has trouble keeping connection to whatever your wifi connection is. What a huge pain and I wonder if it will be fixed with the new iPhone. Hmmm. I do have that problem occasionally with my Samsung.

Kristie, thanks for the pic of your cool charger. Pretty.

Marcy, thanks for weighing in and I am glad the picture quality is up to your standards. As you know I have no real camera and have been using my Samsung to share pics with all of you so I would be sad if the pics didn't come out well on my new phone whatever I choose. How cool you can answer the iPhone on your iPad or macbook. Ooh now I am interested. How do you do that? Through the speaker? OMG how cool.

Hi GlamMosher, thanks for sharing your experience and I am in total agreement. Stick with what you know and what you like. If I was entirely happy with my Samsung I wouldn't even be considering making the switch and part of me feels that is me just being too picky and that any phone I get there will be things I am not happy with. Mainly the connection/speed of getting internet is my main concern. My Samsung is slow with that and I was hoping the iPhone might be quicker and less buggy. But reading the reviews about the difficulty of maintaining wifi connection with the iPhone 6 has me concerned. Though that is sometimes an issue with my Samsung.

Could you elaborate about specifically what you did not like on the iPhone? That is what did you need an app for on the iPhone that the Samsung handled with no app needed? Thanks.

Hi asscherisme, thanks for the info and it is reassuring to know you and your (techy) son prefer the Samsung 6. I guess if I stick with Samsung I will get the 6 as it already has a proven track record with PSers. I love music but I don't use my phone but the iPad hooked up to the stereo so don't need the iPhone for that unlike my dh who listens to the music on the go with his phone.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the samsung Galaxy 4. I love that phone and have no issues with it connecting wirelessly to my car. I like that it connects pretty seamlessly to my google account so I get my calendar and emails on my phone as well. I'm honestly not looking to move to a 6 yet, I'm happy with how the 4 works and all (I don't like the camera, but I'm assuming its much better on the 6)

I don't use it for navigation, I have that in my car already, but, I do like that I can push addresses from my phone to the navigation system in my car!

I also like that you can if you want or need to, root the phone. You can't do that with an iphone. My other half has an iphone, and has pretty much always had one since they came out. But then again he loves apple and you can barely pry it from his hands!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Arcadian. I like the GPS my Samsung has better than our car's navigation system and use it whenever we are unfamiliar with where we are driving. That and the camera are really good with the Samsung phone. What does rooting the phone mean? I know I am clueless that I don't know. :oops:

I do love my iPad though. I think I just have to get both. JK. :cheeky: LOL it seems people are evenly split Samsung vs iPhone. My dh just informed me he is pretty sure he is getting the iPhone and now I just have to decide. Still not sure. :read:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, you do just talk through speakers on your iPad and Apple laptop. It works really slick.

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
missy|1441710829|3924889 said:
Could you elaborate about specifically what you did not like on the iPhone? That is what did you need an app for on the iPhone that the Samsung handled with no app needed? Thanks.

I can only think of one now - I couldn't use my own ring tone. I have had the same ringtone for many years (Super Mario tune, don't judge me!) and I don't think I would even recognise my own phone ringing now if it wasn't that tune. On my Samsungs I have just saved it as a music file (I think) and I can set it as a ring tone. You can't do that with Iphones unless you have an app.

Another thing I didn't like was having to go through iTunes all the time. On android phones you can open the files on the phone on your computer when it is plugged in as it appears as another drive. I am used to just opening my phone up on my laptop to get photos etc, but on the iPhone you have to import and export through iTunes. I guess if you are used to Apple, its not a problem, but it just seems they make everything a little more difficult than it could be.

Nothing to do with an app, but my Samsung works with my car bluetooth for text messages as well as calls. So when I get a new text message, my music or radio will stop and the Bluetooth will say "you have a new message, do you want to read it now?", I say yes, and it reads it out to me. Iphone is not compatible for that. That was pretty much the deal breaker as I am so used to not wondering who just messaged me when I am driving if I hear the beep.

TaylaBrewer

Rough_Rock
I just fine the iPhone interface more suited for easy browsing and usage. I went Samsung once and couldn't wait to get back on the iPhone drip :wall:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for elaborating GlamMosher. Very helpful info.

That is a pain having to go through iTunes. We subscribe to Tidal and I have it on both my iPad and Samsung but not sure how my dh added it. He takes care of all that stuff since I am technologically challenged. The ringtone issue I hear you on too and I remember 2 years ago I had some difficulty getting the ringtone I wanted but I was finally able to get it. That however is with the Samsung and again my dh figured it out. That wouldn't be a deal breaker for me but yes that is annoying not having the ring tone you want. Also with you on the phone and the car connection. I hate driving and having the phone ring or text and I have to wait till I get where I am going to check it out wondering the whole way LOL. However my Samsung is not now connected either as we have an old car and not sure we could even connect it.

Marcy, that is so cool. I really am tempted by that feature. I had no clue that could be done.

Thank you TaylaBrewer. I do enjoy my MacBooks and iPad and have a feeling there are features I will enjoy with the iPhone but features I will miss on the Samsung. It will take undoing all the years of using a mobile phone and all of them Samsung so I know there will be a learning curve.

Just heard on this morning's news that supposedly Apple has improved the iPhone camera and it seems that is the one major drawback to switching to iPhone as the Samsung camera is really nice. The salesperson told me that even with the new improvements it will not be close to the Samsung camera. I don't think that would be a deal breaker for me but then again not having ever used the iPhone camera and seen the picture quality I cannot say for sure. I do take a lot of pics with my Samsung.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I have both a Samsung Galaxy (personal cell phone) and an iPhone (work cell phone). Before getting my work iPhone I always disliked iPhones, but thought maybe that was because I'd never had one of my own to use and play with. I've now had one for like 2 years, and yup, I still dislike it. Androids have so many better and customizable features, which I like. And yes, there are some apps available on the iPhone that aren't available on Android, but it also goes the other way. I have a few apps that are awesome on my Android that aren't available on the iPhone.

Love love love the camera on my S6. It's amazing!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Star Sparkle. I have to say I never realized how great my Samsung camera is until I read all the advice and info in this thread. I took it for granted all these years and not having a separate camera I use the Samsung camera a lot. I read a bit more info on the difference b/w the 2 phones and it seems the iPhone camera will still not be nearly as good as the Samsung. However that is not a deal breaker for me as most importantly I want a fast internet phone that is reliable and easy to use without too much of a learning curve for me.

If anyone is interested (packrat) I found a few good articles highlighting the difference b/w the 2 phones. Though until the new iPhone comes out and has been out for a while I will not know for sure if there is anything that needs to be worked out with it. Always a risk when getting a new model that has just been released.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s6-vs-iphone-6-1286508

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/samsung-galaxy-s6-vs-iphone-6#fGO2K51wHv1Si9bF.14

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1441879104|3925983 said:
Thanks Star Sparkle. I have to say I never realized how great my Samsung camera is until I read all the advice and info in this thread. I took it for granted all these years and not having a separate camera I use the Samsung camera a lot. I read a bit more info on the difference b/w the 2 phones and it seems the iPhone camera will still not be nearly as good as the Samsung. However that is not a deal breaker for me as most importantly I want a fast internet phone that is reliable and easy to use without too much of a learning curve for me.

You're going to find that it's not a matter of which phone you use, but rather which network you're on that determines your internet speed. I've always had super fast internet on my Androids on Verizon, and when I got my first work iPhone it was on Sprint and everything was SO SLOW. The internet was painfully slow to browse on that phone that it wasn't worth the effort. Fast forward to a couple of months ago, we got new iPhones (well, the same model, just a brand new one) on the Verizon network and now there's no difference in the internet speed between my Android and iPhone.

Both are going to be reliable, so it really just comes down to a matter of personal preference.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
I'm using our iphone 5 s's that we bought before living in Korea. When we were in Korea the didn't work and we bought Samsung Galaxy's. Now that we are stateside those Samsungs don't work so great- I think it is a carrier issue? and I'm back to my iphone 5s.

I love smartphones... and I've loved all of mine.

I think you might like the iphone a lot since you have apple computers at home- you might find it very intuitive and smart, and seamless.

I have windows on my computer and found android phones to be more user friendly for me. Apple makes me feel stupid, sometimes, lol.

What I LOVE about my iphone: screenshots, carplay- does your car radio have that capability? it is awesome, and iTunes- having my music with me always is huge- that alone makes me think my next smartphone will be another apple. (edit to add: carplay is an app that you can use your radio screen in the car to use your phone for certain functions, and siri, too- I hugely love it)

Samsung: camera, photos, surfing the internet,- doing things like transferring and saving data and getting it on my computer, anything with files, etc. I found to be more user friendly for me.

Good luck!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you star sparkle. That is good info. I have Verizon but the (Samsung 3) seems so slow when getting my emails and using the internet sometimes. Not sure why. I know yahoo mail sort of sucks but that is my main email address and I don't feel like changing it because everyone I know has that address and it is just seems to difficult to change it.

I think you are right in that I really probably cannot go wrong. I don't know why I am making such a big deal about this. I guess I am not thrilled we have to pay for the phone now (no more free phone with contract) so I want to make the best choice for me. Though at this point I am still not sure what that might be. Leaning towards iPhone mainly because we have all apple products besides the phone and also because my dh decided he is getting the iPhone.

Hi apacherose, thank you for adding your experience and thoughts. That was my hope that iPhone would work more efficiently than my Samsung does at times. Though I am now thanks to Star realizing it probably is more of a carrier issue than a phone issue where I am at least. At the beach house my wireless connection on the phone is wonkier than at our NYC home.

LOL I hear you about feeling stupid but for me any technology is an equal opportunity offender that way haha. :oops:

I don't know what carplay is but our car is very old so I am sure it doesn't have anything like that. Sounds intriguing and probably we are going to have to get a new car sooner than later (though I sure hope it is later) so I will be finding out all about that new (to me) technology.

What you found easier to use on your Samsung phone *is* very important to me so now I am wondering again. Surfing the internet (and camera to a lesser degree). LOL I didn't put this much thought and time into purchasing any of our apple computers. I do like my Samsung but am hoping I love the iPhone more if I make the switch.
Thanks again for your input.

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Hi Missy.

I have a LG G3 and love it. The G3 has a better camera than the galaxy. A niece just switched from iphone to a galaxy and said she is amazed at the difference in picture quality. My son also has a G3. We can be together and do a websearch at the same time and his phone always beats mine. His carrier is Sprint, mine is ATT.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results