shape
carat
color
clarity

interesting afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
in the houston galleria. stood in front of tiffany''s hoping people from pricescope would show up, (no one did) but at happened instead was...

a man came storming out of tiffany''s saying to his wife no one would wait on him. then I went in. they fell all over me. hmm.

ok salespeople what the deal? he was wearing jeans and shorts, typical weekend male. i was wearing a jeans/blazer. do clothes make the difference? or my jools? i was wearing pearls ''n jeans.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
"he was wearing jeans and shorts"

Ah...I dont'' believe I would have waited on that NUTT either! Bet he was uncomfortable!

DKS

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds familar, whats fun is to go into such a place and pull $2k of cash out of your pocket and start counting it then ignore them :}
(yes I pay cash for almost everything, no I dont normaly carry 2k in cash but have carried 3.5k to buy a car. That was when the reporting amount was 5k and pre-9/11 dont try that these days, you should have seen the sales persons eyes when I started counting out $100 bills.)
ah the great days of actualy having a job......

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, Lady Kemma, I would have loved to have gone shopping with you today! I wish I were closer!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
LK, this is a busy weekend for me. both kids home and Mother''s Day duties,
or else I would have been there!!

I don''t frequent Tiffany''s much, but if I go in alone, I get ignored.
The last time I went with my husband, they couldn''t have been nicer.

Were they busy today? I bet they were! I try to avoid the Galleria on weekends,
but if the bling is calling, ya'' gotta answer!

Have you ever been in Duestch & Duestch (sp)? Went in once a year or so ago,
with hubby. Not much in the way of inventory, but they were nice. I don''t like Nazar''s either. You could walk around in there for days before they would say hello. And then they never have what you want. I went to Zadock''s a few weeks ago and we spent about 2 hours in there. They need new salesmen, poor guys don''t know squat. When I mentioned a diamond shank, he didn''t know what a shank was. Okie dokie!! Where else is there to go to see the goods? !!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
what''s really sad is the diamond section in the front, they weren''t busy. he wanted to buy a honker. stoopid salespeople. they waited on me and I couldn''t afford a thing!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i like nazar''s. actually surprised you get bad service there. expensive place. where is zadocks?
Date: 5/13/2007 1:00:04 AM
Author: Ann

with hubby. Not much in the way of inventory, but they were nice. I don''t like Nazar''s either. You could walk around in there for days before they would say hello. And then they never have what you want. I went to Zadock''s a few weeks ago and we spent about 2 hours in there. They need new salesmen, poor guys don''t know squat. When I mentioned a diamond shank, he didn''t know what a shank was. Okie dokie!! Where else is there to go to see the goods? !!

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
the Tiffany''s here in the twin cities is similarly pretentious. I wouldn''t buy even a telephone dialer from them.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I've had that happen a couple of times, their loss.

Most recently at the LV @ Saks a few days ago, guess I was too casually dressed. I decided to pick up the Popincourt but she dropped the bag on the counter rather rudely after getting bent out of shape for having to search a few drawers for one. (I had an armfull of LV already...so it's not like I'm just trying it on for fun). She totally ignored me after that so I decided I could get it online with much less attitude and no tax (9%)! Hubby was wondering why I came home empty handed...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 9:32:09 AM
Author: ladykemma
i like nazar''s. actually surprised you get bad service there. expensive place. where is zadocks?

Date: 5/13/2007 1:00:04 AM

Author: Ann

LK,
Zadock''s is in the strip center at the corner of San Felipe and Post Oak. If I recall correctly there is a California Kitchen in the same center. Zadocks is in the corner.
(sp, might be Zadoks)

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had mixed experiences at Tiff''s. Usually they are fakey nice or condescendingly nice, but not all that knowledgeable. My favorite time was when nobody wanted to help me at first but then when I finally got someone''s attention, they saw my Vatche X Prong ROUND ring and they were falling all over themselves complimenting my Lucida! And yet... there IS something about that little blue box!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really is so dependant on the staff. The Tiffany''s in the mall near me has always had lovely service, and for the most part nice saleshelp. I could not speak to how knowledgeable they were since I was not, pre PS, ultra informed myself, but...and this was before I got my first or second rings or studs from them. I came in and got silver stuff, bat mitzvah gifts, pens, house and baby gifts, the occasional piece of gold for myself...but for a couple of years here was not spending a lot, and I always got served. Now I get really great service, which is nice, but I must say I have not had any issues ever. It stinks when that happens and is stupid too... remember Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, when Richard Gere gives her money to shop and the snotty sales girls make fun of her because she looks like, well, a hooker? Then, she finds the nice sales lady through the hotel manager, and she, looking elegant and lovely, walks into the shop where the girls had been so rude to her? They really notice her and want to help her, she is classy looking and loaded down with bags...then she reminds them that she was in the day before and they were mean to her, and she asks, "Do you work on commission?" When they answer yes she shrugs and says, "Big Mistake. Huge." as she turns and walks out. Point? (I do have one!) One never knows who is walking in the door and who is going to buy what, so ALL customers should be treated the same way, with respect and courtesy. The person in casual clothes who looks like a looky loo just might be ready to buy something amazing~

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Because I have a one-track mind .. I have to ask ... did you see the Lucida Bezel-Set pendants??????
26.gif

Snapping this stack of a hundred rubber bands on my arm ISN''T HELPING discourage my lustful thoughts!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still find it hilarious that salespeople judge on what you''re wearing. Some of the richest people around just wear sweats or tees and jeans!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I work with one of the richest hedgefunders in the UK, but you would never guess it. I''ve never seen him in a tie or suit, he has a very trendy haircut but normally looks like he''s been dragged through a hedge backwards.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 1:11:38 AM
Author: diamondfan
It really is so dependant on the staff. The Tiffany''s in the mall near me has always had lovely service, and for the most part nice saleshelp. I could not speak to how knowledgeable they were since I was not, pre PS, ultra informed myself, but...and this was before I got my first or second rings or studs from them. I came in and got silver stuff, bat mitzvah gifts, pens, house and baby gifts, the occasional piece of gold for myself...but for a couple of years here was not spending a lot, and I always got served. Now I get really great service, which is nice, but I must say I have not had any issues ever. It stinks when that happens and is stupid too... remember Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, when Richard Gere gives her money to shop and the snotty sales girls make fun of her because she looks like, well, a hooker? Then, she finds the nice sales lady through the hotel manager, and she, looking elegant and lovely, walks into the shop where the girls had been so rude to her? They really notice her and want to help her, she is classy looking and loaded down with bags...then she reminds them that she was in the day before and they were mean to her, and she asks, ''Do you work on commission?'' When they answer yes she shrugs and says, ''Big Mistake. Huge.'' as she turns and walks out. Point? (I do have one!) One never knows who is walking in the door and who is going to buy what, so ALL customers should be treated the same way, with respect and courtesy. The person in casual clothes who looks like a looky loo just might be ready to buy something amazing~
I tend to agree with you, DF. I find it to be store specific. The salestaff at NM in downtown Chicago are like that. They act like they are sooo superior but the people in Northbrook are great.

The people at Kaufmann de Suisse In Palm Beach are smart. They treated us very nicely both years when we were there. (My husband does wear a Patek, however). But I am wearing a 1.85 carat ring and that''s about it. And there is a very good chance when I upgrade someday, I will do it there. (Also, no Chicago store means no tax. )

You just never know. I guess Tiffany''s gets tons of people in there who can''t afford a thing in there. Even sadder are the people who are laying out big bucks in there and can''t really afford it. I see so many men in there with their soon-to-be fiancees looking shell-shocked. I just want to tell them about PS but I never do.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
I went to a Tiffany''s in Boca Raton and the salesman was below average. I am sure I looked like I wasn''t going to buy anything, I was approached by a salesman. He noticed my ring and didn''t say anything nice about it. That is fine, it was very dirty from swimming at the resort pool for the past week. I told him it was graded such and such by HRD and he was confused. He never heard of HRD and he implied that it was clarity inhanced - HRD must be close to some other acronym. Although I love the Tiffany product, I hate to buy from such a poor salesman. I felt really bad about my ring after that. Why would I go back to him?
I guess some salesmen think people come to buy the tiffany product regardless of their sales pitch and they don''t try very hard.

Ty Cobb

Shiny_Rock
I am really surprised to hear anything about bad service at the Tiffs in the Galleria. That is the only store I have ever been in, and have always gotten friendly service. Knowledge wise...never really paid attention. I mean seriously, I am not looking for knowlede from someone selling me something anyway. They know the basics, are friendly, and generally go out of their way to help me.

Granted I ussually go by during the week when it isn''t as busy. I am going to put this guy in the category of not having any patience, I mean seriously, I have never had trouble getting service. I ussually am dressed in slacks and a button down shirt, but from time to time have gone in jeans and a polo shirt. Never had any trouble at the Tiffs in the Galleria. Was actually there about a week ago, and the lady that helped printed off about 6 diamond reports for me even though she knew I was just looking.

Don''t know what to say, have always had exemplary service there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results