shape
carat
color
clarity

Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio PS'ers? You guys okay?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you're all all right, and that the devastation from the storms didn't affect any of you , or any of your loved ones.

The loss of life and destruction is so sad. My thoughts are for anyone affected.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I didn't hear about this at all. Hope everyone and their families are okay!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am a NJ PSer but was flying with friends into ST Louis for a connection to Dallas yesterday morning- we went through a wind tunnel as we were trying to land for tossed a bit and had to go back up and circle and wait for the wins shears and tunnels to pass and the thunderstorm to roll out... Crazy whether yesterday. Hope all are well.

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm.. I'm in Ohio and I don't know anything about this... Guess I should watch the news :-o

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup. We got lucky this time. Last spring was worse in my area of southern Indiana (for us) and I hope this current trend does not continue.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
It seems really early for such devastating weather. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for the rest of the spring and summer.

Glad to hear that you're okay, Monarch and LJL.

Wow, Amy's Bling, that sounds like a very scary ride, glad you made it down safely.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
My DD's boyfriend's dorm had to be evacuated, and the kids bunked in the library. There were tornados north and south of them, but luckily nothing hit them.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1330797645|3139967 said:
I am a NJ PSer but was flying with friends into ST Louis for a connection to Dallas yesterday morning- we went through a wind tunnel as we were trying to land for tossed a bit and had to go back up and circle and wait for the wins shears and tunnels to pass and the thunderstorm to roll out... Crazy whether yesterday. Hope all are well.
OMG that is like my NIGHTMARE flight. I was in Minneapolis the day Joplin happened last May, and we were in the air to STL for an additional hour because we had to fly around it. Lets just say from the TOP....I can see how it did the damage on the ground. It was CREEPY.

We did have some nutty storms yesterday, and thankfully my car was not filled with hail or rain overnight because my dumb a$$ left my sunroof open on Thursday night!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1330799913|3139988 said:
Yup. We got lucky this time. Last spring was worse in my area of southern Indiana (for us) and I hope this current trend does not continue.
Yea I second that hope. Our airport, as I am sure Amy noticed, is STILL destroyed from ours last year, and Joplin is still trying to rebuild. I have a feeling itll be another rough season.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
In Southwest part of Indy. We were lucky here, no damage. Though I now want to move back to CA. My prayers go out to everyone who has been affected. We were here last spring too. Very scary. I'm still a bundle of nerves.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Amys bling, wow that must have been scary. I don't fly, and I don't think I ever will.

Ame, oh my god! I think I would have had a heart attack.

At least this time when we got the warning, I ran to the basement. Usually I would have just froze. :rolleyes:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gothgrrl|1330833300|3140298 said:
Amys bling, wow that must have been scary. I don't fly, and I don't think I ever will.

Ame, oh my god! I think I would have had a heart attack.

At least this time when we got the warning, I ran to the basement. Usually I would have just froze. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, Gothgrrl. I know the move to the area has been less than easy for you...I'm glad to hear you have a basement/accessible shelter to go when weather threatens. That isn't always the case for a lot of tornado victims and that's a huge reason for fatalities. Best thing to do is arm yourself with knowledge and survival supplies like a weather radio, flashlight, bottled water, etc. and pay attention to your animals (I think you have some adorable canines, right?) If they're freaking out it's time for you to freak out! Pets' behavior can be the most obvious clue sometimes, so even someone who is hearing or sight impaired can base their survival behavior on their furry friend. I knew it was time to pay attention to the weather two days ago when Daisy (my beagle) dove under the bed. She's always right, unlike the meteorologists. Growing up with livestock on a small farm taught me the value of learning from animal instincts as well.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch64, Having been here almost a year, i do like it for the most part. Much more laid back and friendly. Anyhow, I had my dogs with me in the basement. I had my NOAA radio on as well as the weather channel on tv. Funny thing is they weren't scared or acted strange before the storm. I knew we were in for some bad weather as I watch TWC a lot. First things I did was put together all the essentials needed, in case of this. And I told my husband any place we're at MUST have a basement. And is that your baby in your avatar? She's really cute! Thank you for the kind words and advice. :wavey:

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
I'm in SW Ohio. We had tornado watches and there were warnings to the north and south of where I am, but I don't think any tornados actually touched down anywhere close at all. In fact the heavier part of the storm mysteriously missed my area completely and it got sunny! Anyway, it is a bit early in the season but this weather isn't unusual around here.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you all were ok (overall!). Very scary stuff watching the news.

We had wicked winds gusting up to 90km/h here in Ontario - across the south thru to eastern Ontario. The sound of the winds howling was bad enough here, can't imagine how scary it is to listen to tornado like winds.... :shock:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So scary! My heart goes out to all those who had to endure these storms. How awful for all those families who lost loved ones. :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results