shape
carat
color
clarity

Incredible survivor.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Here is an article I came across today that some here may be interested in. It is about the last surviving food taster for Hitler.
The story is pretty horrific.

Every meal could have been her last. And when she had finished eating the bland vegetarian dishes put before her, 25-year-old Margot Wölk and her young female colleagues would burst into tears and “cry like dogs” because they were grateful still to be alive.
... She was the only one to survive. All her colleagues were rounded up and shot by the advancing Red Army in January 1945. Now a frail 96-year-old widow, Margot Wölk has overcome feelings of shame and broken decades of silence about her time as Hitler’s food taster to tell her story to German television.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/hitlers-food-taster-reveals-the-horrors-of-the-wolfs-lair-9738880.html

_22506.jpg

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what a heart breaking story :( No one should have to endure such horror. It's just so hard to even imagine, hugs to her.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heartbreaking what that poor woman went through but amazing she survived.

It's so sad that she and her dh weren't able to make their marriage work after the war after all they had been through and that she couldn't have children. My heart broke for her when I read her thoughts about when she hit 50 she if she had a daughter she would have been 25 by now. :blackeye:

I hope she found peace and contentment in her life somehow even after experiencing the horror she went through.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results