shape
carat
color
clarity

in your opinion...where is the best place to live in the U.S.?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Hawaii!

(If all goes well, my husband and I will own our retirement home there by the end of this week.)

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
Suburban Philadelphia. Not too many hurricanes or twisters. The ground doesn''t shake. I like to watch the seasons change. Ample water supply.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 8:43:51 AM
Author: Basset Hound
Not too many hurricanes or twisters. The ground doesn''t shake. I like to watch the seasons change.
I agree with this, although I''ve never been to Philly. Any place that doesn''t have any major weather issues like hurriances, tornados, and earthquakes or anything similar

Adding to that, the best place to live would have Fall with temps no lower than 50, Spring, and Summer with temps no higher than 80 and NO HUMIDITY!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
There is a great little town over the pass from Boulder in a lush Valley.. named Nederland Colorado. This is my favorite place.. *sigh*

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 8:51:59 AM
Author: Caribou

Date: 4/12/2006 8:43:51 AM
Not too many hurricanes or twisters. The ground doesn''t shake. I like to watch the seasons change.
I agree with this, although I''ve never been to Philly. Any place that doesn''t have any major weather issues like hurriances, tornados, and earthquakes or anything similar

Adding to that, the best place to live would have Fall with temps no lower than 50, Spring, and Summer with temps no higher than 80 and NO HUMIDITY!
You have a very valid point there. I like about 55 degrees. But humidity can be a real pain in the rump. I have been to Hawaii and that was really nice, I would not mind moving there. I also have thought about southern New Mexico. But since I had several opportunities to move out of the Phila area, I hung around, so I must like it here.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First choice: 61st & 5th Ave., NYC

2nd choice: Suburban Philadelphia (because it''s not that far from NYC).

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
New York City--the best city in the world!

Followed closely by San Francisco...

Once we get outside the US, the possibilites are endless!!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Charleston, SC
10.gif

Okay, so I''m biased but my city is really great. Gorgeous scenery, great beaches, really friendly people, it really has a little of everything. And if you like warm weather, that''s a definite plus here. And even though we''re on the East Coast, hurricanes really aren''t a problem. We''ve only been hit by one is last 20 years that caused any real damage.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Los Angeles! I love it here. I grew up in Calabasas, which is absolutely gorgeous. 30 minutes to the city, and I was able to have horses and rolling hills.

Second, is San Francisco - I loved living there! It''s a gorgeous city. it''s another place where you have everything at your finger tips.

But, I am biased. I am a total city girl.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe California or Hawaii !!!

i always say ''who would ever want to live anywhere else?!'' ... i''m obviously biased since i was born and raised here. hehee.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2006 8:51:59 AM
Author: Caribou

you''re talking about San Diego,Ca
10.gif
30.gif
but, i can''t afford to live there.

where''s SDL? maybe i can move in to her place.
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got to agree with Basset Hound, suburban Philadelphia. Close to NYC and DC. I have to have the 4 seasons. But could do without the humidity in the summer. It''s awful!!
3.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I want to live in San Francisco, and it''s a definite possibility once I finish school. I also dream of living in the Northeast, but I doubt my FI and I (native Texans) could handle that much cold.

Another place I dream of living is in the hills of Wyoming (breathtakingly gorgeous) but there''s not a whole lot out there.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 2:02:01 PM
Author: EBree
I want to live in San Francisco, and it''s a definite possibility once I finish school. I also dream of living in the Northeast, but I doubt my FI and I (native Texans) could handle that much cold.

Another place I dream of living is in the hills of Wyoming (breathtakingly gorgeous) but there''s not a whole lot out there.
I love Wyoming, have you ever been to Jackson Hole?? It''s gorgeous!!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
If I had my choice, and money wasn't an option, I'd probably pick San Diego, CA. La Jolla? I live in NYC and am over the winters. I don't need or want all 4 seasons.

FI and I are moving to TX in a month b/c the cost of living is a lot less and his company made him a good offer. I'm not jumping for joy but I'll be happy to leave NYC life. I'm just over it. Plus, I hate winter.
14.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 2:06:31 PM
Author: kaleigh
Date: 4/12/2006 2:02:01 PM

Author: EBree

I love Wyoming, have you ever been to Jackson Hole?? It''s gorgeous!!

I love, love LOVE Jackson Hole. I''d live there in a second, but my FI, an aspiring TV writer, wouldn''t have much work out there.
39.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Why the sunny southwest of course! Where I live we have no natural weather disasters, no humidity, and four seasons but none are too severe.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I love where I grew up (and currently live a few block away from), Culver City, CA. Near Marina Del Rey and Los Angeles (seriously, a block West from my house and it is L.A.), but suburbish enough to know almost everyone I grew up with. Great So. Cal weather, too!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
South Orange County at the beach or San Diego beaches. IMO it just can''t be beat...The weather is great almost all of the time and it''s there''s so much to do in So Cal.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Boulder Co. It has a small, college town feel, civilized yet comfy. It has beautiful mountains and it''s just generally a pretty town. Boulder is also very people/dog friendly, and I''d love to live somewhere with bike paths going everywhere. It has strong enough seasons to make you appreciate each one with out being horribly cold in the winter or too hot and humid in the summer. Plus it''s very close to a lovely, vibrant city with plenty of stuff to do! If only Southwest flew to Denver, it''d be perfect!

second runner-up is portland. Beautiful city that''s easy (for a city) to move around in. Good public transport, lots of sushi, beautiful gardens, reasonable drive to the coast, plenty of things to do, and it has beautiful weather in the summer and fall and spring.... now if only it wouldn''t rain quite so much in the winter.
2.gif

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
I live in Colorado just outside of Denver and I love it here.

The weather is pretty mild most of the time, a random bad snow storm every 4 or 5 years, but its usually nice and sunny the next day to melt it all away
3.gif
I also like having all 4 seasons, its never cold. or hot long enough that you start to go crazy. I''m a mountain girl and can''t imagine being with out them. And the little hills some people call mountains just don''t compare to the Rockys! Denver is big enough to have all the culture you could want without having a lot of the problems of really large urban areas.

2nd choice, Northern CA or Southern Oregon
3rd, probably PA area or there abouts.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Xchick03 stole my thunder. Charleston S.C. is a great place. I''m right across the cooper river in Mt Pleasant. I think one of the things I like most is the seafood. (fresh caught the day it is cooked) Heck in the fall we can catch our own shrimp. Up to a 48 qt. cooler a day. Shrimp and grits are hard to beat.

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 6:18:47 PM
Author: colormyworld
Xchick03 stole my thunder. Charleston S.C. is a great place. I''m right across the cooper river in Mt Pleasant. I think one of the things I like most is the seafood. (fresh caught the day it is cooked) Heck in the fall we can catch our own shrimp. Up to a 48 qt. cooler a day. Shrimp and grits are hard to beat.
what is a grit?

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, Basset Hound.
Grits are degerminated corn. (mostly white corn) I am pretty sure it is much like polenta (check spelling)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
we live in ghetto town U.S.A.no high end jewelry store
38.gif
i love to look at nice mechanical watches and nobody in town carries any.
39.gif
you can''t buy a name brand hand bag here.no LV,Chanel,Hermes,etc.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 6:21:39 PM
Date: 4/12/2006 6:18:47 PM

Author: colormyworld

what is a grit?

quakergrits.com

i don''t think i''ve found the best place yet. i love a lot about where i live now expect for hurricanes! i am in louisiana. the food is fabulous, people are friendly, music is awesome and the culture is absolutely unique!

kbaker

Shiny_Rock
Southern California...by far. I have lived in five states and can honestly say that no where compares to our life here. Weather is amazing, property values strong (if you own), organized master communities, great diversity, well educated folks, and endless things to do. It rocks here, and there is strong evidence for that based on the millions of people that live here with me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results