shape
carat
color
clarity

iLander, I Can't Believe I'm Asking!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've lost my favorite pair of earrings. They are 18k rose gold and diamond pave with white/pink blush baroque south sea pearls. I used to wear them all the time, until as a precaution, I hid them in a "safe" place for some reason. I hope and believe they are still in the little box somewhere in my room. I'm on my way out to dinner and wanted to wear them. I just looked everywhere for them, but no... :errrr:

I did, unfortunately, find fresh signs of mice in my closet :nono:

Can you help, iLander? Can you see them anywhere?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, goodness! I hate that SO much! I recently lost my Kindle but could remember the last time I had it was when I stopped in a children's consignment store. I did buy something and I knew I put my things down on the counter when I paid. But it took me a week to decide it wasn't at my house and remember where I had last had it. I called and no one knew about it, but I left my name and number. Sure enough, a week later someone called and said she had been on vacation the last week but had found it and put it in a safe place so that it wouldn't disappear! I hope your story has an equally happy ending! Your earrings sound gorgeous!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you both, you've very sweet to chime in. I do this nutty "safekeeping" thing all the time - and then don't remember where. Sometimes I worry its early onset dementia!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Minou, that is distressing. I'm sure iLander will see this & put her special radar to work. I suppose you've already put yourself back in time to when you made them "safe" & gone through your motions again. Sometimes that works for me, sometimes it doesn't. You might keep an eye out for mice wearing earrings. :razz:

They sound so pretty -- finding-jewelry dust coming your way!

--- Laurie

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Minou--

I spend some time over on the pearl forum-- do you ever stop by? Although that adds a whole other avenue of enabling and temptation!

Any luck finding them? I lost my keys to the car of couple weeks ago-- could not find them anywhere. I ended in the garbage can and recycling cans in my alley, with no luck and can I add, gross :sick: They popped up on my kitchen counter-- I think they had slid under my slow cooker that I pulled out because of the slow cooker thread!!

Dust to you!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1353149600|3308587 said:
Oh, Minou, that is distressing. I'm sure iLander will see this & put her special radar to work. I suppose you've already put yourself back in time to when you made them "safe" & gone through your motions again. Sometimes that works for me, sometimes it doesn't. You might keep an eye out for mice wearing earrings. :razz:

They sound so pretty -- finding-jewelry dust coming your way!

--- Laurie

You see, that's my problem - I have a vague recollection of hiding them but that's it. I wish I could remember the motions to go through them again!

Erin: Thanks. Yeah, that's it, blame it all on PS! Sheesh! :bigsmile: No, I haven't found them yet. My dinner went pretty late last night and I'm just motivating now - have to have my morning coffee, dontchaknow! Anyway, will start ripping apart my drawers and the closet in a little while. My problem is that I have probably about 100 little earring boxes in various locations because of the gems I've bought, and the fact that I used to make and sell jewelry. Probably to be clever, I put it in one of those and will never find it again!

iLander, please tell me you still feel them around? TIA :wavey:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minoux, you have my sympathies! I have the very same infliction as you, hiding things in 'safe' places. In fact, I've been looking for my diamond bezel necklace since January! I remember wanting to hide it, looking for the 'right' spot, but for the life of me, cannot remember just where I put it, and believe me, I've looked. So, I'm sending you my very bestest finding vibes, maybe when you find your earrings, they will bounce back to me! ;-) (and when you find them, if you would please tell us where, maybe that is what will trigger my own faulty memory...)

Good luck: find the earrings, they are in the/on the/behind the...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Kaekae, exactly right. But now I'm really starting to worry as I just tore my closet apart and then went through every jacket/sweater/coat pocket thinking I may have cleverly put them in one. Nada.

iLander, can you do a twofer and help Kaekae out too, or is that too confusing for you?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sure you've gone thru all the obvious places, and I too am someone who puts things away "SAFELY" and then promptly forgets about them, so I can empathize with what you are going thru!

My iLander request resulted in me finding rings I had put away safely... HA! "safely"! ... but she helped lead me to them. What I had done is put them in the typical velvet ring boxes, but then wrapped it up in a bag and then put them in a drawer with my quilt fabrics. So --- is there a hobby you do that could be related to diamonds/colour/sparkle/clothing?? Do you store purses anywhere - would you have put it inside of a purse? Underwear drawer? between mattress/box spring (I once put something I was trying to flatten between the mattress/box spring... and found it when we got a new bed!! Ya - it was flat by then! :lol: )

Any empty decorative jars/containers in your home you might have plopped them into? Behind books in a book case??

I don't have any of iLander's skills, I'm just throwing out places that I've put stuff and forgotten about! I hope minous and KaeKae each find your items!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
ithink they're in one of those embroidered silk envelope pouch things, with a zipper, or some other sort of closed etui.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1353212949|3309176 said:
ithink they're in one of those embroidered silk envelope pouch things, with a zipper, or some other sort of closed etui.

You have it too, VL?!! I didn't know, but your thought sounds plausible. Hmm. Continue to go through book shelves, dresser drawers, etc. :roll: What was I thinking? :nono:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi Minoux! :wavey:

Sorry, I was away from my computer for most of yesterday, until very late.

I have the feeling they are very high up. Like you stretched your arms up, to put them somewhere. After that, I really don't feel much else . . .

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! That helps, definitely. So you do feel that they're still around and not gone?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Since you asked that, I poked around in my head, and I feel like they are there but not for long. Can it be a temporary place?

Hmmm. . .

Like they are in a place like this: either you are leaving the place, or the place is leaving you? Are you traveling soon? Are you getting rid of things? It is not a permanent thing, it's like time is running out.

Sorry I can't make more sense of just a feeling . . .

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Minous, I hope you find them soon! What about shoes, do you ever hide away stuff inside of shoes that are stored for the season? Good luck!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After going through the trash, sifting through the vacuum bag, looking up high on every shelf (because iLander, that is exactly the kind of thing I typically do), emptying every one of the jewelry boxes I have, looking in every shoe, pocket, etc. I found them.

Where, you ask? In the top drawer of my chest of drawers - why look in the obvious places first when you can spend hours tearing apart the bedroom, and, for that matter, every closet in the house?!! :rolleyes: :roll: :rolleyes:

Thank you VL, Diamondseeker, Erini, Gemfever, Kaekae, Jewelfreak, Enerchi, and, most importantly iLander! :wavey:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
You better put them in a safe place!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1353284396|3309715 said:
You better put them in a safe place!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So glad you found them! Gotta love a story like this with a happy ending. :praise:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WhoooHooo! What a relief!

This week, I will be going over all the suggestions, so thank you for the ideas. I especially am going to be paying attention to places up high, like my books in the closet. I'm getting a feeling...

minoux, do you have a picture of this earrings, they sound so pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results