shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were to go "belly up" tomorrow ...

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My 2 girls are only minimally interested in my jewelry at this time (older one wanted a itty-bitty 5-stone band last year, which I got her, and I could not get either one of them to wear diamond earrings, no matter how dainty) but I am so hoping that would change (they are 20 and 15 now).

I have told them both (hubby too) that my jewelry needs to be appraised and based on that, have "points" be assigned to each piece. They can then divvy up the loot using said point system. I feel this would best ensure fairness and more importantly, ensure they get the pieces they would wear!

But the first commandment is this: THOU SHALL NOT GIFT MY JEWELS TO THY (possibly) 19-YO SECOND WIFE. :shock:

Or I shall visit him from the grave every night. And he knows me enough to know that I will find a way to stand by the foot of his bed every night too! :twisted: :twisted:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="HeartingDiamonds|

But the first commandment is this: THOU SHALL NOT GIFT MY JEWELS TO THY (possibly) 19-YO SECOND WIFE. :shock:

Or I shall visit him from the grave every night. And he knows me enough to know that I will find a way to stand by the foot of his bed every night too! :twisted: :twisted:[/quote]

2 is company and 3 is a crowd... :wink2:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire|1396935950|3649544 said:
what will he do with your jewelry collection? sell it? save it for #2?

What jewelry collection? Have I ever posted any pictures? I made it all up just to have something to talk about on the Innernet. It's vaporware. I own only a $15 cz ring bought at Target. :bigsmile:

eta: Oh, you meant dead, not financially insolvent? Sry, I got confused, there. :lol: But that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Actually, I would not mind my jewelry being given to a second wife. I know him pretty well and I can trust him to choose someone good, if he does marry again. There are something I would like my mother, sister and cousins to have but I don't much care what will happen to the rest, as long as the family is safe and cared for.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Dancing Fire|1397195181|3651628 said:
[quote="HeartingDiamonds|

Or I shall visit him from the grave every night. And he knows me enough to know that I will find a way to stand by the foot of his bed every night too! :twisted: :twisted:

2 is company and 3 is a crowd... :wink2:[/quote]

True dis DF! :lol: :lol:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Re: If you were to go "belly up" tomorrow ...

For the first two years, I would have him wear my rings around his neck and my earrings on his ears. And when women make advances at him, they will notice that he will wearing his dead wife's jewelry and back the hell off :)

That is all.

Or that might backfire on me and make women want him more because he is a grieving widow... Women are shady. Haha!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine will all go to two daughters and any granddaughters (I have two so far, one born this week!!! :appl: ). None of them are old enough to wear my jewelry yet, but I hope I live long enough that they will enjoy it when the time comes! I really think that each piece I buy is a future heirloom, so quality is very important to me.

I really have the mind of ForteKitty wanting to have a thorough inventory, but I just haven't done it yet. I have thought about even giving instructions on where rings should be sent to be resized as no one locally could resize Beaudry rings! I just have to have some young jewelers who might still be working when I am 80! lol!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Mine will be split between my 4 nieces, and my sister (if she is still alive when I die).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: If you were to go "belly up" tomorrow ...

Hopefully my sisters, nieces and nieces in laws will take the nice pieces. Or DH can put them on Ebay and buy himself a nice watch.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results