shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were spending the day in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
where would you visit to look at settings?

I am definately going to look at Facets...is there anywhere else I definately need to go?
ETA: I am making a seperate trip to LI to visit GOG. Thanks to a certain super spiffy PSer!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Have fun at GOG, you should make an appointment with Johnathon so he can spend plenty of time with you. I would love to get out there sometime. As far as looking for settings you can always do the diamond district to get ideas, but don''t buy there. Facets has nice rings and have just added a lot more settings to their websight. Have fun!!!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I always like Tiffany''s and Harry Winstons... but beware of snootiness factor.

There''s also a place called Lockes Diamonds in the Time Warner Building (59th Street and Columbus). It''s one of those places where you have to sit and they show you stuff, but they have lots of stuff and were super duper nice to me. However, I think they might be closed on Saturdays (at least they were when I took a trip there last by myself)!

Fred Leighton on 60something and Madison also has some interesting antique-y ones... although I''ve only window shopped, so I don''t know if they''re nice or not.

Asprey on 5th and 56th (I think) had some pretty things there when I went last (but that was in December).

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Hi -

Usually the best place to "LOOK" at settings is at Michael C Fina. They apparently have TONS and TONS of options with all the name brands too. I say "look" as I really haven''t heard raves about purchasing from there.

Also - if you are just browsing.. 47th street (closer to park..) and walk down - there are tons of places that you could get ideas from - again. .. buying could be a different story.

If you do visit GOG - they have a nice new setting display. They carry precision set - Richard Landi.. Stuller - and a few others. I was just there last week. I will say - it was nice to see the precision set settings in person - as they normally are priced well - and look good on the site. However -his setting selection is not too expansive - and if it''s just setting you are after - maybe staying in NYC is a better idea. If it''s stones too -- MOST DEFINATELY get there.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I have heard great things about Lockes, that''s a must. Tiff''s is fun. I went to Harry Winston''s 2 weeks ago and was treated very nicely. I got to try on a bunch of stuff. I''d skip the debeers store, that was a dissapointment. What about Graffs???

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would set up an appointment with Leon Mege in addition to visiting Graff, Tiffany, Kentshire, Van Cleef, Harry & Cartier. Re Graff: If you don't have time to visit their main location, they have a cozy corner in Saks.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I have found the people at Cartier [on 5th], Bulgari and VanCleef to be wonderful. HW was fine too. Tiffany had the usual stuff. VanCleef has some INCREDIBLE settings - magnificent, unusual work. However, be prepared to sketch them upon leaving the store - I did not, my mistake, and I have been unable to find the ones I looked at anywhere on the net so I''ll have to bo back to look again! [and, don''t have a heart attack: they price in Euros!]

Have fun!!

Blu

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot about Leon, that''s a great idea MB!!!! Make sure you get an appointment though. I know MMM loves Mark at engagement rings direct.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I second trying to get an appt. w/ Leon, Mark, Michael C. Fina. Also, I enjoyed browsing at Fortunoff--I went to see some Ritani settings there and they were very helpful.

(And, if just for pure eye candy (I don''t recall, Matatora, if you''re as crazy for vintage/deco stuff as I am?) my favorite is Roslyn on Columbus @ 73rd. My favorite neighborhood in the whole city (a block from my old place!!), amazing pave/estate/OMC/asscher/halo-type eye candy, and right next store to this darling tea shop called Alice''s Tea Cup where you can get high tea...scones and sandwiches and tea, oh my!!)

Have fun
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora, I know you already mentioned Signed Pieces, but just wanted to let you know that Jerry (who works the counter) is VERY nice. He''s not pushy and super helpful. You love SP.

Micheal C. Fina is a good place to check out. People there are nice too.

Jewelers on Fifth has booths. I wasn''t impressed with that place. Very pushy and not very nice at all. I went by myself, so of course, no one could be bothered with me.
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes Jerry at SP is a doll. I bought my eternity band from him. He''s a sweetie.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results