shape
carat
color
clarity

if you were getting a divorce tomorrow ...

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. But maybe one of my daughter's would take me in. :tongue: It's not something I'm planning for after 30 years and knowing my husband and myself very well. We are extremely easygoing people. However, maybe more to your point, I make sure that my daughters will definitely be able to support themselves if/when they need to. They are going into stable careers that they love. We pushed education on them, but allowed them to choose their own paths. We've given financial advice, which one takes and the other does not. :nono: We've discussed all these kind of issues with them so they will make plans for themselves.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, I'd be just fine. Financially I can support myself and the kids on just my salary if needed. DH and I currently do not share finances so assuming an amicable parting, no untangling there. The biggest financial downside would be that we'd no longer have the benefit of splitting our living expenses.

We'd have to sell the house though, we're in a fancy neighborhood and neither of us could afford the mortgage on our own. But I could easily downsize to a less fancy location and live comfortably.

Anne

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
As others have said you really wouldn't have much of a choice. In my case I would miss him terribly and it would be hard considering I have fibromyalgia, so I have been a stay at home mom for most of the last 18 years. But I would be in trouble because I am spoiled because he does everything: cooks, cleans, does laundry, baths the baby, gets groceries. Damn, I don't know now. OMG!! But I would still have to survive because of my little guy. So I could make it. I honestly could work anywhere but the food industry, if my body will let me. I'd work two jobs to survive. I really don't want to go on disability and haven't for 18 years and never intend to. I may have to get some help from family for a bit because I'm not good at cleaning and organization, he is. But washing would be my first hurdle because somehow I managed to burn clothes in the washer. Don't ask me how but I did and have been barred from the laundry room ever since!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
My parents sent me to college so I wouldn't have to depend on a man to eat.
And since I've been divorced twice, I think I could manage.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
No . . .

I think I would be too (heart)broken. :(sad

I've got 30 years into this thing, it better last. :cry:

Also, I am younger than DH, and I have made it clear to him that I am the trophy wife. :bigsmile:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, did anyone get a divorce today? Did you survive? :lol:

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1364266380|3413450 said:

I dunno. DH is still at work but there are a few hours left in the day ;-)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonnyjane|1364267849|3413471 said:

Please keep us posted!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1364268347|3413478 said:
sonnyjane|1364267849|3413471 said:

Please keep us posted!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results