shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were a guy...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Say the roles were reversed...

What kind of diamond would you buy/could you afford to buy your S.O.?

If I were the man, I would probably buy a 1.5-2 carat F SI RB solitaire with the option of upgrading later.

If we were the guys, I don''t think we''d be buying the huge rocks they get us. LOL.
Why is that?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2006 6:47:30 PM
Author:Julian

If I were the man, I would probably buy a 1.5-2 carat F SI RB solitaire with the option of upgrading later.

If we were the guys, I don''t think we''d be buying the huge rocks they get us. LOL.
Why is that?
Julian
so....what did you buy for your guy?
20.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
If I were a guy and money was not object, then I will get my S.O 2.0ct F VVS solitaire. That's a good starting point. Hahaha.

What I can afford is a whole another story. Since I just recently got my first full time job, the 2.0ct will have to wait. I can't even afford a 1.0ct.
40.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am kind of doing a role reversal, but not for my man. I am buying my mom a one carat cushion (she loved the pic she saw of mine, as I don''t have it yet). I am buying it for her as a show of appreciation for all her sacrifice in raising me. She is an amazing woman. So it''s not a proposal, but a "ma-prosal" as I''m calling it.
1.gif
She''s never had anything nice like a diamond, and while I''ve bought her lots of jewelry, I have not yet gotten her the diamond, and I think my engagement is the perfect time to give it to her.

Man, I don''t know how guys do it..I am SO excited about this! I was initially going to present it to her the eve of my wedding, but there is no way I am going to be able to wait 5 months. Even if I had the extra money, I probably wouldn''t buy anything too huge...I think one carat is a lovely size.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 7:37:52 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 4/27/2006 6:47:30 PM
Author:Julian

If we were the guys, I don't think we'd be buying the huge rocks they get us. LOL.
Why is that?
Julian
so....what did you buy for your guy?
20.gif
Whoa, sorry I wasn't clearer. I meant that's all I could afford without going into debt -- not that it was what I would buy him because I was being stingy or anything.
And I bought him a very nice watch.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, lets see. I am a stay at home mom now, but if I was the man, I would not have had the babies and I would not have quit my job and I had a very good professional job.

I would say I would buy him a 1.5 ct, F or G color, VS1 or VS2, round ideal cut set in a tiffany style (but not paying their prices!) platinum setting with a single baguette on each side :)

Thats my favorate setting for round stones. 1.5 I think is a really really nice size, big but not so big to be flashy.

Travelinggal, that has got to be the sweetest thing I have heard in a long time. I hope my daughters grow up to be just like you :) And you know, its not even the diamond I think is the best part of what you are doing, its the sentiment behind it. I can guarantee she will treasure it. And just think about how much fun she will have showing her friends and bragging about WHO gave it to her!!!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would really depend on how much he liked diamonds. I''d be willing to stretch myself further if he really loved them...

but ballpark I''d say between 1 - 1/2 cts...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I would get her the best diamond I can afford- probably 1.5-2 cts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results