shape
carat
color
clarity

If you use a watch winder...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I have three watches and rotate them periodically out of my safe deposit box. I know it is not good practice to allow automatic watches to run down, but for peace of mind I have always kept them in the bank.
If you have a watch winder, do you feel they are helping you avoid so many services on your watches? I feel I have spent more than average on service charges over the years.

What brand of winder do you have? The price seems to vary greatly.

Most importantly to me, don''t you worry about the security of your watches if you keep them in a winder inside your home?

Thanks in advance!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 12:29:28 PM
Author:Pink Tower
I have three watches and rotate them periodically out of my safe deposit box. I know it is not good practice to allow automatic watches to run down, but for peace of mind I have always kept them in the bank.
If you have a watch winder, do you feel they are helping you avoid so many services on your watches? I feel I have spent more than average on service charges over the years.

Most importantly to me, don''t you worry about the security of your watches if you keep them in a winder inside your home?

Thanks in advance!
it is a good practice to use a watch winder because it keeps the lubricants from thickening up.It will help you to avoid servicing the watch for a longer period of time in some cases.There are many quality brands and the are a few watch sites like www.watchuseek.com or www.timezone.com where watch collectors love to talk about the watch winders they own.There is always a risk to storing watches in your home,but keeping your watches in a bank safe more then 6 monthes at a time is not recommended because the cold temps are bad on the lubricants over time(same goes for storing pearls,turquiose,opals,amber ,emeralds).I recommend a wall safe in your home over a floor safe for temp control and they are easier to get at.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I gave DH a very nice Automatic watch as his wedding present and I think he got a Brookstone winder for Christmas. If he wore it everyday it wouldn't be a problem, but since he works around machines, he only wears it at night and on weekends, and it would die almost every other day. It works fine and everytime I have looked, the hands are still moving.

ETA: It was this one, but in the single version:
Brookstone Watch Winder

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Most importantly to me, don't you worry about the security of your watches if you keep them in a winder inside your home?

Thanks in advance!
mine is a Orbita triple head winder in maple wood,fully programmable for Turns Per Day (TPD), rotation direction and automatic reversing.it can run on ac/dc.

http://www.orbita.net/NEW/Home.htm

azax.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pix #2

koi 074.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks in advance!
buy a heavy home safe?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results