shape
carat
color
clarity

If you could have any ring but had to promise..

Would you get the dream jewelery at the expense of all future purchases?

• Heck Yes! A one time shot with an unlimited budget is totally worth it!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, jewelery and gems are a hobby I love! I couldn''t give it up..

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...never to buy or receive any gemstone or jewelery again, would you do it?

I''m just curious. If hypothetically you could have (or make) your dream piece of jewelery no matter what the cost, but in return you could never buy (or receive as gift) another gemstone or piece of jewelery again for the rest of your life, would you go for it?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As tempted as I would be, I don''t know if I could do it. While I would have so much fun creating the ultimate dream ring with an unlimited budget, I live for new projects to look forward to!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
not a hobby for me!Its my lifestyle of choice
9.gif
If I had my dream piece now then what do i have to look foward to in my old age?
33.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
You bet I would.
A 5-7 carat EC - I think that would be enough for the rest of my life.

heck, just think with a nice stone like that, I could get away with wearing CZ''s - nobody woud be looking at those, tee hee.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Maybe it''s because I don''t have any "ultimate" in mind, but this wouldn''t even seem like a good idea to me. I can''t imagine not being able to buy gemstones, provided I have the means to do so. They''re so addictive! No one ring, no matter how outrageous, could give me that satisfaction.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope couldn''t do that. There is always something else I want, so have to be honest and say pass.... Although right now, there is nothing that I want...I must be coming down with something!!!
37.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I am always looking forward to my next project. Even if I could put the most stunning ring, necklace or whatever together I would feel like I was missing out on something else.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I voted for "HECK YES!"

This pumpkin colored diamond. In 7 cts. There are no words.

I'm allowed to change the setting now and then right?
31.gif

big_pumpkin.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
no way!!!!!

ndpwood

Rough_Rock
No way!!! Well . . . I already have my dream stone, so I can''t imagine going for anything different. And I really hope that my stone stays in the family for years to come. But that said, the researching of the dream stone (thanks to you PSer''s) has caused me to have a much more evolved interest in jewelry. My poor husband!!!

Great post!!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
I'd totally go for the dream proposition
3.gif
Getting to the end of the quest for my own definition of perfection has been a relief to me lately (with the VC 1007 ring) -- though I don't discount the possibility of suddenly suffering from a taste sea-change. I'd see that as an inconvenience though. Maybe it's only possible to think like this when you wander around for years looking for something you imagined but couldn't find
1.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I could do that happily. I have collected a fair few pieces, so I already have a ''staple'' diamond wardrobe. Um, I get to keep those, do I?

Would I still love my 1.19ct EC studs and my 1ct EC ering if I had a 10ct EC rhr though? Hmmm. Maybe I need to think on this a bit more.
9.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No way, Jose! I derive as much pleasure from planning and seeking as I do from simply wearing. One thing, no matter how wonderful, would not be enough to satisfy me for the rest of my life.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted ''Yes" because I already have practically everything I want. I would forego any future goodies for a 10++ carat Marquise (with tapered baguettes, of course).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An absolute yes for me; I’ll get the largest best coloured diamond ever (maybe a red or blue or even the pumpkin that PR posted). I’ll be so happy that I don’t need anymore. After all, I only have 10 fingers, 2 ears and one neck. I can keep all my existing jewellery, right?
11.gif
9.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Nope...cuz then the SO would be completely lost on Christmas and Anniversary presents!
20.gif

In actuality, my tastes change so frequently that I''m not sure my "dream ring" today would be my "dream ring" for the rest of my life...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, yes you get to keep all your existing jewelery and gems, but can''t set any of the unset ones
3.gif
(I''m looking at you Chrono!)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2009 9:52:57 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Haha, yes you get to keep all your existing jewelery and gems, but can''t set any of the unset ones
3.gif
(I''m looking at you Chrono!)
In that case, I''d better get all my loose gemstones set first.
11.gif
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
to me the ultimate ring with the unlimited budget wouldn''t be something practical to wear daily - I would rather have a reasonable ring and have the flexibility to create a collection that matched my life.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not a chance! Nope, no way, no how.

I''m too fickle to ever make such an *important* decision.
11.gif

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Yes. As long as I was allowed to get an exact replacement in case I every lost it, dropped it down the loo, etc.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I voted no. Although it would be nice to build the most incredible piece I know that soon I would want something else. My hubby complains that I am never satisfied. I tell him that it is human nature to always want something else. Otherwise we would all still be content with the tricycle we got when we were 3.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2009 1:54:27 PM
Author: radiantquest
I tell him that it is human nature to always want something else. .

Funny that the same argument doesn't seem to apply to spouses
3.gif
I think that's one of few instances where we are expected to always want the same thing for the rest of our lives, lol.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
I couldn''t. While I don''t have a huge jewelry budget, I do like the idea of having small pieces to mark certain occasions. And if that means a smaller budget but a "push present" for when the time for making babies comes along, so be it
31.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t voted yet as I''m still procrastinating.....
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
No way. I''m just not into big enough stones to fully appreciate an unlimited budget. Plus, I love stud earrings and I''d actually probably be happier with bigger studs and a small diamond eng. ring.
2.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2009 5:30:11 PM
Author: MC
No way. I''m just not into big enough stones to fully appreciate an unlimited budget. Plus, I love stud earrings and I''d actually probably be happier with bigger studs and a small diamond eng. ring.
2.gif

It doesn''t have to be a ring, it can be any piece of jewelery. So it could be studs. Would that change your answer?
2.gif

And it doesn''t have to be big to be expensive! Colored diamonds are
22.gif
22.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/3/2009 5:05:29 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 12/3/2009 1:54:27 PM
Author: radiantquest
I tell him that it is human nature to always want something else. .

Funny that the same argument doesn''t seem to apply to spouses
3.gif
I think that''s one of few instances where we are expected to always want the same thing for the rest of our lives, lol.
Not really - just to put up with him or her for the rest of our lives
3.gif

As for the poll, I vote no. My wish list is way too long.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted "Yes". I would have to live vicariously through other pricescope members (thats exactly what I do now) but
I would have this gorgeous humongous ring on my finger! I think I could learn to be happy
9.gif
!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results