shape
carat
color
clarity

IDOL - Top Three!!!! 5/16/06

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m just BESIDE myself with anticipation! And hopped up on PMS hormones. So WATCH OUT, Grey-haters!!!
9.gif

p.s. - TAYLOR HICKS for Sheriff!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m excited too. A great week of TV watching for me to look forward too. Can''t wait for idol tomorrow
36.gif

Starset

Shiny_Rock
I am begging the work gods to let me out on time this week.

I have the site where I can listen to past performances but not watch them.
Katherine''s performance last week sounded okay - but when I caught a glimpse of it on the AI recap of the results show - she looked crazed! It''s pretty interesting hearing the performance without the visual. It''s a huge influence!

I''m excited, too. Oh, and I''m not a grey-hater, I''m part of the Yamin-Machine!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m looking forward, too...but good gods almighty how do you tivo-less people sit through those awful AI cast commericals? We always boop through them but saw that last one and wanted to hurl.

It is painful and embarrassing and I CRINGE to imagine being forced to do those things dressed like they are.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
It''s not going to be the same without Chris. Still casting my votes for Elliott. Hopefully the Spaz dancing will be limited.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 6:10:24 PM
Author: fire&ice
It''s not going to be the same without Chris. Still casting my votes for Elliott. Hopefully the Spaz dancing will be limited.
Ditto. Plus it will be a nice distraction for me!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I''m not so excited now that Chris is not there...but I will be voting for Taylor!

M~

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, I''m with ya!!! TayTay for Master and Commander of the AI!!!!
31.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I hope Elliott or Katherine wins Taylor is way too karaoke'ish to me. If Taylor wins he will wind up being a forgotten idol.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be voting for Elliott non-stop! It looks like he''s the favorite over at a gossip community I occasionally visit, so he might have a shot. I can''t help thinking he absolutely deserves this, over anyone else.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEElliott!!!!

That''s who I''m a''votin'' for but this is assuming I can actually get through. The last 2 weeks have not given me a confident fresh feeling about the AI phone lines.

I may just ffwd through TT just like I did last week. Take that kiwi girl.
11.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If Taylor wins ( god forbid ) methinks we''ll all be eating Kiwi pie
14.gif
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 9:25:21 PM
Author: kaleigh
If Taylor wins ( god forbid ) methinks we''ll all be eating Kiwi pie
14.gif
3.gif

Don''t worry ... I''ll serve it up with a nice cool pitcher of KIWI-ADE too! Makes it wash down nice & smooth.
9.gif
11.gif

The FORGOTTEN idol? Oh I think not! Kelly Clarkson time, babies. Mark my ever-lovin'', green-tinted words ...
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trying to get some scoop re: the songs for tomorrow night ... here''s some gossip

I guess they''re each singing three songs? One Clive Davis picked, one a Judge picked for them and one they personally chose??

TAYLOR
His own pick: Try A Little Tenderness (? maybe?)
Randy''s pick: You Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker
Clive''s pick: Walkin In Memphis (? maybe - conflicting reports)

ELLIOTT
His own pick: ?
Paula''s pick: "What You Won''t Do For Love" by Bobby Caldwell
Clive''s pick: ?

MCPHEE
Her own pick: "Man I Feel Like A Woman" by Shania Twain -- maybe yes, maybe no?
Simon''s pick: "Over the Rainbow" by Judy Garland
Clive''s pick: "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" by Roberta Flack -- maybe yes, maybe no?

tvguide.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elliott looks like he''s channeling werewolf guy in X-Men there. Kat just looks like a hussy and Taylor looks like a gray lovin suit JayLeno. What''s up with the lame cover ?!??!?!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
IF and only IF Taylor sings "Walking in Memphis" will I vote for him. Because that song? One of my favorite songs ever. Don''t know why. The song is about a jewish kid walking around in Memphis...I''m neither jewish nor have I ever been to Memphis, but the song really really really speaks to me. If he sings it well, I will actually vote. So yeah. That will bring about some Taylor love.

But still ya''ll. pooo on the whole thing.

POOOO.

Plus, the amazing race finale is tonight.

I''ll watch and I''ll snark though.

Also, I will throw up in my mouth if McFeh sings man I feel like a woman.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
sings "tonight, tonight, won't be just any night" (Westside story)

I'm so excited for the show. I need some uplifting entertainment after lasts night tense grey's anatomy. So, will Clive be there too? Heck, he could end up giving them all three record deals if he wanted too. I can never get through so it doens't matter who I'd vote for but I'm hoping for the Taylor/Elliot final. tonight's 3 songs will show a lot to me in who I like more as an entertainer/idol. I do think Taylor has a huge following and is the one to beat if Elliot or Kat's going to do it. wasn't clay and rueben decided by like 100,000 votes? i wonder if it will be as close..If Kat gets through, I've got Taylor winning it all.

oh and the Bald Eagle was supposed to come on our local radio station and totally blew themm off. He was a no show and boy oh boy did the hosts dish out the "he's so into himeself, lack of humbleness" talk. Makes me even more glad he's gone
11.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Well, for all you Elliott fans - He came. He beemed. He sang. Everyone loved him. Big crowd to greet him at each location.

He made all his appointments with pleasure. He met our Governor - who gave Elliott a big bear hug. Elliott was the one who was in awe of our Governor. Humble & Sweet.

He''s got my ever lovin support!

And, the talk continues about the phone line mix up regarding Chris & Kat. He was on the Today Show & I caught the tail end. Did he say the band "Live" has been talking to him?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have butterflies
9.gif
. I''m also fantasizing about Kat falling off the stage tonight.
11.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 2:56:34 AM
Author: decodelighted

****** UPDATE ******

I guess they're each singing three songs? One Clive Davis picked, one a Judge picked for them and one they personally chose??

TAYLOR
His own pick: Try A Little Tenderness (? maybe?)
Randy's pick: "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker
Clive's pick: "Dancing in the Dark" by Bruce Springsteen

ELLIOTT
His own pick: some "Sunshine" oriented song -- maybe Ray Charles
Paula's pick: "What You Won't Do For Love" by Bobby Caldwell
Clive's pick: "Open Arms" by Journey

MCPHEE
Her own pick: 'Man I Feel Like A Woman' by Shania Twain -- maybe yes, maybe no?
Simon's pick: "Over the Rainbow" by Judy Garland
Clive's pick: "I Believe I Can Fly" by R Kelly

Apparently ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT is reporting some changes in the line-up (see above in BOLD).

Including this little tidbit...

"Dancing in the Dark" will mark the first time a Bruce Springsteen song has ever been performed on Idol.* According to the ET article, Clive Davis personally contacted Bruce to obtain his permission to use the song.

ETA: Also heard CLARENCE CLEMMONS, Bruce's own Sax guy, is gonna perform with Taylor LIVE..
9.gif
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lordy, I hope Taylor WILL be Dancing in the Dark.
32.gif

Did anyone catch Chris on Ellen Show? America really got it wrong. He was poised, outstanding & picked his own guitar.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm.... Simon weighs in on who he thinks is gonna win right here and the Vegas Oddsmakers have some ideas too.

Spoiler:
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
11.gif

ETA: any fence-sitters who haven't heard TAYLOR's original songs can find them here at the bottom of the page. Also some nice info on TAY TAY.

EETA: TAYLOR HICKS for ATTORNEY GENERAL!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Simon might think Taylor will win (though he was WRONG in predicting 2 of the top three), but APPARENTLY, he told Jay Leno and all of America last night that Elliott has the best voice of them all. He also supposedly said that Elliott is the nicest guy he''s ever met.

I think Taylor is one of those that''s better off in smaller venues with smaller audiences. He''s quirky and can connect to an audience (almost like a comedian), but to an audience of 20,000? I don''t know. To me, he''s more of a singing, dancing TV personality than a hit-producing musician.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
"But people who don't normally vote may have done so for Yamin last week. He was That good."

____

YEAH BOY...Elliott was a rockin' last week. Now if he can just be THAT GOOD this week, I think he will be okay.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I am definitely on the Elliot bandwagon.

F&I - love your story! So nice to hear he truly is a sweetheart of a person.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Maybe Simon is saying that to rally support for the underdog - Elliott.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
We''re all for Elliot here -- but we love taylor too! Tonight is about making KATHARINE GO HOME! Last week was supposed to be that... let''s hope america gets it right tonight...
jen

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I agree, Kat must go home tonight...the boys need to be the final 2.

And Deco, I'll help you serve the kiwi pie with the kiwi-ade and a side of kiwi when our boy takes the cake on May 24.
2.gif

ETA: He's sooooo not going to to be the "forgotten idol" either. He's got the talent, the charisma, and he's already got the following, even now, before the competition's over.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DAMN I just realized I am going to be out tonite and won''t be able to vote for ELLIOTT because by the time I get home the phone lines will be closed. ARGH!!!!!!!!

elliott lovers you will have to vote for me ...
39.gif
unless somehow i can get his # and vote tonite for him anyway even though i am out!! hmmmm.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 6:54:31 PM
Author: Mara
DAMN I just realized I am going to be out tonite and won''t be able to vote for ELLIOTT because by the time I get home the phone lines will be closed. ARGH!!!!!!!!

elliott lovers you will have to vote for me ...
39.gif
unless somehow i can get his # and vote tonite for him anyway even though i am out!! hmmmm.
2 words...text alert!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results