shape
carat
color
clarity

IDOL - Top Three!!!! 5/16/06

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 10:36:21 PM
Author: kaleigh

Date: 5/24/2006 10:31:41 PM
Author: HOUMedGal
I am SO glad for him!!!!! I looooooooooooove Taylor! SOUL PATROL!

Did anyone else see David Hasselhof crying at the end?!?!?! That was freakin'' HILARIOUS!
OMG, yessy I did. That freaked me out.
32.gif
Hahaha, my mom and I saw it, then looked at each other in confusion, then burst out laughing and said "David Hasselhof?!??!?" at the same time. Sooooo funny!!!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I thought the "acting" between Kat and Meatloaf was hilarious -- that was the true comic releif of the show. Oh and Chicken Little singing my little pussycat!
3.gif

Yay for PRINCE! Looks like more people in the "real" music world are takin' this thing seriously.....oh and KD LAng -- I mean Clay Aiken!!!??!!! What the...??
41.gif

All's well that ends well, thank goodness -- SOUL PATROL!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY HAPPY TAYLOR DANCE!!
36.gif
36.gif

jen

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
The soul patrol gave it to him! Whooohooo!!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'm watching it now...did anyone see the heather locklear ratnest hair in the beginning? my fingers were itching to get the girl a brush!! and where was ben stiller's wife? hmmm.

lol i about died when that wacko dave dude was on the stage and ryan is all 'we need some mace!'...i was like mace mace where are you?
11.gif

totally didn't get the meatloaf and kat thing... and the pickler puck thing was sooooo lame. i ffw'd through most of it.

and rhonetta winning the jackson award...omg she was sooo hilarious. that girl...unbelievable

loved the elliott and mary j blige thing, i kept trying to get a good shot of her ring..!!

loved the 6 guys singing, i gotta admit that taylor was just a little sexy with the harmonica. but just a LITTLE.

and can i just tell you all how i'd love to look like toni braxton? and yeah having her voice and money wouldn't hurt either.
9.gif
but is it just me or did she look a little tweaked out or something? she's been taking paula pills.

eh i'm only halfway through and i'm hungry again...

i can totally see paris being the next jill scott.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEST. TELEVISION. SHOW. EVER.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hello? Mary J. Blige!!!

Hello? PRINCE!!!!!

And the ousted kiddos ...I forgot how good most of them sound ... guess it''s easy to forget when you see them mess up one by one & get voted off ... ya remember them sucking. But -- geez -- now I''m excited for the concert. Everyone but Chicken Widdle sounded sah-weet. Even MACE. MANDISA brought it! (though I''m sure she was CURSING the producers over that "all white so I look like the Pilsbury Dough Lady" outfit)

More tomorrow as I''m being hustled to nighty nite!

SOUL PATROL 4-eveah!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was just on the ticketmaster site checking out the tickets for the local AI tour...tee hee...

the pavilion where they perform is within walking distance from us so was thinking MAYBE i should get some tickets. tee hee.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2006 1:04:56 AM
Author: decodelighted
BEST. TELEVISION. SHOW. EVER.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hello? Mary J. Blige!!!

Hello? PRINCE!!!!!

And the ousted kiddos ...I forgot how good most of them sound ... guess it''s easy to forget when you see them mess up one by one & get voted off ... ya remember them sucking. But -- geez -- now I''m excited for the concert. Everyone but Chicken Widdle sounded sah-weet. Even MACE. MANDISA brought it! (though I''m sure she was CURSING the producers over that ''all white so I look like the Pilsbury Dough Lady'' outfit)

More tomorrow as I''m being hustled to nighty nite!

SOUL PATROL 4-eveah!
Congrats Deco!
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
As a way back Soul Patroller to another.... what victory! hee hee, I am high on Tay Tay life right now! My DH is laughing at me for typing this...but I don''t care! Victory, sweet victory...and I SO look forward to his album because I will be amping it up in the Trailblazer for all the world to hear! So happy for Taylor--he''s getting what he deserves.
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
carrie looks SO different from last year, when she was an unpolished country girl...she''s the epitome of class with the angelic voice now...i was watching her thinking...so what will taylor be like in a year? i bet a little more mainstream and more subdued.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2006 2:08:17 AM
Author: Mara
carrie looks SO different from last year, when she was an unpolished country girl...she''s the epitome of class with the angelic voice now...i was watching her thinking...so what will taylor be like in a year? i bet a little more mainstream and more subdued.
I hope they don''t polish the "Taylor" right out of him because that would just be a crying shame!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Oh...just thought of the interview that Bucky did when he got booted, saying that *they* (?) would never let someone like him or Taylor win because they weren''t mainstream enough! Maybe not someone like him bwahahahaha.....
31.gif
although I was happy to see him tonight!

Prince was awesome in his weird little twisted sexy way, and I was shocked he did the show! He and Billy Bob Thorton are 2 strange guys that just have some *thing* where you can''t decide if they''re ick or yum but they''ve defiinitely got something? Can''t just be me and Angelina Jolie thinking that up?

Chris! Pant snort wheeze! I was REALLY happy to see him cuz he makes my heart go pitter patter! It''s all YUM for him baby, no ick to be found! I want him to hurry and up and make stuff so I can buy it and watch it all day long!!

The Ambien is kicking in and there is danger of the post becoming loony!!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I had a dream about Chris last night. Nuff said.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2006 12:24:31 PM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
I had a dream about Chris last night. Nuff said.
Overlooking this shorter status which doesn''t translate on TV, he is sex on a stick. And, I''m a dirty old women
6.gif
11.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I enjoyed the show last night. couple of things

Not a fan of Taylor but enjoyed him last night.
Kat & Meatloaf? way too weird for me-Before Ryan announced the winner it seemed like Kat knew Taylor was going to win. I didnt like the way she acted after Taylor won.
Pickler''s hair looks nice-
Carrie looked & sounded beautiful
Clay Aiken-Dang, he looks 100% better than when he started. Took a minute for my husband & I to realize it was him on stage.
Love Toni braxton but geez she could have learned the words to the song she was singing and at least pick a dress that doesn''t look like lingerie.
Prince-meh-I Liked his twin dancers more than him
Mjb-loved

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha tawn i feel the same way about prince. slightly repulsed by the heeled shoes and drawn in pencil mustache, but strangely attracted as well. we saw him in concert last year and he was just plain AMAZING. i have always loved his songs esp when growing up and so it was awesome to see him in person. he's like a little bit of history because he really never has changed his moves and he pretty much looks the same (another frightening thought) so it's like hearing him 20 years ago when the songs came out!

greg loves prince too esp after seeing him live last year and so i replayed that section of the show for him...he said he liked 'prince's little girlies'...haha such a man! oh and the way he finished the songs then strutted off the stage, prince is such a diva!

i LOVED that E got to sing with MJB! even though a few times the look on her face was kind of like 'who are you again', it was a great experience for him and did you see how happy his mom was in the audience?

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I LOVED watching this show. Even though it was no mystery who was going to win thanks to DialIdol.com, I thoroughly enjoyed the show. I loved watching the stars who performed with the Idols. Yes, Carrie Underwood has undergone some tweaking and wow...she is looking even prettier and more polished than ever. Her stylists dress her perfectly and her hair and makeup people have it easy with such a pretty face. I am not into country per se, but I like her more and more and I listen to a few other country artists cuz of Carrie, I have to admit.

It was nice to see the booted out contestants performing again, though I admit, I couldn''t remember one or two of them by name. I loved the numbers that the ladies took center stage and brought it. Nice. I also loved seeing the guys again in their numbers.

I personally thought Kat was more relaxed with her performances and since the heat was off to be so "perfect"....why not? This year''s AI was unusual that no one Idol contestant won me over like from start to finish and had me panting and praying just for them. Taylor had to prove himself to everyone I feel because people dismissed him due to his grey hair and quirky nature. Guess he proved himself and let everyone see that he can bring it. Quite honestly, I felt at the start that if Kat could finish in the top 3 she would be fine because of her training and connections. Taylor needed to win to make it happen for him and he did so I am thrilled for him.

Yes, Clay Aiken was strikingly different in appearance...and I think its a sexier, edgier look...and it works for him. No more geeky persona. Nice.

Prince was a wonderful surprise and I was glad to see someone of his caliber on this show. The medley thing with Burt Bacharach and Dionne Warwick was good and I sang along, but I could see where it would lose people in interest...but it was nice. Toni Braxton and Taylor was fun to watch. MJB and Elliott was fun, but I think Mara hit the nail on the head about Mary looking over at Elliott trying to remember who he was. MJB also outvoiced Elliott...poor guy, but he held his own, despite it all.

All in all, great show. The golden idol awards thing was choice and funny. OMG! It is amazing to me that most of those people didn''t have someone in their lives to nudge them into reality that they were not really AI materail, but they all sure handled their moments in the sun well...too funny. That Clay Aiken wannabe dude cracked me up SO bad! OMG! He looked like he was going to pass out from shock for a second there when Clay came onstage. I was just dying! Then Ryan provided him with a stool to sit on so he wouldn''t just stand and gawk at Clay. Choice...totally choice.

Loved it...I look forward to the other shows coming out that Simon has influence over including the late summer hit of last year, "So You Think You Can Dance?" and "Duets". I also look forward to the new season of AI. Love the auditions and the whole enchilada of the show!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I started to get tears in my eyes when they showed the clip of Elliott''s mom during the parade and her tears of joy/pride/disbelief. It was so heartwarming. I really liked Elliott and wished he would have gotten to sing the song more that MJB!

The whole Meatloaf thing was WEIRD! The way he was shaking, it was making me feel uncomfortable! LOL

I thought it very unfortunate song choice that the chicken little guy had to sing (OMG he DOES look like Chicken little!)

Mandisa is beautiful and she has a great voice. I hope she goes far because she is by far a great singer.

Its no secret that I am not a Carrie fan, but her outfits were better this year than last year. She has kind of vamped her image out a bit from the country girl image.

I was SO happy to see Clay, where on earth has he been? By far, my favorite singer from Idol ever. Unique. But he did look a bit strange. I wondered if the Clay wanna be knew he would come out or not because he looked really shocked.

i LOVED the cowboy routine! they should become a group.

Congrats to all the Taylor fans!
36.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Clay Aiken, Garth Brooks called--- he wants his Chris Gaines wig back!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm! Separated at birth perhaps?

chrisgaines.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
clay looked WEIRD. i was never a huge fan of his but i didn''t even recognize him AT ALL. one of the gals in my office said he looked like Pee Wee Herman and I said YES. I think he''s had a little work done actually. that kind of tight plastic look does not come naturally.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Viriginia really is all about ELLIOTT! I mentioned the Idol Concert here in Richmond sold out in 15 minutes. The secondary market doing quite well w/ some tickets over $1,000.00 each.
6.gif
They scheduled a second concert in Norfolk, VA in Sept. Tickets to that sold out in a day.

Anyway - I was disappointed in MJB interaction w/ Elliott. Yeah, like who are you again? But, Elliott was able to hold his own.

I kinda liked the whole Kat/Meatloaf thing. To me, it solidified my thought that she NEEDS to be on Broadway.

Mara - I thought the Kellie/Puck thing was too kitche cute for words. I think the little mink is going to have a fine career. Maybe in acting. She is SOOOOOOO Hee Haw!

One thing that really struck me from the show last night. This REALLY was a boys competition. They really rose to the occassion! I even liked Mace
6.gif

I''m really glad I got to Mandissa perform again. I''m not feelin the love for her contribution to the idol CD. Maybe she''s better in person.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
During the girls act...when they were all in black, it looked like Pickler''s zipper was undone the whole time? Anyone else notice?

Chris was so hot...did I already mention that?
emsmilep.gif

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/25/2006 6:22:46 PM
Author: fire&ice
I think the little mink is going to have a fine career. Maybe in acting. She is SOOOOOOO Hee Haw!
I love it - Hee Haw! That''s so accurate F&I. Thanks for the mental image of Kellie Pickler slappin her knee with Roy Clark!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, quite the image!

For those who can download individual songs - and for what it''s worth. These are worth having from the Idol Album.

Chris - Wanted Dead or Alive
3.gif

Ace Young -Father Figure - yep, can''t believe I''m saying that!
Taylor - Takin it to the Streets
The Little Mink - Walking After Midnight - get that girl into a studio where she can have a a do-over & the results are quite nice.
Elliott - Moody''s Mood For Love
10.gif

Paris - Midnight Train to Georgia. Her voice is big in the studio. You forget how young she is

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results