shape
carat
color
clarity

IDOL - Top Three!!!! 5/16/06

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
During the "had a bad day" recap of all the AI moments the ONLY SHOT they showed of Chris was the Chris, you are going home tonight moment with his stunned expressionless face and Katherine''s you just threw your drink in my face look of horror. I mean, they had like four different clips of Paris and two or three of Kellie and Chris'' only memorable moment was that?

If I were Chris sitting in the audience, which he was, I''d be watching wondering hmmm I wonder what they''re going to show of me, well, there''s Paris, oh yeah I remember when Bucky did that ha ha, ah Kevin - looks shorter on camera, surely they''ll have something from me, I was only voted off a few weeks ago, there''s Taylor and the harmonica,
6.gif
SOB! I don''t want to see THAT! Great. Now I''m crying again.
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAWN.

It's not on yet here....I just hope they show me a shot of Elliott!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
any one know where Kat and taylor's last songs were from? did they choose them? who wrote them etc??

edit: found the answer: Songwriters are Harry Sommerdahl, Hanne Sorvag and Tim Baxter for My Destiny, and Tracy Ackerman and Absolute for Do I Make You Proud.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, they''ll show a shot of Elliott in the audience. Don''t blink, you''ll miss it. Chris, Bucky, Kellie-- they''re all there.

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
God- i love Taylor. **GO TAYLOR**

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
So are you guys going to vote even if your favorite is gone now?

I figure, it''s kind of like a presidential election. You should vote for the person you don''t like the least, so that the person you don''t like the most doesn''t win which will irk you even further.

I''m sad Taylor is gone, but I''ve always been a duel citizen in the land of Elliot/Taylor, so it''s easy for me. ''ll vomit if Kat wins, so a votin'' I will go, and hopefully Taylor will win.

I can''t wait to see what odd outfits she prances out in, though. THAT''S entertainment.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did my best, voted for Taylor 30 times. Now that was hard. The lines were busy, busy, busy. Text you say?? No clue how to do that. Did I spot Deco in the audience???
31.gif
I loved how Simon said with Taylor''s last song he just won AI. Paula and Randy were about to pound him as they had picked him all along. Loved seeing Elliott in the audience. He is such a great guy!!!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Hated Kat''s last song!!! It was all over the place! Gotta go cuz it''s hard to hold the phone and type at the same time!

For TAYLOR of course!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha okay Kat''s last song was the ultimate MEH. It was horrible! Off key and obscure, yak!

Soooo I actually tried to vote for Taylor tonite for a while and I couldn''t get through AT ALL.

So then I checked dialidol and saw this:

1 Taylor Hicks 69.854 1.083 -
2 Katharine McPhee 57.55 1.285

So Taylor looks like he is kicking KatBootie...which works for me. So anyway....just say NO TO KAT!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I just watched a recorded version of AI and got to skip through all the commercials (DH and I went downtown tonight to see "Wicked" so you have to forgive me for losing my diehard AI watcher status here--it was fabulous, btw.) Anywho, I am a Taylor fan and have been from the auditions on....and Lord I am tonight! Wow! I thought he was great, once again. Katherine was, and will remain, imo, a marketable version of Kelly Clarkson (although Kat doesn''t quite have the same "it" factor as Kelly). I enjoyed both of them, but I have to say Taylor''s songs were as usual, more entertaining and soulful than Kat''s. I wish them both the best of luck, and sorry to say I didn''t get a chance to vote tonight. (For shame!)
35.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
For me, Taylor was just awesome!!! I loved him last night. Everything about Kat was Meh last night. Her "debut single" was the ULTIMATE KATASTROPHE!!!!! It was just HORRID. I can''t wait to see them crown Taylor tonight! Soul Patrol Soul Patrol. Did you all see Elliott screaming "Soul Patrol" in the audience?? it was so cute!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 8:45:57 AM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
For me, Taylor was just awesome!!! I loved him last night. Everything about Kat was Meh last night. Her ''debut single'' was the ULTIMATE KATASTROPHE!!!!! It was just HORRID. I can''t wait to see them crown Taylor tonight! Soul Patrol Soul Patrol. Did you all see Elliott screaming ''Soul Patrol'' in the audience?? it was so cute!

I agree with you 100%. I did see Elliott screaming "soul Patrol" and was thinking..awww, I MISS ELLIOTT and he should of been in the final with Taylor
39.gif
. it was cute and so Elliott to be rooting for a "teammate."

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 8:45:57 AM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
Did you all see Elliott screaming 'Soul Patrol' in the audience?? it was so cute!
I did - and it made my job of dialing/voting for the Soul Patrol a no brainer!

Ya know - even if you weren't a soul patroler - Taylor knocked his song OUT OF THE PARK! I was in awe.

If that dopey Kat wins, I will never watch AI. Each week she gets the criticism regarding her lack of humility (to put it nicely) and EACH week she rises above her game of ego. She is most impoved in the "I THINK I'm great' department.

Where is Deco in her shining moment?

Edited to add: Taylor's line was constantly busy. I got through one time out of prolly 100 trys. It's got to be a conspiracy if Kat wins.

Also, all you Elliott fans would love to know how he came to try out & be who he has become. His girlfriend wanted to try out. She drove up to Boston with him. She didn't make it. He did. She's very pretty & evidently talented too. Elliott never finished high school - left his sophmore year. He was truant. His mother had to get the court to release her from her obligation. Socially, he was great. Academically, he wasn't. Some of it was attributed to the hearing loss. Some was attributed to the late discovery of his diabetes. Most attributed to lack of drive. A manager at Footlocker gave him a chance to work there ONLY if he got his GED. He did. He bounced around being a "lost boy" UNTIL Idol. Nobody recognizes the MAN he has become. He has purpose. He keeps his schedule. He has found his place. For that, he's already a winner.

Also edited to add: The reason he was able to make the trip up to Boston with his girlfriend was b/c he won $1,000 in a local Karokee contest. Also, on his way up, he stopped by the present place of work of the "mentor"/manager of that Footlocker. He works at a College now. They took up a little collection to enable Elliott to get a new outfit.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have never in my life even thought about voting but i R E A L L Y want to see taylor win so i did my part and managed to get in 15 votes last night.
26.gif
thanks goodness for redial! GO TAYLOR!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
F&I, that is really interesting about Elliott''s background. Love Taylor. I didn''t have trouble voting for him. Got through in less than 10 tries on the "06" number. They opened phone lines for 4 hours afterwards, so people should have been able to get their votes in.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wasn''t able to get in at all but i didn''t know that the phone lines were open for 4 hours...woops! well i think taylor got it...
9.gif

i totally missed elliott in the audience...damn!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 10:43:09 AM
Author: belle
i have never in my life even thought about voting but i R E A L L Y want to see taylor win so i did my part and managed to get in 15 votes last night.
26.gif
thanks goodness for redial! GO TAYLOR!
I voted for Elliott, but was a speed demon last night for Taylor. Redial is the best!!! I'm out tonight, and will probably miss it so you guys will have to give me the full scoop. Especially the look on Kat's face when she looses!!!
9.gif
11.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
AIIIIGHHH. I was locked in an internet-less Summer Camp on assignement last night but did manage to see the last 45 minutes of IDOL!!! But I couldn't vote & couldn't log on to ask you guys to vote FOR ME. AIIIGHHHH!!!!
39.gif
39.gif
. I even asked the Sweetie (Decosbeau) to try to log on & find you guys but he couldn't find the thread (silly fella). He's all like "They're not talking about it" BUT I KNEW THAT COULDN"T BE TRUE!!!!

Just got home now -- in time for the BIG FINALE!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

P.s. TAYLOR HICKS for AMERICAN IDOL (there, I finally said it)
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2006 9:04:41 PM
Author: kaleigh
To vote for Taylor
1-866-43657 02
1-866-43657 04
1-866-43657 06

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!! Kaleigh, I
30.gif
30.gif
you (almost as much as TAY TAY) right now!!! Just read the thread from last night ... aiiighh. So sorry I missed watching it with you guys!!

Elliott rules too ... mouthing SOUL PATROL last night to cue his fans to vote TAYLOR!!! Filled with gratitude am I.

Back to watching finale ...
9.gif
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I bet Taylor wins. I'll tune in at 9:59 to find out. For now, I am SOOO up to my eyeballs in white Capizios, sheet T-shirts and a beautiful Don Johnson in the Miami Vice re-runs I have discovered and the best movie ever Shaun of the Dead. Much more exciting than American Idol!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got home from having dinner out. It was Ashley's 18th birthday. Had a blast but she's like ok time to get home and find out what happened. I can't believe my own flesh and blood is ...... A fan of Kat's!!!!!!
11.gif
Where did I go wrong?????
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hope she had a great birthday!

Can someone give Elliott a contract so that he can get his teeth fixed already....And can someone get Chicken Little off of the stage already!
11.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^DOnt'' read this if you are a west coaster and haven''t seen the finale yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad HE won!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
******SPOILER ALERT******

YAY Taylor!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Soul Patrol, Yipee!!!!
9.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I didnt really tune in this year (I boycotted after last year''s results) but watched the final and thought it was a good show! What a group of fabulous singers, the contestants get better every year IMO! I was rooting for Elliott because he''s from Virginia (Richmond is about an hour from where I work so everyone there just loves him) but Taylor is pretty cool and its nice to see a winner with a unique sound and style and not cookie cutter. Is it me or does he remind anyone else of George Clooney?

Yay Taylor!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
woops i looked and the spoiler wasn''t down far enough....
39.gif

oh well not surprising!
5.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, well I thought the show was kinda hokey but it was fun seeing and hearing the original 12 again. When I heard Mandisa I thought, man the girl is so great, her time on AI was over way too quickly. Elliot sounded AMAZING on his little number. Did not like Kat and taylors "dirty dancing" duet at all
14.gif
. I''m soooo happy Tay Tay won and he really looked great up there. I think Kat knew, she had that look, like she just knew. Taylor was so humble and I loved that he thanked so many people during his song. He''s going to do well. Oh and did you all see carrie underwood? she just looks STUNNING. I''ve always thought she was pretty but every time I see her lately she just looks like a star.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
I am SO glad for him!!!!! I looooooooooooove Taylor! SOUL PATROL!

Did anyone else see David Hasselhof crying at the end?!?!?! That was freakin'' HILARIOUS!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 10:18:16 PM
Author: Mara
woops i looked and the spoiler wasn''t down far enough....
39.gif

oh well not surprising!
5.gif
Oh come on girl, you know better than to be reading this thread while us East Coaster''s are dishing. I put it as far down on the page as I could. Sorry....
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 10:31:41 PM
Author: HOUMedGal
I am SO glad for him!!!!! I looooooooooooove Taylor! SOUL PATROL!

Did anyone else see David Hasselhof crying at the end?!?!?! That was freakin'' HILARIOUS!
OMG, yessy I did. That freaked me out.
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results