shape
carat
color
clarity

IDOL - Top Three!!!! 5/16/06

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
While there's no question that Kat has a technically better voice, she lacks the style and charisma that Taylor has. He's different in the way he looks and performs. It's annoying to some and others really like it, but whatever side of the fence you're on, he gets your attention. To me Kat is just another cookie cutter Miss America type singer. She's beautiful and talented but not so different. If you listen to Bruce Springsteen with your eyes closed, he's not that great of a singer either, but he has style all his own and lots of charisma.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Elliot will be fine! We all just need to plop down money to buy his CD when it does get released.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 9:36:47 AM
Author: fire&ice

Date: 5/18/2006 1:27:21 AM
Author: tawn

Date: 5/18/2006 1:27:21 AM
Author: tawn
Katherine needs to take a look at Elliott and learn what genuine humility and grace look like!! She obviously felt the need to point out that she doesn''t come from a smalltown so that''s the only reason she didn''t have the kind turnout that Elliott and Taylor had, and apparently Arnold didn''t send her an invite either!! I think it''s because she doesn''t have the ''warmth and charisma'' that inspires people like the guys have! I personally wouldn''t walk across the street to see her...
With all due respect to you, Tawn, and a big BRONX jeer to KAT - RICHMOND, VIRGINIA is not a SMALL town. It is the CAPITAL OF VIRGINIA and boosts a HEARTY/HEALTHY population in and around the city. It''s one of the LARGEST cities in the Southeast! People care about Elliott because he garners such respect. Nobody give a rat''s butt about Katherine big town/small town whatever!

America - you''ve got to be F-ing kidding me! Who is voting for that dopey Kat? I saw the results show last night & woke up this morning staring at my note that Elliott was sent home. I had to write it down because I just didn''t believe it. And, had to hear it again on our local news to confirm.
I know! I''ve been to Richmond and
30.gif
Virginia! Kat just says the dumbest things to make excuses for herself!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been into Idol this season, like I have in past seasons, but while spinning on the elliptical at 85 RPM at the gym last night, I happened to tune to Idol and hear bimbette utter those "Long and Boring" words that should work to put her out to pasture. I even thought, no she didn't actually say that having a day to be honored, adored, welcomed and loved by fans could be long and boring. I mean, what an insult to anyone who went out of their way to see her. She truly deserves to lose with an attitude like that.

But, I'm betting "Teen America" will vote and text like crazy for her and she has a really good shot at the recording contract, but that doesn't mean she'll be remembered beyond this competition, nor does it mean her CD(s) will sell.

I like Taylor, he's unique, but my honest opinion is the real talent has already left the competition.

Just my .02 worth.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree the real talent is already gone from AI for me.

I honestly won''t even vote next week. As much of a KatHater as I am...I''m not a TayLover so I can''t justify doing either!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2006 3:47:05 PM
Author: Mara

I honestly won''t even vote next week. As much of a KatHater as I am...I''m not a TayLover so I can''t justify doing either!
Are you and I related???? I pretty much uniformly agree with your opinions on everything!!! I probably won''t vote either. I don''t think Taylor is talented enough to be chosen American Idol and Kat doesnt'' deserve the title. My vote wouldn''t be fair.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 3:57:19 PM
Author: Rod
I don''t think Taylor is talented enough to be chosen American Idol

Well time will tell if America agrees with ya. My guess: TAYLOR goes on to

a) WIN
b) Become the biggest selling, most popular & most Grammy-nominated/winning IDOL so far. Kelly Clarkson''s the only one who even COMPARES to Taylor''s charisma, songwriting ability, musical chops & uniqueness in today''s marketplace.

Two, three years from now -- you''ll see the light.
9.gif
And I''m more than willing to wait for "told ya so"s.
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 4:06:57 PM
Author: decodelighted

I honestly won't even vote next week. As much of a KatHater as I am...I'm not a TayLover so I can't justify doing either!
I don't think Taylor is talented enough to be chosen American Idol

a) WIN
b) Become the biggest selling, most popular & most Grammy-nominated/winning IDOL so far. Kelly Clarkson's the only one who even COMPARES to Taylor's charisma, songwriting ability, musical chops & uniqueness in today's marketplace.

Two, three years from now -- you'll see the light.
9.gif
And I'm more than willing to wait for 'told ya so's.
3.gif
Please pass the kool-aid! If you start buying Nike tennis shoes THEN I will worry!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2006 4:06:57 PM

I don''t think Taylor is talented enough to be chosen American Idol

a) WIN
b) Become the biggest selling, most popular & most Grammy-nominated/winning IDOL so far. Kelly Clarkson''s the only one who even COMPARES to Taylor''s charisma, songwriting ability, musical chops & uniqueness in today''s marketplace.

Two, three years from now -- you''ll see the light.
9.gif
And I''m more than willing to wait for ''told ya so''s.
3.gif
Of course, and if I offended anyone who thinks Taylor is great, my apologies. I just don''t ''dig'' his singing too much. But then, I don''t much care for a great many artists out there. For example, you won''t find an Eminem CD in my collection, but there are many who worship him. Thank goodness most music stores carry a wide variety of musical styles.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif

soulpatrol_badge.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif

ihearttaylor.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''m with you guys (haters
3.gif
) about Taylor. I predict the same future for him that Ruben Studdard and Fantasia met. Both good performers, but...not good enough.

We''ll see. I won''t be voting next week either. My Elliott''s gone, so it just doesn''t matter.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I''m a TOTAL DORK. We just bought tickets to the Idol Concert.
6.gif
Now, I get to witness spastic tick dancer in person.
6.gif
2.gif

I will be voting for Taylor this coming week. I have a voodoo doll w/ pins in Kat''s fake breasts.
11.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2006 11:41:30 AM
6.gif
6.gif
2.gif

I will be voting for Taylor this coming week. I have a voodoo doll w/ pins in Kat''s fake breasts.
11.gif

Good one
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif
6.gif
2.gif

11.gif
LOL, fire&ice! I have the same doll! Seriously, though, I''m excited for you that you will get to experience the Idols live. That''s so fun! P.S. thanks for the consolation votes for Tay-tay!!!
9.gif
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif

AICCK! Me TOOO! I swore I wouldn''t go this year - but I saw this post & asked the Sweetie if they''d sold out yet and he checked and they hadn''t and ... SUCKERED RIGHT IN. I feel beyond silly. But kinda psyched! TAY TAY - BRING IT ON HOME!!!!

On another note ... I found this awesome blog that always seems to have the best scoop on American Idol ... so rather than report it as dish on here & take the credit ... I''m letting everyone in on the source. Go forth & partake of the gossip freely, without my snark or TAY TAY pimpin'' to color your perceptions!

Gossipy highlights to tempt you:

* The judges seem to dislike Kat & subtly mock her in interviews

* LIVE might perform on the finale, maybe with CHRIS

* This season''s "winner''s song" was written by Nick Lachey & former Idol semi-finalist Tamyra Grey ... probably with a "male rock-tinged winner" in mind. INTERESTING! So they really thought it would be Chris/Taylor huh?

* TAY TAY had the biggest homecoming celebration in IDOL history, 35,000 people showed up -- AI''s exec. producer was STUNNED at the "rock star" turnout.

Also ... tonight''s Saturday Night Live opened with a sketch about host Kevin Spacey, winner of 2 Academy Awards, REALLY wanting to win American Idol. He actually sung & demo''d showbiz tips he''d use to win. It was kinda funny. He also got in a joke about Paula always being drunk. And how the way to make her cry was "sincerity". I mean - PEOPLE ... if KEVIN SPACEY is hip to AI''s ways ... it is a true national phenomenon. THEN, later, the fake TAY TAY visited the Weekend Update desk again screaming "Soul Patrol" every 2 seconds and talking about his dancing scaring children. Oh I loves me TAY TAY.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 3:47:51 AM

6.gif

AICCK! Me TOOO! I swore I wouldn''t go this year - but I saw this post & asked the Sweetie if they''d sold out yet and he checked and they hadn''t and ... SUCKERED RIGHT IN. I feel beyond silly. But kinda psyched! TAY TAY - BRING IT ON HOME!!!!
Did you go last year? My Dad, who was an usher at his local venue, said - sans Jimmy Buffet - it''s was the most enjoyable concert. By the time we were able to get through, all the lower level and floor level seats were sold out! And, it''s a HUGE facility.

Thanks for the dirt. Are we going to start another thread or just continue this one - as it has the nostalgia factor?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
TOTAL DORK COMPLETE! I bought the Idol CD.
39.gif
I'm so embarrassed - it's quite nice. Still feelin the love for Chris. And, Elliott - his song makes me salivate like Pavlov's Dog for MORE! Better release that CD soon El Man!

The idol girls have been quiet today! The finals are TONIGHT! Anyone going to watch?

Edited to add: I think I confused the guy at the record store as I also bought an Indian Rap CD.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be watching. But have to say I''m still not happy!!!
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol F&I at the confused record store guy due to your diverse tastes in music. so the idol CD is good. hmmmm.

i'm watching tonite, but not voting. neither one is the AI for me!

i did however feel a small measure of satisfaction this morning at the office, i drew horns and a goatee onto kat's picture on the AI pool board we have up near the receptionists desk.
11.gif
definitely an improvement on her looks.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I was a Chris fan. I''m still let down about him being booted, but now am rooting for Taylor.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2006 6:08:24 PM
lol F&I at the confused record store guy due to your diverse tastes in music. so the idol CD is good. hmmmm.

i''m watching tonite, but not voting. neither one is the AI for me!

i did however feel a small measure of satisfaction this morning at the office, i drew horns and a goatee onto kat''s picture on the AI pool board we have up near the receptionists desk.
11.gif
definitely an improvement on her looks.
When you hear Taylor sing on the CD & you block spastic tick dancing out, he''s got a great & pleasing voice. He''s got my snark vote & my real vote.

You mean Kat doesn''t have a goatee & horns?
11.gif

Kat had truly gone to the dark side in every way when she dissed Elliott''s hardy welcome home as being "small town". Oh and I wonder how many seats *SHE* has sold in her hometown Idol Tour. Elliott, I mean the tour
2.gif
, sold out Richmond in FIFTEEN minutes (approx 14k seats). Seats are selling on ebay up to $600.00 each! Greensboro has only the nose bleeds left (seats 24,000 people
6.gif
)

Hey DECO - I want a recount on Taylor''s hometown fan participation! Elliott drew over 4k in a small spot downtown & a record attendence of over 10k at the baseball stadium! That doesn''t include all the people lined on the parade route!
3.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I''m looking forward to tonight...I think I''ve figured out why *I* like Taylor and despise Kat and it''s just my humble opinion

Taylor is a genuine entertainer with SOUL!

Kat is a performer, shiny on the surface but empty!

PS Heard the "I wanna go home" song today and missed Elliott!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
tee hee

Deco must be in an isolation booth with her fellow soul patrol!
2.gif

LittleSys. - Walking in Memphis is one of my favs as well... tonight it won''t be "Are you a Christian?" It''s are you a "SOUL PATROL"? Ma''me I am TONIGHT!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2006 7:47:35 PM
tee hee

Deco must be in an isolation booth with her fellow soul patrol!
2.gif

LittleSys. - Walking in Memphis is one of my favs as well... tonight it won''t be ''Are you a Christian?'' It''s are you a ''SOUL PATROL''? Ma''me I am TONIGHT!
Yeah Deco where are you woman?? Okey doke I will be a crazy voting fool for your Taylor. He''s growing on me.
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2006 7:50:50 PM
Author: kaleigh
Taylor. He''s growing on me.
31.gif
Like a fungus!
12.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OK. Katharine made a small comment when Randy critiqued her on the last song which is just a horrible song to begin with. Just a simple "OK" that conveyed SO much arrogance to me. That "OK" was just another way of saying.."OK, I KNOW you couldn't mean *I* wasn't good". EWWWWW. SO voting for Taylor! You west coasters will totally know what I mean when you see it...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
***** SPOILER*******

Taylor made me PROUD!!! OMG, that was fabulous!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
To vote for Taylor
1-866-43657 02
1-866-43657 04
1-866-43657 06

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results