shape
carat
color
clarity

Identity Theft Protection?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone life LifeLock, etc. Is it worth it?

Thank you in advance!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I considered it (or something similar); but did not subscribe.

I just work to keep myself low key - and make a real point of never ever signing into a site on a public computer where I need to use anything but my general least secure password - or would need to use a credit card or bank access. Admittedly, this has more to do with internet security - but that is becoming more prevalent in how info for identity theft gets stolen these days.

Perry

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Perry!

I'm concerned because I'll be overseas for about a year; I'm worried something might happen and I wouldn't even know it. And, while my credit/debit usage overseas will be limited, there are definitely times that I know I'll have to use it (hotels, car rentals, big purchases, etc.) so I'd feel safer having a little security, but I don't know if its necessary.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indy:

When I went on a long trip a while back (long ago for some on PS). I set up a bank account with someone I trusted as an "agent" on the account (it was one of my sister-inlaws). Changed my mailing address to their place - and let her monitor and pay my bills and CC's. We would talk every week or so where I would review and OK things.

Note that was not my only bank account - but I made sure it had enough $$$ to cover my expenses and some emergency funds for the trip.

You might wish to look at something like that - if you can.

Perry

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am amazed that this old post got updated. Also, apparently the post that made it active again was deleted - spam perhaps.

But, and update from Perry.

I did purchase Lifelock and now consider it a must have (especially now that I am married). Of the various services out there I consider Lifelock to be the best (they are not cheap, but I think you get what you pay for).

Everyone have a great day,

Perry

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Identity theft insurance is not legal in NYS. I applied for a job at one point, and "a secure laptop was stolen that had all my information". They offered me credit monitoring for a year, that included $XXXXXX in insurance just in case, with a little start next to it, and at the bottom, it said not available in NYS.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm super careful with my info.
I even burn any paper with any info on it.

I'd never pay any business to protect me.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
it maybe a good idea to freeze your credit as well so nobody can try to open credit card and loan under ur ssn

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results