shape
carat
color
clarity

I was so tempted to mail the cats to Tanganyika this morning

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Re: I was so tempted to mail the cats to Tanganyika this mor

Oh, that's so funny! But I have my own story that might make you feel a wee (no pun intended... maybe) bit better.

I have a seven month old mastiff and a cat. We came home from church last Sunday and went to let the dog out of her crate. All I heard was OH, and knew it wasn't good. Hera had suffered from projectile diarrhea in her crate. It was all over the floor, the walls, the carpet. EVERYTHING. So he took her out, where she had more diarrhea, and then put her in the kitchen so he could clean the crate. Bless him. Hera then immediately threw up in the kitchen. She had two more bouts of projectile diarrhea and so we took her to the vet where $600 later she was diagnosed with giardia. So we take her home, keep in mind that she now has a huge hump from the subcutaneous fluids that she got at the vet. She's finally sleeping peacefully and we are happy that the hellish day is ended. Then the cat jumps up, and the smell radiating from his butt is like something crawled up it and died. He turns around and FI notices that there is poo, all over his fluffy hammer pants (love that!). So we take him and dunk him in the bath and try to scrub the poo off. We failed... miserably. So then I had to cut all of his butt hair off. He was not thrilled and it looks like he has tangled with a weed whacker. We also found, that he had tried to remove the poo himself, but scrubbing his a** on the carpet in multiple locations throughout the house. Anyways, we were worried that since giardia is contagious, the cat had it as well. So we took his litter box out of it's little house and put it where we could see it better to watch for any unusual poo. He was not thrilled with this, so he took a nice, neat poo, in the little house. INCHES away from the litter box. Needless to say our version of the anti-icky poo was used a lot that day. Sigh. Thank God they're cute.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redfaerythinker|1302203421|2890369 said:
Oh, that's so funny! But I have my own story that might make you feel a wee (no pun intended... maybe) bit better.

I have a seven month old mastiff and a cat. We came home from church last Sunday and went to let the dog out of her crate. All I heard was OH, and knew it wasn't good. Hera had suffered from projectile diarrhea in her crate. It was all over the floor, the walls, the carpet. EVERYTHING. So he took her out, where she had more diarrhea, and then put her in the kitchen so he could clean the crate. Bless him. Hera then immediately threw up in the kitchen. She had two more bouts of projectile diarrhea and so we took her to the vet where $600 later she was diagnosed with giardia. So we take her home, keep in mind that she now has a huge hump from the subcutaneous fluids that she got at the vet. She's finally sleeping peacefully and we are happy that the hellish day is ended. Then the cat jumps up, and the smell radiating from his butt is like something crawled up it and died. He turns around and FI notices that there is poo, all over his fluffy hammer pants (love that!). So we take him and dunk him in the bath and try to scrub the poo off. We failed... miserably. So then I had to cut all of his butt hair off. He was not thrilled and it looks like he has tangled with a weed whacker. We also found, that he had tried to remove the poo himself, but scrubbing his a** on the carpet in multiple locations throughout the house. Anyways, we were worried that since giardia is contagious, the cat had it as well. So we took his litter box out of it's little house and put it where we could see it better to watch for any unusual poo. He was not thrilled with this, so he took a nice, neat poo, in the little house. INCHES away from the litter box. Needless to say our version of the anti-icky poo was used a lot that day. Sigh. Thank God they're cute.

Oh.... Be careful!

Our rescue puppy had giardia when we brought her home. She did NOT have any symptoms initially. We found out because the vet tested her for everything when we got her examined (the day after we rescued her). Took 2 rounds of medicine to get rid of this stuff.

I'm sure the vet told you, but giardia is VERY contagious to your other animals AND TO PEOPLE. Every mess needs to be cleaned up immediately and use bleach to disinfect.
Even once the poo goes back to normal, you'll need to pick it up so it doesn't spread to other animals or re-infect your dog.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock

Yep, she was on so much medication i'm sure she was rattling. And that's why we were so worried about the cat. But everyone seems fine at the moment, knock wood.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

:o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh wowza. LGK. I feel for you, I really do... but thank you for sharing, as that story gave me the best laugh I've had all day long.

I hope those kitties stay out of your hair for a little while and keep their bodily secretions to themselves!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results