shape
carat
color
clarity

I Propose on Style Network

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has seen the new Style show "I Propose". I saw an episode last week where the gal was proposed to under the Hollywood sign. It was very sweet, romantic, and it looked like the guy really went out of his way to prepare for a "perfect" proposal. However, it made me cringe seeing him buy a 2 ct princess cut for $5,000. Granted the jeweler said it was a $13,500 ring but he wanted him to give him a discount because he''s using his story in a book he was writing. But still...
14.gif
. As someone being somewhat young (22), I was a little disturbed by that the couple insisted on a 2 ct stone despite living in a studio apartment
32.gif

Oh well, I still enjoy watching the series. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 7:25:36 PM
Author:fabcrab
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has seen the new Style show ''I Propose''. I saw an episode last week where the gal was proposed to under the Hollywood sign. It was very sweet, romantic, and it looked like the guy really went out of his way to prepare for a ''perfect'' proposal. However, it made me cringe seeing him buy a 2 ct princess cut for $5,000. Granted the jeweler said it was a $13,500 ring but he wanted him to give him a discount because he''s using his story in a book he was writing. But still...
14.gif
. As someone being somewhat young (22), I was a little disturbed by that the couple insisted on a 2 ct stone despite living in a studio apartment
32.gif

Oh well, I still enjoy watching the series. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it?
I would find that annoying too!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has seen the new Style show ''I Propose''. I saw an episode last week where the gal was proposed to under the Hollywood sign. It was very sweet, romantic, and it looked like the guy really went out of his way to prepare for a ''perfect'' proposal. However, it made me cringe seeing him buy a 2 ct princess cut for $5,000. Granted the jeweler said it was a $13,500 ring but he wanted him to give him a discount because he''s using his story in a book he was writing. But still...
14.gif
32.gif

Holy cow! Get a .5 carat and upgrade the apartment! How annoying...

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Well, you know there are lots of people out there who just care about SIZE!!! Heh. I just had a conversation about erings and someone said, "All I want is a 2 carat rock! I just want a big one! I don't care about the clarity cause no one is going to look at it under a magnify glass!" Others chimed in and said, "Me too! I want a 2 carat!" Is that the magic big size? I had to hold my tongue.
4.gif
I already gave her my speal about where to buy a diamond and how cut is the most important. I did not want to start going on about cut and diamonds at that moment because they would all think I'm a little nuts.

I've never heard of that show but would watch it if I can across it one day flipping channels.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i had a co worker that was up to her eyeballs in cc debt and drives a $40k car that holds a monthly payment of $700! when i got engaged two years ago, she looked at my ring and said when it''s time for her engagement, she wouldn''t accept anything less than 3 carats!
23.gif

i guess whatever floats their boat. i mean each to their own. it''s crazy, but what can you do? sit back and just watch.
9.gif

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 8:14:35 PM
Author: Milly
i had a co worker that was up to her eyeballs in cc debt and drives a $40k car that holds a monthly payment of $700! when i got engaged two years ago, she looked at my ring and said when it''s time for her engagement, she wouldn''t accept anything less than 3 carats!
23.gif

i guess whatever floats their boat. i mean each to their own. it''s crazy, but what can you do? sit back and just watch.
9.gif

3 carats?!?!!?! Oh.my.goodness. It''s really unfortunate how so many people just care about the size
38.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fabcrab, I saw that same episode and thought the same thing. But I think he represents a huge amount of young guys who don''t educate themselves on diamonds to begin with and just go in with x amount of cash/credit and will buy whatever quality stone they can get as long as it''s the size they know their girlfriend has been drooling over. Sad, really...why can''t everyone be as interested in diamonds and quality as we PS''rs are? I tell everyone I know about PS when we talk about jewelry or diamonds, and they just look at me like I''m totally nuts.
9.gif

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys,

14.gif
32.gif

2ct for $5,000? Isn''t that a very good deal? Heck I might jump on a 2ct if it was that price!
2.gif

I started a thread about this last week but many of my (younger) girlfriends all want at least 2 cts too. (Maybe this IS the magic number?) However, once they start working and seeing just how much a 2 ct diamond is in relation to their salaries, they start singing a different tune...

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
One of the other episodes I saw showed the guy calling his mom to come and meet him to go shopping. Little did she know he wanted her to go ring shopping! They looked at quite a few Tacori rings with him sweating bullets as the prices came up at the bottom of the screen. I guess he didn't realize how pricey it could be
2.gif
too funny! esp since the mom didn't seem too keen on hearing he wanted to propose to his girlfriend though she made a good recovery
20.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have seen two episodes of this show. i saw that couple where the girlfriend wanted a 2ct princess. I couldn''t believe when the jeweler gave it to him for that price to "include his story in his book." I''m sure the real reason was to get the publicity on the show, they showed the jewelers name AND the name of the jewelry store, and of course he saved the day by giving the guy the 2ct ring for the bargain basement price.
I have had several friends get engaged and the ones whose fiance''s are better off definitely have bigger rocks, 2.5 cts and up. My friends whose fiance''s dont have as much money have more modest stones. It''s easy to SAY you want a 2 ct but when you actually get to looking at prices and are older and work for a living, you realize that it may not be in reach.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
You know, I saw that episode. Bf and I were watching it (I usually have command o'' the remote) and I couldn''t believe this whole scenario. Great that he got what she wanted but in the beginning of the show she said she wanted a 2ct. eventually. I really would like to see the specs on that diamond.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey guys,

14.gif
32.gif

I saw this episode as well. For the most part it was really sweet, but what bothered me was that he waited *so* last minute to buy the ring. It was something he had to do in one day...and I do wonder what sort of color/cut/clarity his 2 carat 5k stone is...it looked okay in the pics, but the setting was ugly. She was thrilled though, so that''s what counts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results