shape
carat
color
clarity

I MATCHED IN HOUSTON!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
yea! I knew you would!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!! you musta been so stressed out! Another girl I know was waiting to match as well and she was complaining that the site was down. haha!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
OK Ginger, I''m here at Baylor about to go to CABS and seeing all the Match Day hullabaloo going on...we need an update!!! What program are you in???? I can''t wait to hear! Have a great day celebrating!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!
emrose.gif
GingerBCookie!
emrose.gif

Now you can rest a lil' easier and settle into that nice beautiful house of yours!
Initiate that Spa tub of yours and breakout the champagne!
WHOO~HOO!
36.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
WOOOHOOO!!! Sorry I didn''t get to this sooner, I was out of town and no puter access!!! SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Friday we shall celebrate!! :)

Way to go!!!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS BUT I''M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! LOL!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2006 2:09:24 PM
Author: HOUMedGal
OK Ginger, I''m here at Baylor about to go to CABS and seeing all the Match Day hullabaloo going on...we need an update!!! What program are you in????

Ginger,

I tried to help answer questions about what you will be doing next that have come up in the thread about receiving your MD, but I do not know in what field you are doing your residency. (In fact, until it came up in one of the threads about your residency, I did not know that physicians no longer did internships!)

Can you share what your field will be?

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgive me, Ginger! You did post about the area in which you wanted to specialize. You wrote:

"i''m doing internal medicine residency, then hoping to specialize in hematology/oncology. which is ANOTHER reason i want to stay in houston. baylor has a great heme/onc fellowship and of course, there''s MD Anderson, can''t beat that!!"

Sometimes I do not read for comprehension
2.gif

Deb
34.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Great news. This is one heck of a month for you
emstar.gif
emstar.gif
emstar.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations -- that''s WONDERFUL!!!

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
i know i''m weighing in late, but CONGRATULATIONS! for medical people who are generally "planners" to have our lives decided by some big computer is painfully stressful! houston is a great city for anything medical. their programs there are top notch! (my FI is houston trained).

AGBF,
we all still do internship. it''s just that it''s combined with residency in most cases. if you go into specialties like internal medicine, pediatrics, er, ob/gyn then internship and residency are in the same program so you automatically match in the same place for the entire 3 or 4 years. with other specialites like urology, radiology, orthopedics, ent you match into 2 separate programs, your internship in general medicine or general surgery (or a "transitional year" when you do a little of everything) then your subsequent residency. they tell you about both places on match day.

internship or the first year of residency is definitely miserable, but there have been a lot of efforts in the last few years to make it better. now programs have to average out to a maximum of 80 hours a week over the course of a month. while this is still a lot and you are always exhausted, it''s definitely an improvement. i was an intern in the late 90''s when new york passed the first laws limiting residency work hours. their limit was 108 hours a week. no, that''s not a typo. at the time i was working ~100 hours per week, but i couldn''t complain since the surgical residents were working ~120. while it sucks it''s an amazing opportunity. and no one should feel sorry for us because we went into it knowing that the hours would suck.

anyway, that was probably more information than you ever wanted, but thought i''d share.

back to the original topic... CONGRATULATIONS GINGER!! where did you match?

sdb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results