shape
carat
color
clarity

I keep wanting this.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I have been craving this ring for some time. It''s the Schlumberger Tiffany rope ring with four ropes and Xs in platinum with diamonds set in. What does anyone think? Is it nice - out of style? I have been wanting it off and on for over 10 years. I may just break down and buy it though I hate to pay the bad Tiff markup.

Here it is:

schlumb 4 rope.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beacon, I really like this ring! Personally I think yellow and white metals look great together, and add some diamonds--what more could you ask for? There is another Schlumberger piece similar to this that I've been lusting over for years and the only thing that stops me is I can never decide if I want it with all diamonds or with colored stones too. I hate to be an enabler here (OK, maybe not!) but I think you should get it!

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
I love it. I also like mixing the two metals. If it is something you have wanted for a long time, then yes you should get it and ENJOY it.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

get it....and take hand shots...lol lovely.
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you''ve wanted it for a long time and you still want it then I say Get it!!
9.gif
I agree with DJ, anything that is two-toned and includes diamonds..............well what are you waiting for?
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 3:15:07 PM
Author:Beacon
Is it nice - out of style?
I think it''s "nice" even though I wouldn''t choose it for myself. As to "in style" or not ... I dunno & I don''t think it really matters. David Yurman has been doing those rope styles for years also & recently did a bridal collection even ... and it seems like a PERFECT time for mixed metals ... as yellow gold "returns" -- yet platinum + diamonds sails on strongly.

Wanting something after 10 years certainly seems like a good sign!
1.gif
There are a few long-desired items I''ve got stashed in my synapses that are showing back up in fashion ... that darn Cartier rolling ring & DBY necklaces to name two
20.gif
-- though, I do wonder ... if I didn''t jump in the heat of lust, why jump now? Maybe something *new* is around the bend ...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ten years is an incredibly long time to lust after one ring!

I hate to jump on that "bad influence train", but I say go for it!
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 7:00:41 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Ten years is an incredibly long time to lust after one ring!

I hate to jump on that ''bad influence train'', but I say go for it!
1.gif

I agree. If you have loved it for the past 10 years, you will love it for at least 10 more.
2.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Buy it silly! I think it is a very pretty and classic looking! If you''ve liked it for the past 10 years, you''ll like it for the next 10 years!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
10 years of self-deprivation=high time you reward yourself! Didn''t you read the "disclaimer" when you registered about PSr''s being enablers? LOL! Honestly, I think it''s a beautiful and classic ring and obviously time has told that...Beacon, you need to satisfy that urge (and please please please, hand shots, ha!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Simply elegant and very wearable. Put your craving to rest and buy it!
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes - 10 YEARS? Buy it - nuff said!
16.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just wanted to ask, whether you would consider buying from Signed Pieces or not--they have a "wish list" you can fill out and if/when they get items in on your "list" they call you to see if you are still interested. Since you have waited a while already, sending your wish list and waiting for something to come your way might save you a few $$$$ (I have seen Slumberger pieces like this, on their site in past....)

cheers--Sharon

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I would totally buy it from SP if they had it. I did send them an email saying I wanted one if they had it in 5.5. I didn''t fill out that "wish list" though - maybe I better fill that out.

As for self restraint, as Harriet and others have aluded to - well - maybe. For the past years I would often buy jewelry at auction. Once you do this, it is super hard to buy retail cause of what I''ll call the ''value differential''
2.gif

So this item I just could not stand to buy cause I look at what the raw materials cost and what I could get for the same money at auction. Therefore I bought other things.

However times have changed. I cannot get such great super deals at auction anymore - I am not sure why this happened but it''s not the same thing as it once was. So, my mind is returning to this ring as an effective RHR that I could use for daily wear and would go with pretty much anything.

I did come across a cache of Schlumberger at an auction last year, but the rings were not my size. This ring cannot be sized so it has to be the right size to start with. Sigh, it looks like Tiff will get this sale
1.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you''ve SAVED money for many years by buying at auctions. Now the auctions are not as good. Time to take some of your SAVINGs and spend for a retail item you really really want. I bet you''d get alot of wear out of it.

Of course I''d fill out the SP wish list and give them some time to come up with it. But I''d set a waiting limit and then just buy it.

Cheers!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 10:37:38 AM
Author: Lorelei
Yikes - 10 YEARS? Buy it - nuff said!
16.gif
LOL...I totally agree!!

My sister-in-law has this ring. It is so gorgeous and classy. It is truly my favorite two-tone ring in the world...and I usually don''t care for them.

I was going to say to try to find one on the second hand market...but since it can''t be sized, then Tiff it is.

GO FOR IT!!!!!
1.gif

widget (enabling queen
2.gif
)

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beacon

I think it is beautiful. I don''t know much about whether it is in style or not. It looks in style okay to me. However, I would say if you like it and have done for 10 years it doesn''t matter if it is in style or not because it must be your style. Another vote for you to buy it because you love it.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 12:19:55 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
So you''ve SAVED money for many years by buying at auctions. Now the auctions are not as good. Time to take some of your SAVINGs and spend for a retail item you really really want. I bet you''d get alot of wear out of it.

Of course I''d fill out the SP wish list and give them some time to come up with it. But I''d set a waiting limit and then just buy it.

Cheers!
I adore your logic! It reminds me of a friend of mine who found out a repair in his home was going to cost $500 less than he first thought it would. So from his point of view he just "saved" $500 and was quickly thinking what new thing he would buy with his "profit"! So, by buying this other jewelry I have been *saving* money - I love it! Makes me feel very good about it - I think
19.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I KNEW I''d seen that ring before. It''s not exactly the same, but close. Diamond X ring

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you''ve waited long enough to determine whether or not this was a passing fancy. Go for it!
9.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
This ring is made in a number of formats; 3 rope, 4 rope, 6 rope. They come with diamonds on the Xs or no diamonds, all gold. This one appears to be a replica of the Schlumberger design.

They have been making these for a really long time so there are second hand ones out there. Wish I could find the 4 rope in the size I need. The 3 rope doesn''t look that good on me - too narrow.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 2:38:35 PM
Author: Beacon

They have been making these for a really long time so there are second hand ones out there. Wish I could find the 4 rope in the size I need. The 3 rope doesn''t look that good on me - too narrow.
My SIL''s is a four rope with diamonds...it''s yummy!
18.gif

Have you googled for estate sites that specialize in signed pieces (other than Signed Pieces, I mean)...maybe they have similar "wish lists".

It might take another 10 years though. Heck....I say go for a new one! You deserve it!!!!

widget

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
What size do you wear? Here''s one in 5 3/4

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
You know, you could just go get it at the store. You DO deserve it.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 3:13:13 PM
Author: oshinbreez
What size do you wear? Here''s one in 5 3/4
Hey - that''s it! I am sure 5.75 would be fine. It''s weird cause Tiffany told me they don''t make it in 5.75. But the estate website photos appear genuine.

I have to say they are not giving enuf of a discount! It''s only a small reduction from retail. But excellent call Oshin - I am sure they would be susceptible to an offer. Have you ever dealt with these guys? Are they any good?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I just called them. Nice lady there. She is quite firm on her price and if I want to return it there is a 20% restocking fee. Ouch! So I don''t know if it''s wise, if there were anything wrong with it I would be on the hook for big money.

They do have quite a lot of nice things on their site though.

She commented that they had just come back from the Las Vegas jewelry show and prices were so high. Maybe she was just saying that cause her price on that ring is rather high, but it does sound very possible.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never dealt with them, but admired some of their things. Why not ask if anyone has had any dealings with them? As far as a discount, with the little bit you save, you can get yourself another little something.
31.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 4:11:18 PM
Author: Beacon
I just called them. Nice lady there. She is quite firm on her price and if I want to return it there is a 20% restocking fee. Ouch! So I don''t know if it''s wise, if there were anything wrong with it I would be on the hook for big money.

They do have quite a lot of nice things on their site though.

She commented that they had just come back from the Las Vegas jewelry show and prices were so high. Maybe she was just saying that cause her price on that ring is rather high, but it does sound very possible.

On the website it says 10% restocking fee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results