carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
smitcompton|1339694751|3216164 said:
Hi Deco,
Your mothers complaints are somewhat accurate. You are just a number, they stick you alot, they send people around to make you feel better,(they don't), They can sound rude. I have never heard of a chemo treatment center that didn't have comfi chairs, mostly recliners. If you would promise to go with her, maybe that would help. And when necessary stick up for her./// Be kind to your mother, even if she is a pain. Tell her the most important person to care about her is herself. Screw everyone else. //I am trying to be helpful. I don't know if I succeeded.
Thanks for sharing your experience, Annette. I hope you & your son are doing well. Re: promising to go w/her --- I live about 11 hrs away by car & don't have a place to stay in their city. (Long story). She lives w/my father and one of my brothers (who is nearing 40 & recently diagnosed as schizophrenic. Even longer story.) My other four siblings plan to divide up supportive visits as we can. Three of them are far closer than I. And one is a nurse practitioner w/pediatric oncology experience. My dad has been with her for most of her appointments so far. I will do my best to be kind. And bite my tongue.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, I am sorry and hope she will get treatment. Sending huge hugs and prayers.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco,

I just saw your post. It may be that your mom is really scared about the thought of having chemo.

I know when I had ovarian cancer and I was told I would need a year of chemo...I totally freaked out and said I wasn't going to do it.

Maybe when your mother calms down and really thinks about it, she will make the right decision. I am sure this hit her like a ton of bricks, as it did me..many years ago. I decided to have the chemo and so glad that I did.

If I can help in anyway, please let me know.

Lots of love to you,

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco,
I am sorry to hear about your Mom. I don't know if it is possible can she get chemo at home??

Perhpas she is just in the denial phase and doesn't want to deal with all of this. Maybe in a few days she will see things differently??

Hugs to you.... Prayers outgoing to your Mom and your family.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems the only thing I write/use cheques for these days....is to pay speeding tickets! :oops: :o

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
isaku5|1339631619|3215727 said:
decodelighted|1339616457|3215593 said:
Tomorrow I'm going for my first visit to the surgeon who 'might' do the biopsy. I'm armed with both an ultrasound disc and a mammography disc. The lump was found by my doctor during a routine physical about three weeks ago. I'm hoping it's benign, of course, but if it is malignant, I've decided I will NOT have chemo. Radiation maybe, but NO chemo.

Isaku - I know you posted in response to Deco's situation and not to call attention to your own but I've been wondering how you're doing. Any updates you'd care to share?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1340046150|3218810 said:
Seems the only thing I write/use cheques for these days....is to pay speeding tickets! :oops: :o

Parking tickets for me! :wavey: And local taxes! I've almost forgotten how to write a check...

princesss

Ideal_Rock
*hugs* Deco.

I just want to cry. My BF was here for the weekend and he's gone now and even though the next few weeks are full of things to look forward to, I just want to curl up in bed and have him here with me.

ETA: In totally unrelated news, my apartment is a wreck and if I hated cleaning when I had a visitor coming, I really hate cleaning just so it's clean when I get back from vacation. Ugggggggh. Cleaning.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you have great things to look forward to, Princesss, even though you miss your boyfriend. How's life in Denmark (it is Denmark, right?)?

I'm doing the happy dance because we decided not to move. We're staying put for the time being. That makes me really happy because I didn't want to give up what we have and now we don't have to!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you have great things to look forward to, Princesss, even though you miss your boyfriend. How's life in Denmark (it is Denmark, right?)?

I'm doing the happy dance because we decided not to move. We're staying put for the time being. That makes me really happy because I didn't want to give up what we have and now we don't have to!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you get to stay put, Zoe! I know how it is when you are happy someplace and don't want to leave.

Life in Denmark is good! Things have been kind of crazy at work for a bunch of reasons, but they should settle down by the end of the week and I can just enjoy the last 2 months here and work my butt off. On top of that, I have a family vacation next week, a friend visiting for 2 weeks after that, then I'm off to England to visit BF and have to get to Sweden to see a friend of mine from HS. So that should take me into August, and then it'll be a flurry of going away parties and one last tour of a new city before I head back to the States (via England).

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our 14 year old cat got a very bad diagnosis from the vet last Friday and has since been declining in health and abilities. We are so sad about likely having to have him put to sleep tomorrow. :(

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry Mary Poppins. Hugs to you and your family.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1340249217|3220803 said:
Our 14 year old cat got a very bad diagnosis from the vet last Friday and has since been declining in health and abilities. We are so sad about likely having to have him put to sleep tomorrow. :(

So sorry, MP. Hugs to you & your family.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins, I'm so sorry :(sad

I'll be thinking of you today.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear this Mary Poppins, such a hard thing :(sad Hugs to you and your family.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Was cruising by the Estee Lauder counter--could have brought product or waited...but the gal was very sweet....I asked her if there were any "gifts" for me ;))...and she said she thought she could find soemthing ;)) .....I thought I would get one of those little packages of creme, etc....got home only to find a FULL lipstick, mascara, lip gloss, two bottles of night repair, night eye creme and two samples of lift creme and something else! HOLY MOLY! Thanks Estee Lauder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Total score!! Ya just gotta ask!!! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1340323357|3221442 said:
HI:

Was cruising by the Estee Lauder counter--could have brought product or waited...but the gal was very sweet....I asked her if there were any "gifts" for me ;))...and she said she thought she could find soemthing ;)) .....I thought I would get one of those little packages of creme, etc....got home only to find a FULL lipstick, mascara, lip gloss, two bottles of night repair, night eye creme and two samples of lift creme and something else! HOLY MOLY! Thanks Estee Lauder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Total score!! Ya just gotta ask!!! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon
that is great :bigsmile:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I notice that people are so unfriendly lately! sigh, oh well.

MP, I am sorry.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
How are you doing, Mary Poppins? I'm sorry.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sunburns hurt. A lot. I don't have any aloe. :(sad

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Must. Step. Away. From. My. Computer.
Must. Get. Into. Summer. Mode.

Can. Not. Seem. To. Do. It...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1340740954|3223990 said:
Must. Step. Away. From. My. Computer.
Must. Get. Into. Summer. Mode.

Can. Not. Seem. To. Do. It...
lol, why not Zoe?

I am reading 112263 JFK, it is interesting!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Skippy! :wavey: My brain won't shut off. I was at a training session last week for a new program we'll be starting in the fall, so I was busy with that. I also began my new blog last week (a completely new thing for me!), and I can't stop thinking about it. Adding to it. Finding cute clip art for it. Researching ideas for it. And on and on... I'll be busy in mid-July with two classes (each class is only a week long), and I know I'll be busy with that. I just want to read, get caught up on other things, and put work out of mind for a while, and I can't do it.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Why is it that (at work) people that act like they KNOW IT ALL, make the most freakin' mistakes! That I have to catch. And I have to tell them, nicely. Then they are snotty about it. :roll:

Today I had a client call me up and basically say "iLander, I only wanted to pay for you to do half the project, now the cheap idiots I hired to do the other half say they can't do it. Can you do it for free?"

Are you kidding me?!!

How much work would YOU do for free?

I am plagued by idiots. . . :nono:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
"The Chew" is perhaps the most annoying show ever.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just finished cleaning out my bathroom vanity drawers. Gawd. Where does all that crap come from? Gone are tubes of unused lipstick, neglected perfume, tons of cosmetics that seemed like a good idea at the time I bought them. I feel so.....cleansed. :praise:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1340837521|3224721 said:
I just finished cleaning out my bathroom vanity drawers. Gawd. Where does all that crap come from? Gone are tubes of unused lipstick, neglected perfume, tons of cosmetics that seemed like a good idea at the time I bought them. I feel so.....cleansed. :praise:

agree! very cathartic experience. my DH and kid collect toothpaste tubes. can't seem to throw them out...or use them up. :rolleyes:

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
A gf of mine who was at a wedding a few weeks back texted me 'OMFG, XX brought the stipper from the hens night as her date to YY's wedding'.

WTF??!!! Who does that?!?!?! :shock: :o

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results