carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 5:59:49 PM
Author: Maisie
I have come to the realisation that I will never have another baby. It hit me quite hard.
7.gif

That''s a mommy-hurt like no other.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I have come to the realisation that I will never have another baby. It hit me quite hard.
7.gif
{{{{Hugs}}}} Life's changes often throw us for a loop. Sorry that you are feeling down.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 6:10:02 PM
Author: packrat

7.gif

That''s a mommy-hurt like no other.
It is. And there are babies everywhere I look.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 6:10:53 PM
Author: trillionaire

7.gif
{{{{Hugs}}}} Life''s changes often through us for a loop. Sorry that you are feeling down.
Thank you Trill. I keep going through the options in my head. Maybe I could adopt (unlikely based on my history with depression) Or maybe a sperm donor (which goes against my religious beliefs). I need to accept this but its not easy.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 6:12:51 PM

Date: 2/1/2010 6:10:53 PM

7.gif
{{{{Hugs}}}} Life''s changes often through us for a loop. Sorry that you are feeling down.
Thank you Trill. I keep going through the options in my head. Maybe I could adopt (unlikely based on my history with depression) Or maybe a sperm donor (which goes against my religious beliefs). I need to accept this but its not easy.
You can just be like my parents and start haranguing your kids about grandchildren...
3.gif
It''s never too early to start!
31.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 6:21:49 PM

You can just be like my parents and start haranguing your kids about grandchildren...
3.gif
31.gif
Haha!! I can''t wait to be a grandma! I think I will be good at it!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 6:24:05 PM

3.gif
31.gif
I KNOW that you will be excellent! Very lucky little ones indeed!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 6:26:27 PM

Date: 2/1/2010 6:24:05 PM

3.gif
31.gif
I KNOW that you will be excellent! Very lucky little ones indeed!
Aww bless you. Thanks sweetheart. You are lovely!

As for your car, what a bummer. I always get nervous when lights appear on the dashboard! Mine says ''Inspection'' when I start my engine. I think (well I hope) that it just means it wasn''t reset after the service was last done. I didn''t use the main dealer so they couldn''t switch the message off. Of course I could be driving round with a problem. I hope not! I just had to replace one of the tyres as it was completely baldy! I didn''t even know till someone pointed it out!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie-I''ve been thinking of telling some of the moms I know with babies that I''d be more than happy to watch them while they run to the store or go get their hair done, etc. I don''t think my body could handle another pregnancy, so maybe this would satisfy the baby craving. We talked about adoption pretty seriously for a while, but it''s just not going to be in the cards for us. We also talked about being foster parents.

Trapper will be 3 in March..I think it will be even harder when he goes to preschool and then Kindergarten-it will really sink in then.

Hugs to you Maisie!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 6:37:59 PM
Maisie-I''ve been thinking of telling some of the moms I know with babies that I''d be more than happy to watch them while they run to the store or go get their hair done, etc. I don''t think my body could handle another pregnancy, so maybe this would satisfy the baby craving. We talked about adoption pretty seriously for a while, but it''s just not going to be in the cards for us. We also talked about being foster parents.

Trapper will be 3 in March..I think it will be even harder when he goes to preschool and then Kindergarten-it will really sink in then.

Hugs to you Maisie!
I would love to babysit. I didn''t even think of that! Its always nice to have someone who is available to help out. I know some parents prefer older babysitters than young kids.

It definitely does hit when your youngest goes off to school. I miss James so much. Add that to the fact that his speech is eventually coming on, he is less like a baby. I have 5 children. I feel guilty feeling this way considering other people struggle to conceive.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 4:33:36 PM
Author: meresal
Date: 2/1/2010 4:27:03 PM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

Fried pickles are the best thing EVER!!!
Do you prefer slices or spears???
31.gif

Mere, I''ve only had the slices, dipped in Ranch dressing-YUM!! And lol, no I wasn''t pregnant when I had them! I love pickles. I make a pasta salad in the summer with pickles in it, sounds weird but it''s so good.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe, I''ve actually never been to the Muddy River. These were from Dave & Busters.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 4:58:17 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Mer -- spoonfuls of butter? Really?! How on earth did you ever think of that one? Just wonderin'.
LOL! Yes, and when I didn't need a whole spoonfull, I just ran my finger thru the tub of butter. (The things you *think* no one notices when you are under the age of 10
12.gif
)

I think it started as one of my older siblings trying to get me to do something stupid, and not only did I end up liking it, she started sharing with me
9.gif

HH- The spears are great as well, and ranch dressing is a must! Actually pickles are my FAVORITE part of All-U-Can-Eat restaurants! I get an entire plate just of pickles. Also, pickles in potato salad is not weird. I love when there are chopped up pickles in mine.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 6:07:43 PM

Poor babies!

My husband had a vac after I had James (and his stillborn twin). I said I never wanted to go through losing another baby so he went ahead and had the procedure. We are quite similar you and I
1.gif

I know in my sensible head that its best not to have anymore babies.. even if I could. I am a carrier of Fragile X Syndrome and could have a baby with the full mutation (what a horrible way to put it!). I just feel so broody. I wish I could switch it off.
Maise,

I''m so sorry about James'' twin. Someone I know recently lost her full-term baby and I cannot imagine how excruciatingly painful that would be for anyone to experience.

As has been mentioned, being a grandparent is one blessing we have to look forward too. . .My older son is 9, so there is a few more years to go. Now, in the meantime, there are those dang guppies. lol

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 6:43:26 PM

I would love to babysit. I didn''t even think of that! Its always nice to have someone who is available to help out. I know some parents prefer older babysitters than young kids.

It definitely does hit when your youngest goes off to school. I miss James so much. Add that to the fact that his speech is eventually coming on, he is less like a baby. I have 5 children. I feel guilty feeling this way considering other people struggle to conceive.
Are you volunteering in you childrens'' school? Just going in for a one hour read a week really helps give you a chance to hang out with kids. I find that working with other kids is a lot of fun and there isn''t the pressure of trying to teach your own kids, you know? With my kids I try to be serious so they pay attention. . .with the other children we can talk about silly things while reading.
1.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry for your friend''s loss MC. It''s truly awful.

I did want to volunteer at the school but the teacher thought it wouldn''t be good for James. Something about blurring the lines between home and school. They said he is too clingy to understand I am there to help other children. I might ask about it again though. That was a little while ago and James has improved a lot since then.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 9:10:48 PM
I''m sorry for your friend''s loss MC. It''s truly awful.

I did want to volunteer at the school but the teacher thought it wouldn''t be good for James. Something about blurring the lines between home and school. They said he is too clingy to understand I am there to help other children. I might ask about it again though. That was a little while ago and James has improved a lot since then.
Just tossing out a few suggestions. . .possibly volunteer in the library when James is at recess or doing other activites. This will give you an opportunity to interact with other teachers, kids, and make new mommy friends. . .another is be a volunteer recess teach (again during time James is in another class.) so you can watch over the kids and chat with them without having the full-blown duties of a recess teachers (the recess teachers at our school all have walkie talkies and quite militant and kicked me off the playground one day because I didn''t have visitation''s pass on! lol (I was hoping to get a few candid shots of my kids playing!)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. I have the sniffles.
2. I hate having the sniffles.
3. I get the sniffles a lot.
4. I'm SO glad I chose not to go to med. school at that last minute... I'd have spent the vast majority of my time sick through rotations, let alone practice.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
it''s really difficult to make an origami lotus with printer paper- my fingers hurt
39.gif

must get nicer (thinner!) paper....

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
1/2 way thru my jury duty term, and I''ve called twice, but never had to report. A''course I prolly just jinxed myself.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 4:50:41 PM
1/2 way thru my jury duty term, and I''ve called twice, but never had to report. A''course I prolly just jinxed myself.

I just got my letter for jury duty yesterday.
20.gif
BUT, it''s for the city I used to live in. Apparently, that city hasn''t figured out I no longer live in that state. Guess I lucked out of my jury duty!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I''m eating chocolate and drinking wine...
30.gif

Darn you PMS!
11.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I might be the only person I know not watching LOST. Instead my bed looks far more exciting.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 10:09:20 PM
30.gif

Darn you PMS!
11.gif
I''m jealous
31.gif
! What kind of wine and what kind of chocolate? I''m thinking of opening a bottle of moscato wine, but no chocolates.
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 11:36:54 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I just wanted to thank everyone for kind thoughts and comments about my Hannah banana.. I don''t believe I properly did last week but needed not to talk about it for a few days.. I''m still teary about losing her and I hate seeing her spot empty.
face11.gif
Nonetheless.. thank you everyone for simply being very sweet. xo
We love you. It made us sad to know you are hurting.
lil%20hug.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 11:01:29 PM
Author: Luckyeshe

Date: 2/2/2010 10:09:20 PM
30.gif

Darn you PMS!
11.gif
I''m jealous
31.gif
! What kind of wine and what kind of chocolate? I''m thinking of opening a bottle of moscato wine, but no chocolates.
9.gif
Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Almond chocolates, and chardonnay. I''m a sucker for an icy white, even if I don''t do correct pairings!
31.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
SDL -

i''m so sorry about your dog. i love my dogs too and i get it.

i got the feeling from what you said about her life, that she wasn''t that old? how many years did you have her with you?

i''m sure you gave her a wonderful life and if she got to choose who to spend those years with, she''d have chosen you.

i hope there''s comfort in knowing you made her very happy during the time she was a member of your family.

and i loved the photo of her wearing the glasses :)

precious.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I''m watching the Golden Girls @ 5PM and I haven''t even gotten out of my pajamas yet! {and I don''t really care!}

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
<~~~~~~~Culprit

I was cuddling with saffron today being the best cat mommy ever, even gave him a treat in the middle of the day!

How does he repay me?

Sticks his little cat butt right in my face and lets one rip
38.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 11:32:05 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 2/2/2010 10:48:07 PM

Author: MonkeyPie

I might be the only person I know not watching LOST. Instead my bed looks far more exciting.

I''ve never watched it... EVER.

I''ve never seen Lost either. My husband wants to rent the series though, so I''ll probably get sucked into watching it at some point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results