I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Hang about diamonds and non-diamond issues that are not exactly related to diamond education and consumer’ assistance.

• 11009 posts • Page 60 of 3671, 2, 3, ..., 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, ..., 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, ..., 70, 80, 90, 100, 200, 300, ..., 364, 365, 366, 367

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Post by princesss » March 22nd, 2010, 5:52 am
Date: 3/22/2010 11:42:33 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I have a dilemma. My license expires on 4/4 and I just booked travel for 4/18 under my maiden name. I was going to put Stephanie maiden married on my new license, but the travel agent said it has to match exactly. Is this really that big of a deal?

ETA: I do have my passport with maiden name on it. That will work to get through security, right?

As long as you only need one form of ID, your passport will work. I actually feel weird flying using my license as my ID!
feels like some kind of ride but it's turning out just to be life going absolutely perfectly
Storypeople

Post by Lilac » March 22nd, 2010, 6:13 am
I have a dilemma. My license expires on 4/4 and I just booked travel for 4/18 under my maiden name. I was going to put Stephanie maiden married on my new license, but the travel agent said it has to match exactly. Is this really that big of a deal?

ETA: I do have my passport with maiden name on it. That will work to get through security, right?

This happened to me for our honeymoon - we went 6 months after our wedding, but the ticket was booked with my maiden name. What I didn''t realize was that I was changing my name on my license the month before because it was expiring so I couldn''t use the license for ID. The name on the ticket does need to match the identification exactly from what I''ve been told, so I took my passport (with my maiden name which matched the ticket) and it was fine. I hated carrying around the passport, but as far as the airport security goes, I had no problems with it.

Post by meresal » March 22nd, 2010, 6:29 am
I just got chewed out by a client of a client.

My boss has been working with this guy about some missed payments, and since my boss is on a conference call and can't answer, I got the call. Lucky me.

I love when men get mad and just want someone to yell at. Totally took me back to my investment days.

Post by Maisie » March 22nd, 2010, 6:31 am
I can''t reach to straighten the back of my hair now its getting longer. 

Post by Hudson_Hawk » March 22nd, 2010, 6:36 am
Thanks ladies, I know it was kindof a dumb question, but I got the eticket email and then said "oh s*it I have to get a new license!"

Bazinga!

Post by dragonfly411 » March 22nd, 2010, 7:29 am
Today I am blah blah blah. Kinda down... kinda happy...kinda tired.

but stoked that I have a new horse to put some training on!
I don't know anyone that can live without a place of enchantment to turn to - Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Post by LadyBlue » March 22nd, 2010, 7:41 am

One day my DH had the idea to flight for the night to Boston, I put a couple of things in my backpack and we went to the airport then I realized I did not have any valid ID. They let me fly anyways. They just checked my personal belongs by hand. It did not took more than 5 minutes.

So I''m sure there would not be any problem in your situation.

Post by LadyBlue » March 22nd, 2010, 7:43 am
I''m late 10 days, pregnancy test said negative. I hate to be tease in that way  Image

Post by Hudson_Hawk » March 22nd, 2010, 7:44 am
Date: 3/22/2010 1:41:04 PM
Author: gaby06

One day my DH had the idea to flight for the night to Boston, I put a couple of things in my backpack and we went to the airport then I realized I did not have any valid ID. They let me fly anyways. They just checked my personal belongs by hand. It did not took more than 5 minutes.

So I''m sure there would not be any problem in your situation.

LOL Gabby, that''s something DH would do, most definitely. I do know that while I can avoid the ID to check in by using the kiosk and not checking bags, to get through security they''ll want to look at my ID. I don''t want to get there and not have anything on hand. I think I''ll bring my passport.

Bazinga!

Post by IloveAsschers13 » March 22nd, 2010, 7:48 am
I love finding typos in published books.

Post by lilyfoot » March 22nd, 2010, 8:24 am
Date: 3/22/2010 1:48:37 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
I love finding typos in published books.

I know right?!

Post by Zoe » March 22nd, 2010, 2:08 pm
I''m in a really bad mood and not even chocolate pudding is helping.

Post by Yssie » March 22nd, 2010, 2:11 pm
I think I've looked at every 3ct SI2 thread here on PS. Googling just brings up the same archives threads.

Yesterday FI told his mother that my diamond would sparkle more than hers because it's an ideal cut. Image OMG, WRONG time and place, David!!
Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.
~H.D.Thoreau

Post by Maisie » March 22nd, 2010, 2:11 pm
Date: 3/22/2010 1:43:18 PM
I''m late 10 days, pregnancy test said negative. I hate to be tease in that way Image

Post by packrat » March 22nd, 2010, 2:18 pm
Zoe, I''m sorry you''re in a bad mood-must be pretty dang bad if not even chocolate pudding is working! Shall I tease you into a good mood?

Trapper turned 3 Friday. He was born on my favorite Uncle''s birthday-we picked this day especially (was c-section) b/c my Uncle had always hoped he''d have someone in the family born on his birthday..Uncle passed away in 2005, so Friday was a bittersweet day.

Post by Maisie » March 22nd, 2010, 2:20 pm
Date: 3/22/2010 8:08:55 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett

I''m in a really bad mood too.  Shall we go and let the air out of some tyres?

Post by April20 » March 22nd, 2010, 2:23 pm
I have a pair of pants I refer to as my "pajama" pants.  They''re dressy, but totally non-form fitting, so I wear them when I don''t want to wear "real" clothes or I''m flying somewhere and don''t want to mess with a dress/business suit on a plane.  I''ve had them about a year and am totally paranoid they''re going to get worn out so I actually went out today to find another pair.  This is sad.  And pathetic.  I used to dress so much cuter than this, but I''m just tired.

Post by OUpeargirl » March 22nd, 2010, 2:56 pm
I can''t stop eating. I feel like I can''t get full tonight. THIS IS NOT GOOD!!

Cellophane, Mr. Cellophane shoulda been my name...

Post by charbie » March 22nd, 2010, 3:36 pm
Date: 3/22/2010 8:23:36 PM
Author: April20
I have a pair of pants I refer to as my ''pajama'' pants. They''re dressy, but totally non-form fitting, so I wear them when I don''t want to wear ''real'' clothes or I''m flying somewhere and don''t want to mess with a dress/business suit on a plane. I''ve had them about a year and am totally paranoid they''re going to get worn out so I actually went out today to find another pair. This is sad. And pathetic. I used to dress so much cuter than this, but I''m just tired.

NY&Company City Knit. They can look dressy, but they are just oooooohhhh so comfy. I wear them when I''m not in the mood to put on stuffy, non-forgiving clothing.

Post by jas » March 22nd, 2010, 3:45 pm
Date: 3/22/2010 8:20:25 PM
Author: Maisie

Date: 3/22/2010 8:08:55 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett

I''m in a really bad mood too. Shall we go and let the air out of some tyres?

Me three.  I just am glad to not be alone in my foul mood.

Post by SanDiegoLady » March 22nd, 2010, 4:27 pm
I have complete understanding as to why animals sometimes eat their young.........

It is not our abilities that show what we truly are, it is our choices...

JK Rowling

Post by Vancity » March 22nd, 2010, 4:28 pm
I''m watching Entertainment Tonight...

Is it just me, or does host Samantha Harris look like Eddie Munster?

Gratitude
"A single grateful thought, raised to heaven, is the most perfect
prayer."
(Gotthold E. Lessing)

Post by arjunajane » March 22nd, 2010, 5:06 pm
I can''t stand lazy group members for university assignments Image

We have a 25 page report in two weeks, and I''m in the cruddiest group with two guys.
One never answers emails, the other doesn''t come to class.Image

Not. Cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It will be found, in fact, that the ingenious are always fanciful,
and the truly imaginative never otherwise than analytic.

Edgar Allan Poe

Post by trillionaire » March 22nd, 2010, 5:19 pm
Date: 3/22/2010 8:56:14 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
I can''t stop eating. I feel like I can''t get full tonight. THIS IS NOT GOOD!!

I tried one of those Full Bar things today... you eat one, and a glass of water 30 mins before your meal, and you are supposed to eat less.  I''ve been pretty full ever since!  I picked it up at Bed Bath and Beyond on a whim... don''t know where else they are sold...  linky

Post by Lilac » March 22nd, 2010, 5:21 pm
Date: 3/22/2010 11:06:52 PM
Author: arjunajane

We have a 25 page report in two weeks, and I''m in the cruddiest group with two guys.

Not. Cool.

I always HATE group projects for that exact reason! I always end up the only one who does work, yet somehow we all get the same grade Image Good luck on your assignment and I hope your group members shape up and start helping you out soon...

Post by arjunajane » March 22nd, 2010, 5:30 pm
Date: 3/22/2010 11:21:29 PM
Author: Lilac

Not. Cool.

I always HATE group projects for that exact reason! I always end up the only one who does work, yet somehow we all get the same grade Image Good luck on your assignment and I hope your group members shape up and start helping you out soon...

Thanks Lilac.Image
I have been blessed fortunately for the most part with good groups - until now.Image

I also have a natural tendency to take on a leadership role when no one else steps up; so now they likely expect me to do everything for them - well, not going to happen boys!Image

We do at least have a system where you put in an anonymous assessment of each group member''s performance with the report, so the marks can be modified accordingly.

You can bet if they don''t step up I''ll be filling that page UP, ha Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It will be found, in fact, that the ingenious are always fanciful,
and the truly imaginative never otherwise than analytic.

Edgar Allan Poe

Post by trillionaire » March 22nd, 2010, 6:29 pm
I can die a happy woman.

In the 80's, when I was growing up, a popular food was the 'Steak um'... basically a thin slice of beef, pulverized into thin sheets... think meat paper.  (I know, sounds tasty, right?)  It cooked faster than a jif and was great for learning to cook as a kid, and my dad LOVED them, so we'd have them often as a quick lunch.  People used them to make philly cheese steaks and the like.

Enter me, today at the grocery store... and there it was.  CHICKEN 'steak ums'!  Ok, not the same brand, but the same thing, but with chicken!  (I should mention that I don't eat beef anymore...)  OMG, every disgusting memory of eating this random "meat" as a child came flooding back, and I had to buy it. 

I've now eaten two chicken pitas (chicken, garlic, swiss and spinach), in all of their greasy and kind of gross glory, and I couldn't be happier... unless I made another one. 

And when I say that I 'can die a happy woman,' I moreso mean, I'm probably going to die tomorrow from eating this nonsense...

Post by kama_s » March 22nd, 2010, 6:42 pm
Date: 3/20/2010 7:57:32 PM
Author: bee*
ugh I just watched Hostel and now I can''t sleep-knew I shouldn''t have watched it.

Only the best movie EVER!
"Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one's values" - Ayn Rand

Post by kama_s » March 22nd, 2010, 6:43 pm
Date: 3/22/2010 1:43:18 PM
I''m late 10 days, pregnancy test said negative. I hate to be tease in that way Image

Image Sorry to hear that, Gaby. Hoping next month will bring you better news.
"Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one's values" - Ayn Rand

Post by Yssie » March 22nd, 2010, 6:46 pm
Date: 3/22/2010 11:30:06 PM

Date: 3/22/2010 11:21:29 PM
Author: Lilac

I can't stand lazy group members for university assignments Image

We have a 25 page report in two weeks, and I'm in the cruddiest group with two guys.

One never answers emails, the other doesn't come to class.Image

Not. Cool.

Thanks Lilac.Image
I have been blessed fortunately for the most part with good groups - until now.Image

I also have a natural tendency to take on a leadership role when no one else steps up; so now they likely expect me to do everything for them - well, not going to happen boys!Image

We do at least have a system where you put in an anonymous assessment of each group member's performance with the report, so the marks can be modified accordingly.

You can bet if they don't step up I'll be filling that page UP, ha Image

Ugh. I wound up doing a term project pretty much entirely by myself in a signals class.. one boy wrote the intro and conclusion (which I then had to edit because he misinterpreted most of my data), the other girl spellchecked the final paper and printed twenty copies for the class. And we all got the same grade. Image

Good luck AJ!! At least you can out them if they don't step up!
Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.
~H.D.Thoreau

11009 posts • Page 60 of 3671, 2, 3, ..., 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, ..., 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, ..., 70, 80, 90, 100, 200, 300, ..., 364, 365, 366, 367

« Return to Hangout