shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Now I"m debating on spending the extra $$ to get my stones here faster.... :think:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1464222872|4036314 said:
Now I"m debating on spending the extra $$ to get my stones here faster.... :think:
I prefer to get cheapest shipping options so I can put the money towards more bling... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1464225440|4036328 said:
Cozystitches|1464222872|4036314 said:
I prefer to get cheapest shipping options so I can put the money towards more bling... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah that was my thought too.....but 2-3 weeks....sooo long...... :boohoo:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My order was placed 4/25/2016; i was told it would take 2-3 weeks. I still don't have my 3 stone...man. :roll:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That was more than 2-3 weeks! :nono: I hope it comes soon! :D There was a bit of a mix up on the size of one of my stones so they are shipping it FedEx :D so I'll get it next week....not that I'm refreshing the page every day... :naughty:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I learned two new kicks tonight (two forms of one kick) at TKD and my instructor said they were beautiful and she thinks it's "my" kick. :praise: It was just me and Trapper at class tonight and those are my *favorite* classes. I love that extra attention and time to tweak techniques.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ZestfullyBling|1464310677|4036703 said:
My order was placed 4/25/2016; i was told it would take 2-3 weeks. I still don't have my 3 stone...man. :roll:

Where did you order from? Why are they saying it's taking longer?

It's SOooooo hard to be patient when you're expecting something blingy in the mail! ;(

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1464312345|4036718 said:
I learned two new kicks tonight (two forms of one kick) at TKD and my instructor said they were beautiful and she thinks it's "my" kick. :praise: It was just me and Trapper at class tonight and those are my *favorite* classes. I love that extra attention and time to tweak techniques.

If I ever had to walk a dark alley at night I would want you with me packrat (and probably your DH too :lol: )!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So proud of our new additions to the front yard! I hope they survive lolol :lol: we planted different colored heuchera in between the hosta that we planted last year. The tree roots were a pain to work around... :wall:

_3909.jpeg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like your heucheras! We've got a few, just two different colors, a bright green w/mahenge color blooms and a dark purpley w/off white blooms. They pair up nicely w/hostas don't they?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1464365305|4036986 said:
packrat|1464312345|4036718 said:

If I ever had to walk a dark alley at night I would want you with me packrat (and probably your DH too :lol: )!

hahahahaha when we play fight JD tells me "Remind me WHY I encouraged you to get a hobby that would teach you how to hit and kick me?"

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1464648304|4038281 said:
So proud of our new additions to the front yard! I hope they survive lolol :lol: we planted different colored heuchera in between the hosta that we planted last year. The tree roots were a pain to work around... :wall:

I have purple palace heucheras in my front two flowerbeds, mixed in with different colors of astibles (all in the pink/burgundy family) and hostas. The heucheras tend to grow like crazy and you'll find yourself with root systems above ground and in need of taming. They're a little bit tough to keep up with.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1464649209|4038285 said:
I like your heucheras! We've got a few, just two different colors, a bright green w/mahenge color blooms and a dark purpley w/off white blooms. They pair up nicely w/hostas don't they?
Yes! I love the heucheras with the hostas!

Btw, packy, when I win lotto and have Liz Taylor type bling, will you be my bling bodyguard? :naughty: :lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent the afternoon making a custom contoured base for a custom-made car booster seat for my kitty, Miss Maya. She travels back and forth to my father's house with me, 2 hours minimum each way. If I keep her in a carrier she basically gets hysterical and hyper-ventilates and begs to be let out the entire way, so I only keep her in the carrier long enough to ensure that she's done her business and then she's allowed out. When she was young and spry and I had my MINI Cooper, she'd sit on top of the carrier and look out of the window. Now she stays on the front passenger seat, but it's not high enough to allow her to look out the window, so...

I cut 7 layers of 1/2 inch thick closed-cell polyethylene foam to form a stable base in the seat. The first four layers are vary in size to fit the seat's vertical contours and provide a flat base for the next three layers, which are cut to the seat's horizontal contours. All of these layers, glued together, will provide a boost for...

two inches of super-dense polyester batting, also cut to fit snugly into the seat.

Next time I go to my father's house, I'll use my late mother's work room to sew an inner permanent cover and an outer washable cover for the whole mess, and add some straps to keep the thing firmly anchored to the seat.

I hope Miss Maya appreciates all of this! :lol:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always see the posts about some 'famous' person who died and I think-'who cares'. I have never met them. I don't know them. It bugs me that the world thinks that their lives matter more than the lady down the street who suddenly dies and no one ever knows her name.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The day after the wedding I attended (where my bling got no love, but the Cartier LOVE got noticed), DH and I went to Neiman Marcus so I could be "de-flowered" - Neiman-wise and exotic leather handbag-wise! I initially felt kinda ignored, but when an SA did come to help us, she was super nice, and she immediately complimented on my Miami Onion Roll (the EC) :lol: . "Beautiful ring!" I told her - "I want a crocodile bag!" while standing in front of the tiny Nancy Gonzalez display case. DH picked out the blue tote, and wham bam thank you ma'am we were done. I got a kick out of the fact that out of the group of people we came in with around the same time, we were the only ones who purchased and were a QUICK transaction. When we were done, there were 3 SAs across the way watching the transaction wrap up. Ha - I bet they wished they had come around quicker to help us because it would have been THEIR sale. nanny nanny poo poo :dance: OK - thank you for letting me get this off my chest. It felt like a not as snotty pretty woman moment.

Sorry - no modeling pics yet - it's in the closet right now, and I don't trust myself to put it back if I take it out, and i don't trust the kitten not to gnaw on it!
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Nancy-Gonzalez-Crocodile-Medium-Convertible-Tote-Bag-Navy/prod186700052_cat23940734__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FitemId%253Dcat23940734%2526pageSize%253D30%2526No%253D0%2526refinements%253D4294894804&eItemId=prod186700052&cmCat=product

I like that to the average person, it looks like it could be crocco print. I've decided that I don't like expensive items that are logo'd and obviously expensive lolol... hence my plan to give away the other 2 never carried LV bags to mom. I don't want to look like a mugging candidate while I don't have the stamina to run away.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooooooh -- Pinto! That is just DIVINE!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto Bean, You are cracking me up. You purchased a beautiful bag.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1465327466|4041286 said:
The day after the wedding I attended (where my bling got no love, but the Cartier LOVE got noticed), DH and I went to Neiman Marcus so I could be "de-flowered" - Neiman-wise and exotic leather handbag-wise! I initially felt kinda ignored, but when an SA did come to help us, she was super nice, and she immediately complimented on my Miami Onion Roll (the EC) :lol: . "Beautiful ring!" I told her - "I want a crocodile bag!" while standing in front of the tiny Nancy Gonzalez display case. DH picked out the blue tote, and wham bam thank you ma'am we were done. I got a kick out of the fact that out of the group of people we came in with around the same time, we were the only ones who purchased and were a QUICK transaction. When we were done, there were 3 SAs across the way watching the transaction wrap up. Ha - I bet they wished they had come around quicker to help us because it would have been THEIR sale. nanny nanny poo poo :dance: OK - thank you for letting me get this off my chest. It felt like a not as snotty pretty woman moment.

Sorry - no modeling pics yet - it's in the closet right now, and I don't trust myself to put it back if I take it out, and i don't trust the kitten not to gnaw on it!
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Nancy-Gonzalez-Crocodile-Medium-Convertible-Tote-Bag-Navy/prod186700052_cat23940734__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FitemId%253Dcat23940734%2526pageSize%253D30%2526No%253D0%2526refinements%253D4294894804&eItemId=prod186700052&cmCat=product

I like that to the average person, it looks like it could be crocco print. I've decided that I don't like expensive items that are logo'd and obviously expensive lolol... hence my plan to give away the other 2 never carried LV bags to mom. I don't want to look like a mugging candidate while I don't have the stamina to run away.

Note to self: figure out what PB does for work and find equilivent!!! (or sneak into her jewelry/purse closet and have a field day) ;-) That bag is AWESOME!!! At first I was meh, but THEN I saw that strap that sucked in the sides... swoon! :lickout: It's lovely! :D :D Don't you just love carrying nice things that you know are designer but others might not realize??? I love that! :D

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1465330185|4041301 said:
oooooooh -- Pinto! That is just DIVINE!!!
Thank you Dee*Jay! :wavey:
Calliecake said:
Pinto Bean, You are cracking me up. You purchased a beautiful bag.
Thank you Calliecake! :wavey:
Cozystitches said:
Note to self: figure out what PB does for work and find equilivent!!! (or sneak into her jewelry/purse closet and have a field day) ;-) That bag is AWESOME!!! At first I was meh, but THEN I saw that strap that sucked in the sides... swoon! :lickout: It's lovely! :D :D Don't you just love carrying nice things that you know are designer but others might not realize??? I love that! :D
Hahahaha - I'm a project manager Cozystitches. Isn't that wonderful - I get paid to be my control freaky self? If you lived closer to me, I'd let you play any day of the week! PSers GET it... :lol: I wouldn't trust a non-PSer to touch ANYTHING of mine!
The strap for cinching is what sold me, too! The first thing I asked the SA was, is this the same tote that can convert like the picture on my phone? Oh, it is - YAY! I kinda wish I was born with a cinching strap, too, for those bloated days. :naughty:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christian writer Ann Voskcamp has responded to the Stanford rapist case, and the rapist's father's letter to the judge, with an open letter to her own sons on her blog. I won't post links here, but one line particularly stood out for me:

When the prevailing thinking is boys will be boys — girls will be garbage.

I think that sums up the situation pretty succinctly.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a random comment...... I really hate getting to the last episode of a Netflix original show (the ones that they make only 10 to 12 episodes of) *knowing* that we're going to have to wait a whole year for new installments. Last night, I watched the last episode of Grace & Frankie, and while the writiers ended the season nicely, I still feel disappointed it's over so soon. I love all of the main characters.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Dupuis auctions are held twice a year in TO; and here is the latest results.

Some great values!!! (prices posted in CAN$$)

https://dupuis.ca/sale-results/

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1466610239|4046656 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

So what are you eyeballing??? :think:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whenever things at work get rough, I take a look at my rings and I instantly feel much better! :dance:

20160623_123520.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1466637183|4046908 said:
canuk-gal|1466610239|4046656 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

So what are you eyeballing??? :think:

That Buccelatti necklace/earring set went for what a pair of earrings normally sell for!! :o Hope someone else enjoys it!

cheers--Sharon

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
TDK test Saturday. Started feeling yucky today-I think anxiety/nerves setting in. We spent the first 20 minutes of class tonight talking about visualization and working on our minds to overcome those test jitters. Master said that she still gets that way, say the word test and she's chewing her nails and breaks out in a sweat, no matter how much she knows her stuff. The anxiety went away for now at least!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1466736906|4047383 said:
TDK test Saturday. Started feeling yucky today-I think anxiety/nerves setting in. We spent the first 20 minutes of class tonight talking about visualization and working on our minds to overcome those test jitters. Master said that she still gets that way, say the word test and she's chewing her nails and breaks out in a sweat, no matter how much she knows her stuff. The anxiety went away for now at least!

Good luck Packy :wavey: I know you'll do great! :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks tyty! Was a small test, just me and my son and two other kids. Went fast. Drenched, dripping sweat about 5 minutes in ha! It went well for all of us. Broke my board on the first try, and my break was a kick I just learned this rank so I was pretty happy. Started clapping for myself and then was like oh wait, humility, oops. :loopy: Such a good feeling.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1465327466|4041286 said:

What a gorgeous bag - I like that it's classic, but the blue color gives it a little twist. Enjoy!!! =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results