I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the tips freke!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 1:45:56 PM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange
[/i]I went to a hot sauce festival (small one) thing here last year. I tried a sauce that came in a little bottle. I tried about ONE drop and ohhhh man, a snow cone, water and I can''t remember what else, and about two hours later, my stomach settled down. It had jolokia, and two other HOT peppers in it. I LOVE spicy! I was weaned on spicy in Trinidad.
18.gif
I bet you are way more hardcore than I am! My husband doesn''t like spicy food, so I end up avoiding it more often than not, unintentionally. And as such, my heat tolerance has gone way down.
38.gif
39.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 2:23:53 PM
Author: meresal
Just wanted to say that I was born here in Texas, and am very proud to be a Texan.
9.gif

FYI- Freke: Beef on top of nachos with a little bit of lettuce are called Beef Nachos, not steak with nachos. Trust me, we know what a steak is in Texas, and it certainly doesn''t come in strips.
2.gif
I''ve seen it as a steak that is grilled and then cut into strips. Is this "Beef Nachos" prepared differently?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
(Not that I am any more educated on steaks, just because I am from Texas, I am just pointing out that Texans do not consider that plate a steak.)

ETA: Steak Nachos with Queso pured over the top is the epitome of Tex-Mex and I it!!!
18.gif
I don''t consider it a steak either.
33.gif
I''m not sure where you got that? Isn''t it just nachos with beef on top?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 2:27:52 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Just wanted to say that I was born here in Texas, and am very proud to be a Texan.
9.gif

FYI- Freke: Beef on top of nachos with a little bit of lettuce are called Beef Nachos, not steak with nachos. Trust me, we know what a steak is in Texas, and it certainly doesn't come in strips.
2.gif
I've seen it as a steak that is grilled and then cut into strips. Is this 'Beef Nachos' prepared differently?
That is "Beef Nachos". It's a regular nacho plate just with grilled strips laid across the top of the "pile".

It isn't ususally steak though. In Texas, the restaurants usually just grill Fajita meat... and don't use actual steak.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 2:30:50 PM

(Not that I am any more educated on steaks, just because I am from Texas, I am just pointing out that Texans do not consider that plate a steak.)

ETA: Steak Nachos with Queso pured over the top is the epitome of Tex-Mex and I it!!!
18.gif
33.gif
Sorry, I read this sentance and must have taken it a different way than you meant: "Don''t come to my state thinking all green chiles are jalapenos or poblanos, and that nachos always come with steak."

It sounded like you think all Texans expect nachos when they order a steak? lol.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 2:31:55 PM
I've seen it as a steak that is grilled and then cut into strips. Is this 'Beef Nachos' prepared differently?That is 'Beef Nachos'. It's a regular nacho plate just with grilled strips laid across the top of the 'pile'.

It isn't ususally steak though. In Texas, the restaurants usually just grill Fajita meat... and don't use actual steak.
Ah. Good to know. I've seen it that way in more expensive restaurants.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 2:34:23 PM

18.gif
I don't consider it a steak either.
33.gif
I'm not sure where you got that? Isn't it just nachos with beef on top?
Sorry, I read this sentance and must have taken it a different way than you meant: 'Don't come to my state thinking all green chiles are jalapenos or poblanos, and that nachos always come with steak.'
It sounded like you think all Texans expect nachos when they order a steak? lol.
I see it now! Yeah it does sound like that's what I meant! Here nachos can have all kinds of protein on them. Chicken, ground beef, shredded beef, grilled beef, shrimp, fish, etc. People of an eastern persuasion (
2.gif
) tend to just like grilled beef on them. From what I can tell.
1.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i just told a little white lie. and it makes me feel super guilty. uggh.
i blurted out that something at work was changing, and i wasn''t supposed to say anything yet (yet wasn''t aware i wasn''t supposed to say anything).
then when i was approached about it, i just sort of skirted the issue, and now i feel bad for not just saying, "yup. i said something."

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 2:25:51 PM

Date: 2/24/2010 1:45:56 PM
[/i]I went to a hot sauce festival (small one) thing here last year. I tried a sauce that came in a little bottle. I tried about ONE drop and ohhhh man, a snow cone, water and I can''t remember what else, and about two hours later, my stomach settled down. It had jolokia, and two other HOT peppers in it. I LOVE spicy! I was weaned on spicy in Trinidad.
18.gif
I bet you are way more hardcore than I am! My husband doesn''t like spicy food, so I end up avoiding it more often than not, unintentionally. And as such, my heat tolerance has gone way down.
38.gif
39.gif
I think my tolerance has gone down too since moving to the US...and with age. I used to put hot sauce (home made with habaneros or scotch bonnet) on EVERYTHING. Now, since learning to appreciate good food, I only do it to help not so great food along or food that could use a kick. Because I limit how often I use it...my tolerance is lower. I still like the "high" of eating HOT stuff!! My favourite stomach burning inducing food is a SPICY wing!! mmmm I''m making myself drool at the thought.

My fiance likes hot stuff, but he sweats like he just worked out for an hour when he eats hot stuff.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
My dog ate my library books. SERIOUSLY???!??!?!

W.T.F!!!!!?!?!!!!

29.gif

Lord help me find PETA''s number before I kill the dog...

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 2:34:23 PM

18.gif
33.gif
Sorry, I read this sentance and must have taken it a different way than you meant: ''Don''t come to my state thinking all green chiles are jalapenos or poblanos, and that nachos always come with steak.''

Yeah, that''s what I got from this too.

At tex mex places you can get "steak" meaning grilled fajita meat on top, instead of ground beef.

I LOVE good steak medium rare. My favourite place, that I''ve been, is Pappas Steakhouse, and their crab mac and cheese!! *drool*

meresal

Ideal_Rock
BBO- You HAVE to go to Chart House!!! The first two times I ate at this restaurant was in Dana Point, CA... but they built one in Kemah!
18.gif
Delicious!

Freke- What are these "other" protiens you speak of? Do they "Mooo" as well?
2.gif

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 3:13:19 PM
BBO- You HAVE to go to Chart House!!! drool!!! The first two times I ate at this restaurant was in Dana Point, CA... but they built one in Kemah!
18.gif
Delicious!

Freke- What are these 'other' protiens you speak of? Do they 'Mooo' as well?
2.gif
Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely try it out. My FI and I are always up for a great steak.

ETA: Looks like a great seafood joint! Yumm!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Just got out of a meeting and my last day is officially on friday this week, ugh, ugh, double ugh

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 3:38:45 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
Just got out of a meeting and my last day is officially on friday this week, ugh, ugh, double ugh
Smurfy. I'm so sorry.
7.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know what a squeaky is but it sounds like a good thing, thanks VR
1.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 1:15:43 PM

Date: 2/24/2010 12:45:41 PM

Date: 2/24/2010 12:41:08 PM
Freke and BBO- Has this bled over from another thread? Am I missing something?

I''m not really sure where the state bashing came from but it seems a bit out of the ordinary?
I''m not bashing another state. I just randomly stated my defense of Texas, thus choosing the random comment thread.
No intentional state bashing meant here. I was just trying to explain why the vast majority of New Mexicans don''t like Texas in general.

Speaking of, this probably has something to do with all of the ''cowboys''/oil tycoons (can''t miss them with their tight jeans, giant shiny belt buckles, giant 10 gallon hats, and cowboy boots that have never seen the flank of a horse) coming to NM from west Texas to get a taste of ''the natives''.

I wish I were joking.
14.gif
Since this topic seems to have generated quite a bit of interest, may I suggest to anyone interested in continuing the state bashing/defending discussion...

please...

get a thread!
2.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 3:58:46 PM
1.gif
My cat''s name. Sorry. I caught it, but you were faster than I was!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 4:01:18 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Date: 2/24/2010 3:58:46 PM

1.gif

My cat''s name. Sorry. I caught it, but you were faster than I was!
hahaha

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eh.
Gashed my thumb open while washing dishes bc I got my entire HAND stuck in the glass. While pulling it out, shattered and hurt myself! Great
7.gif
. Can''t finish the dishes. What makes it BETTER is my bf lives in Canada and he has no first aid kit
23.gif
. Now I get to walk to the store. Get the first aid kit stuff, in a foreign country. I know it''s just Canada...but its not as easy as if I were home.
14.gif

Stupid broken glass. Grrr.

At least my honey will be home to kiss my boo boo
31.gif
! If I was home he''d have to kiss it via web cam.
20.gif

É

étoile

Date: 2/24/2010 4:34:59 PM
Author: redrose229
Eh.
Gashed my thumb open while washing dishes bc I got my entire HAND stuck in the glass. While pulling it out, shattered and hurt myself! Great
7.gif
. Can''t finish the dishes. What makes it BETTER is my bf lives in Canada and he has no first aid kit
23.gif
. Now I get to walk to the store. Get the first aid kit stuff, in a foreign country. I know it''s just Canada...but its not as easy as if I were home.
14.gif

Stupid broken glass. Grrr.

At least my honey will be home to kiss my boo boo
31.gif
! If I was home he''d have to kiss it via web cam.
20.gif
Oh no, I hope it''s not too bad. I''m so clumsy I''m injured almost daily. Well good luck navigating the streets of Canada.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
<----- does not understand people.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks VR!

I''m sorry Smurfy! I hope something comes along soon.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 3:59:51 PM
Since this topic seems to have generated quite a bit of interest, may I suggest to anyone interested in continuing the state bashing/defending discussion...

please...

get a thread!
2.gif
Except that it was over at least an hour before you posted this.
33.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smurfy, the reason I asked about Tanoan is because A) it's the biggest and highest priced gated community here in ABQ and B) it's on a golf course. And they golf year round here, even though there is a bit of snow on the ground.

I would also try some New Mexican food (Gardunos hardly counts). But Old Town is where the tourists go, and for good reason. They used to have a Christmas store (open year round) but I don't know if it's still there or not. They also have The Candy Lady, and "she" makes great chocolate dipped strawberries, and I believe she has a *naughty* candy section.
31.gif
Entertainment worthy at least.
2.gif

I would say that would take up to a half a day to a day.

There are a lot of other things to do, but it really depends on what you guys want to do! If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
1.gif

ETA: Oh no about your job! No good. No good at all.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 6:38:18 PM
Smurfy, the reason I asked about Tanoan is because A) it''s the biggest and highest priced gated community here in ABQ and B) it''s on a golf course. And they golf year round here, even though there is a bit of snow on the ground.

I would also try some New Mexican food (Gardunos hardly counts). But Old Town is where the tourists go, and for good reason. They used to have a Christmas store (open year round) but I don''t know if it''s still there or not. They also have The Candy Lady, and ''she'' makes great chocolate dipped strawberries, and I believe she has a *naughty* candy section.
31.gif
Entertainment worthy at least.
2.gif

I would say that would take up to a half a day to a day.

There are a lot of other things to do, but it really depends on what you guys want to do! If you have any other questions, I''d be happy to answer them.
1.gif

ETA: Oh no about your job! No good. No good at all.

I wouldn''t be surprised if they lived in Tanoan then lol
Without saying too much, his uncle is a ceo of a verrrrrry popular household brand. Plus they love to golf so I wouldn''t be surprised by that aspect either
1.gif
Those strawberries sound soooo good right now, I will have to get dh to go there with me
3.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 3:08:51 PM
Author: trillionaire
My dog ate my library books. SERIOUSLY???!??!?!

W.T.F!!!!!?!?!!!!

29.gif

Lord help me find PETA''s number before I kill the dog...
Oh no! I hope it wasn''t an expensive book. If your library has one of those "grace" days where they excuse fines, maybe you can return it then.
1.gif

We kept my IL''s dog for a week last month. Their stupid dog ate nearly all of a $30 coupon good for ANY purchase at Jos A Banks. I almost killed him. He got on the couch and over to the end table to get the coupon. It''s not like it got dropped on the floor and he found it. Thankfully, I caught him before he ate the part that said the amount and they honored it even though it was all chewed up....

Dogs- can''t live with them, can''t live without them.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 6:27:09 PM
Date: 2/24/2010 3:59:51 PM

please...

get a thread!
2.gif

Except that it was over at least an hour before you posted this.
33.gif

That''s probably a good thing, because if it was still ongoing I would have posted a few choice comments and stories about living here in Lubbock that would have made people''s eyes smoke when they read it.
38.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results