shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Cozystitches!!! Never underestimate the power of PS dust --- I firmly believe in it! Hoping your path takes you where you find the most joy and fulfillment!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1461100904|4021370 said:
Thank you all for your prayers and dust! I PASSED!!!!! I needed a 220 to pass, and I earned a 229. :D It was close, but it doesn't matter to me as the money and time I spent were worth it! Now to wait more information that will hopefully lead to where I'm wanting to go. :)

Nice work! Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches said:
Thank you all for your prayers and dust! I PASSED!!!!! I needed a 220 to pass, and I earned a 229. :D It was close, but it doesn't matter to me as the money and time I spent were worth it! Now to wait more information that will hopefully lead to where I'm wanting to go. :)

Congratulations CozyStitches! You did it! :appl: :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just posting my worry here because I don't want to start a new thread for this.

If I can get some PS dust for my feral kitties at the beach I would greatly appreciate it.
There is rescue woman (Ann) there who is trying to trap them to get them neutered/spayed and vaccinated and she got one of them (Sprite) and perhaps another and she is stopping for now. I have 6. The Veterinarian appointment is not till April 29th.

So I am asking for DUST for a few things. Dust that Sprite makes it through this ordeal OK. So traumatic trapping them and he was so upset. And now he has to wait till the 29th for his appointment. :cry:
And that Ann manages to get the other kitties too.
I don't think she will be getting the others this go around as she has lots of feral communities she is trying to TNR but really hoping my ferals don't have babies as we already have too many dear kitties that are homeless and struggling.

Another concern of mine is that the kitties will return once released to eat at our feeding station because it is a good one and even Ann said she has never seen such a good feeding station and that our ferals are well fed and sheltered (though I am not sure they are using our shelter). My worry is they won't come back to our feeding station because that is where Ann is trapping them as she has no other choice. It is where they hang out on our property and it is the only place legally she would be able to trap them and it makes the most sense to do it near our food or else she wouldn't be able to get them. The ferals are pretty smart. They have to be to survive but the food and fresh water we give them is critical to their survival.

Thank you all so much and I am sorry about asking for more dust but there always seems to be the need for it and it does have magical powers. Fingers crossed all the ferals make it through OK and get safely neutered/spayed and vaccinated and released back into the environment and will continue eating at our feeding station.

Adding a pic of Sprite from 2 nights ago. The day before Ann trapped him. He was so happy just enjoying the mild weather and sun. Hanging out chilling.
And adding pics of the feeding station with the cats in action. Keeps the raccoons out and big enough for the cats to squeeze in and eat safely.

_3197.jpeg

_3198.jpeg

_3199.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOTS and lots of kitty dust, Missy! I think it's a good thing that Ann is trapping them. That way, it's some stranger that disrupted their lives, not you and your DH - the people they see and smell around their home.

CONGRATULATIONS Cozystitches!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, you already know I'm sending tons of dust and good wishes but it bears repeating! Big hugs to you, I'm sending you thoughts of comfort, you have handled all of this really well and just remember you're doing the right thing, and the best thing, for the kitties!

Cozystitches, I'm thrilled for you, congratulations! Well done! :appl:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on passing your test, Cozystitches! I hope you get where you want to be.

Sending loads of dust to your feral kitties, Missy - health, healing and return to feeding station dust.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of dust for your feral babies. I think they will go/stay where there is food. I wouldnt worry too much about that. I hate
that the one has to stay caged up until the 29th but I know it is for his (and the feral cat population's) own good. :( I wish she
could have caught a female instead. That would have made sure at least one kitty wasnt having any more babies.

Good luck with your feral kitties. You are doing a good thing even though it doesnt always feel good.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1461100904|4021370 said:

Great news! Congratulations!!!

Q

Queenie60

Oh Missy - sending lots of kitty dust your way. I feel for you and Ann and the cats. I have rescued a few over the past few years but they weren't feral cats, abandoned cats. There are many feral cats along the walking trail in my community and there's a nice group of people who have trapped and spayed them. They seem to be well fed. So nice that you were able to make a feeding station and shelter for them. Wishing you the best. :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My little garden is planted! I need to get compost and mulch. It's all Greek to me lolol, but I will do it!

_3229.jpeg

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, although I passed my test, there are no positions where I want to go. ;( Today I am very sad about this, but I need to start focusing on next year.... Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers over this ordeal.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well dangit CS, I am so sorry to hear that - I know you're disappointed and I hope you feel better about it soon- hang in there and hugs to you.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Junebug17! Its hard because I wanted it soooooo bad. Today I cry, tomorrow I focus on ALL the GOOD parts.

Oh, and I may be pulling the trigger on some CS stuff, cause I need some jewelry pick me up. ;-) Good note: I still have a job (and got my contract today). :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozy, Sorry it didn't work out exactly like you had hoped but congrats on getting the contract and doors will open at a future time. Good for you having passed the test!

Thank you Pinto, Mary Poppins, Junie, Tyty, and Queenie for all your good wishes for the Ferals. Really appreciate it!

Pinto, love your sweet garden. :love:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"A" is finishing up 10th grade with 15 college credits and almost enough to graduate high school. Just took her college placement tests and scored high enough to get into college English and.... Calculus.

She is in algebra 2 this year. Studied extra on her own using Khan Academy. She made it through algebra 1, geometry, algebra 2, trigonometry, probability & statistics, and pre-calculus. She will get to skip several official classes and jump right into the calculus series.

Planning to do full time college next year (11th grade) and the next. Good things ahead for her!

Q

Queenie60

TooPatient|1461291159|4022292 said:
"A" is finishing up 10th grade with 15 college credits and almost enough to graduate high school. Just took her college placement tests and scored high enough to get into college English and.... Calculus.

She is in algebra 2 this year. Studied extra on her own using Khan Academy. She made it through algebra 1, geometry, algebra 2, trigonometry, probability & statistics, and pre-calculus. She will get to skip several official classes and jump right into the calculus series.

Planning to do full time college next year (11th grade) and the next. Good things ahead for her!

That's so great! Feels good when your children succeed! She's a smart cookie! :appl:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

As someone who took TWO basic math courses to qualify entry to college, I BOW before her. Impressive!

So my son painted my bedroom after I finally picked out a shade of paint {Ralph Lauren Pendant} and I have to say he did a great job. Now I'm in the market for the soft furnishings and spending a lot of time in the Shabby Chic website. I also need a new floor, but that's the absolute last thing I will be going for.

and FINALLY:

New GAME OF THRONES season begins Sunday night. I'm positively giddy.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient - your "A" is so impressive!!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy -- how are your kitties doing? I've been thinking of them. Hoping she is able to catch the rest and that all recover easily and still trust your home. Your feeding station is so well thought out!

Cozy -- Sorry it didn't go as hoped. Still, you passed and that is a massive achievement. Good luck as you keep going.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1461338908|4022439 said:

As someone who took TWO basic math courses to qualify entry to college, I BOW before her. Impressive!

So my son painted my bedroom after I finally picked out a shade of paint {Ralph Lauren Pendant} and I have to say he did a great job. Now I'm in the market for the soft furnishings and spending a lot of time in the Shabby Chic website. I also need a new floor, but that's the absolute last thing I will be going for.

and FINALLY:

Pinto & Queenie -- Thank you!

Amber -- Me too! I worked hard and still started in college algebra. I ended up taking 3 math classes that did not count for my degree just to get up to calculus.

She is so very excited. If you remember, we finally got custody of her 3 1/2 years ago. She could barely do basic single digit addition. She was in the special needs classes and her mother had deemed her "brain damaged" and incapable of ever being able to learn. We've helped push her but also made her take time for fun and enjoying life. She is super smart but also needs to appreciate the joys of life. Her goal is to get into animation Or computer software.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish James Meyer still worked w/customer stones. :sick:

Outside project planning has been completed so now begins the work so we can get finished and begin the indoor remodel! :appl:

Q

Queenie60

TooPatient|1461456679|4022920 said:
Amber St. Clare|1461338908|4022439 said:

and FINALLY:

Pinto & Queenie -- Thank you!

Amber -- Me too! I worked hard and still started in college algebra. I ended up taking 3 math classes that did not count for my degree just to get up to calculus.

She is so very excited. If you remember, we finally got custody of her 3 1/2 years ago. She could barely do basic single digit addition. She was in the special needs classes and her mother had deemed her "brain damaged" and incapable of ever being able to learn. We've helped push her but also made her take time for fun and enjoying life. She is super smart but also needs to appreciate the joys of life. Her goal is to get into animation Or computer software.
TooPatient: You're a wonderful mom! It's great that you brought out the best in this young lady. It's good to know that there are wonderful people out there doing their best for the children - they are our future! Best to you. :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Le sigh... I took off my Fitbit bracelet and popped the Fitbit out to rinse soap residue off from washing my hands. I left both pieces on the dish drying mat on the kitchen counter. I heard a cat knocking around something plastic and hard and didn't think much of it. I went back to the kitchen to get something to eat and that's when I noticed the bracelet sans Fitbit. Thanks kitties. It's night time so I can't see the black Fitbit too well. I hope a kitty finds it. Grrr...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1461456022|4022918 said:
Missy -- how are your kitties doing? I've been thinking of them. Hoping she is able to catch the rest and that all recover easily and still trust your home. Your feeding station is so well thought out!

Hi TooPatient, first of all wonderful news about A and you are a terrific mom! So happy you guys have her and are raising her now. :appl:

Thank you for asking about my ferals and I have some big news about Sprite.

Just as a recap only 2 of my ferals Sprite and Sammy (we have 6 and now it seems a 7th but that's another story) have been trapped and the others will not be trapped for a while as Ann is at max capacity right now. Anyway the day or 2 after she trapped Sprite she came home and found that Sprite had given birth to kittens!!! OMG We were all completely shocked as Sprite didn't look pregnant. Ann thankfully will be holding onto Sprite and her kittens until the kittens are weaned and then we will be searching for good homes for the kittens as we don't want to release them to the wild if they are socialized.

To that end if anyone is interested in adopting kittens in 2-3 months please let me know. We will socialize them and only adopt them if they are friendly so keep that in mind. We will also take care of all the neutering/spaying fees and vaccination fees etc. So if there is a PSer who might be interested please contact me! I have a listing on loupe troop where you can contact me directly. We would be good with bringing them to anyone located in the NY/NJ/Connecticut area or not too far away if you are located somewhere else. Anywhere within a few hours driving distance is A-OK! And if you are not that close in distance maybe we can figure it out if you really want to give a loving home to the kittens.

https://loupetroop.com/listings/other/for-rainwood-and-aztonie

This Friday Ann is bringing the ferals she trapped last week including Sammy but not Sprite obviously as Sprite cannot be spayed until she is done nursing the babies for the neutering/spaying/vaccination etc and then the ferals will be released when they have healed. And hopefully Ann will get back to her trapping and some of my other ferals will be trapped and neutered. Fingers crossed! It is kitten season and I am so concerned that all the other ferals will start having babies.

Pinto, hope you find your fitbit.

Packrat, good luck with your indoor remodel.

Amber, glad your son did a great job for you re painting your bedroom. He stepped up to the plate and maybe there are more jobs he can do for you now.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sitting in my own bed with my cat snoring gently on my lap. Life could be worse!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1459902686|4015943 said:
I believe in the power of PS dust and am hoping there may be a few believers out there who are willing to send a sprinkling of it this way, for my DD tomorrow. She is writing her registration/licensing exam and needs a certain grade to pass. This is it - this is the final test and then it is over. She has attempted it before and was not successful, so a lot is riding on this 3 hour exam tomorrow.

If anyone has some spare PS dust they'd like to send our/her way... I'd be very grateful for all the good wishes and luck it brings!! Please think good thoughts for my wonderful daughter, as she has worked SO VERY HARD to get to this point. :halo: :saint: :halo:

For the first time, she left the exam and gave my DH a thumbs up and a smile - we were so excited that she felt confident this round, but we had to wait out the weeks until we heard the final decision. The results were supposed to take a max of 4 weeks to be calculated, but... we got the news yesterday .... and ... SHE PASSED!!! SHE MADE IT!!! I'm so proud of my beautiful, smart, wonderful DD!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: All of her hard work, the disciplined study routine and the prep work she did prior to writing the registration exam on April 6th, it all paid off! WOO HOO! She has two very proud parents floating on air - just like her! She is so happy!

I just wanted to come back and thank you for your thoughts and the magical PS dust that you sent her way - THANK YOU PSers for your support!!! :halo:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of great news in this thread!! :bigsmile:

CONGRATS cozy!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

And CONGRATS to Enerchi's daughter!!!!! She must be over the moon :bigsmile: :appl: :appl:

And TP - "A" is doing a remarkable job, you must be so proud ::) That's awesome and impressive!!!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

On a scale of happy news, this is a 10. Congrats to "A" :appl: :wavey:

Q

Queenie60

img_1822.jpg

img_1819_0.jpg

Blooms from my garden. Been working very hard to keep the roses dead headed so that I have new growth. Paid off and this is what I'll have for several weeks!!! Spring is in the air.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results