Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1419386783|3806894 said:
TooPatient|1419379098|3806803 said:
Posting from my new LG G3!

Cheers to new technology!

(We need a clinking cocktail emotie!)

That emotie would get lots of use!

My old phone had a cracked screen and was due to be upgraded over a year ago. Just got the G3 for free PLUS one of their 8.3" tablets free. They will ship the tablet to me next week since they were all out at all of the stores in the area.

Didn't enjoy arguing with them to get the phone free, but it worked out. The website showed it free but the guy tried to get me to pay $99!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aargh, completely unexpectedly, I have fallen hard for a CS ring on Joe Escobar's website, it is in my ring size, I can afford it... but I *just* bought a pretty diamond cushion I have yet to set, and I'm a CS nut to boot, so I already have plenty of loose colored gemstones sitting in my collection box just waiting to be mounted and worn. What to do, what to do.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1419388721|3806933 said:
Aargh, completely unexpectedly, I have fallen hard for a CS ring on Joe Escobar's website, it is in my ring size, I can afford it... but I *just* bought a pretty diamond cushion I have yet to set, and I'm a CS nut to boot, so I already have plenty of loose colored gemstones sitting in my collection box just waiting to be mounted and worn. What to do, what to do.

Well.... since this CS is already set and you love the ring AND it is in your size I think you need to buy it :bigsmile:

My logic: You love it. It isn't going to sit waiting for a setting. You can wear it as soon as you get it.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1419369193|3806689 said:
Instead of probiotics you might want to try cultured vegetables. There is no knowing what you really absorb with the probiotics vs eating the cultured veggies. At least that is what I think.

http://www.culturedvegetables.net/Cultured-Vegetables_c3.htm;jsessionid=3FB4B1FE6B5F43283F071DF81D07BC84.m1plqscsfapp03

Interesting! I hadn't heard of those.

Will have to go read more about them. I wondered about absorption with the probiotics too. I don't think you absorb the full thing?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1419387074|3806902 said:
Dee*Jay|1419386783|3806894 said:
TooPatient|1419379098|3806803 said:
Posting from my new LG G3!

Cheers to new technology!

(We need a clinking cocktail emotie!)

That emotie would get lots of use!

My old phone had a cracked screen and was due to be upgraded over a year ago. Just got the G3 for free PLUS one of their 8.3" tablets free. They will ship the tablet to me next week since they were all out at all of the stores in the area.

Didn't enjoy arguing with them to get the phone free, but it worked out. The website showed it free but the guy tried to get me to pay $99!

143.gif

Cheers ladies! Congrats TP! :appl:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Took my kids to see Big Hero 6 tonight and it was so cute and funny! Highly recommend it if you haven't seen it already. :)

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and my head is POUNDING! I suffer from pressure headaches and the weather here is killing me! :cry:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
two_little_birds|1419390074|3806961 said:
Oh and my head is POUNDING! I suffer from pressure headaches and the weather here is killing me! :cry:

I hadn't heard of these. Is there anything that helps your head feel better?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1419389255|3806942 said:
missy|1419369193|3806689 said:
Instead of probiotics you might want to try cultured vegetables. There is no knowing what you really absorb with the probiotics vs eating the cultured veggies. At least that is what I think.

http://www.culturedvegetables.net/Cultured-Vegetables_c3.htm;jsessionid=3FB4B1FE6B5F43283F071DF81D07BC84.m1plqscsfapp03

Interesting! I hadn't heard of those.

Will have to go read more about them. I wondered about absorption with the probiotics too. I don't think you absorb the full thing?

My GI doctor told me that he doesn't care for probiotics because really no one has any clue what/how much is absorbed and that eating fermented veggies is the way to go. Of course that is one opinion but it makes sense to me and I know eating fermented vegetables is good in any case as long as your system is not irritated by it.

Feel better two little birds!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joy joy joy the old clothes washer died yesterday.
Joy joy joy joy joy joy I bought a mega size washer and mega size dryer.
Steam wash and steam dry, Yessssss
Energy star rated most efficient in 2014, Yessssss
Immediate satisfaction, no. I have to wait till Jan. 8 to get them. I suck at waiting. I am not a good waiter. Patience is not a virtue I possess. Gonna throw a tiny pity party and eat chocolate -- chocolate that I can drool on my clothes because I'll have the magic of steam cleaning when the new washer gets here. Yesssss.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata|1419623298|3807995 said:
Joy joy joy the old clothes washer died yesterday.
Joy joy joy joy joy joy I bought a mega size washer and mega size dryer.
Steam wash and steam dry, Yessssss
Energy star rated most efficient in 2014, Yessssss
Immediate satisfaction, no. I have to wait till Jan. 8 to get them. I suck at waiting. I am not a good waiter. Patience is not a virtue I possess. Gonna throw a tiny pity party and eat chocolate -- chocolate that I can drool on my clothes because I'll have the magic of steam cleaning when the new washer gets here. Yesssss.
This is one of the reasons I have like 50 pairs of underwear and 50 pairs of socks. hahah!

I am a little envious of this...ours work fine but I desperately want for a new set that has the steam function. My sister and brother in law have that and when I watch my nephew for a whole day I will bring clothes over for that very reason haha!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1419624919|3808008 said:
I am a little envious of this...ours work fine but I desperately want for a new set that has the steam function. My sister and brother in law have that and when I watch my nephew for a whole day I will bring clothes over for that very reason haha!

Ame, my current pair is close to 15 yrs. old. Nothing fancy about them. The advances in the current stuff blows my mind. When the salesperson was showing me the washer functions, I got hypnotized by the pretty blue display and all the lighted buttons and my eyes rolled back in my head and all I heard her saying was "blahblahblah." I figure it'll take me a month to figure out how to turn it on :lol: My poor husband, who is afraid to try a smartphone, is going to need counseling.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought all my Christmas cards for next year at 50% off today! :dance:

Maybe I'll go get giftwrap today, if it's on sale too!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just ordered a Type2 for my iphone 6. I'm such a luddite! :cheeky:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I cry a few times every day.
sometimes more.
It is a hard cry, I can almost feel my face turning inside out sometimes, and tears flow as streams, not one at a time.
I havent cried like this since my mother died when I was 7 in 1968.
I fear I am turning into a bumbling, emotionally labile old man and I'm only 54.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Vapid, No, you're only human a kind loving caring human being. Tonight I wished my Gizmo a Happy New year ............ only problem is I called him Rocky instead ................ Rocky passed it'll be 6 years on Feb 9 and then I cried. I'm sitting here typing this trying to comfort you and I'm crying as I type this.............. so yeah I understand you. Wishing the New Year will lessen the pain and the memories will be remembered with single tears instead of the floods.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1420084503|3810354 said:
sometimes more.
It is a hard cry, I can almost feel my face turning inside out sometimes, and tears flow as streams, not one at a time.
I fear I am turning into a bumbling, emotionally labile old man and I'm only 54.

Hi VapidL:

I hope you feel better soon.

kind regards--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vapidlapid, my thoughts continue to be with you…I think this loss is particularly devastating for you because I could pick up from your posts that murry was a tremendous source of comfort and companionship for you, I think he played a very important role in your life. I think he was truly your best friend. And that's why my heart aches for you. I apologize if I'm being too intrusive. I'm hoping that your pain eventually lessens a little. Hugs.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vapid, sending you big hugs. You had a major loss. It will take time for the pain to lesson, but it will.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
VapidLapid|1420084503|3810354 said:
sometimes more.

Oh Vapid, I wish I could sit next to you, and listen to you, and pass you tissues, and help make it a little bit better... :((

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vapid, I wish there was something I could say or do to take your pain away. I'm so sorry you are hurting. We are all here for you if you want to talk. Hugs

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Vapid - thoughts are with you - that little dog of yours had the most expressive of faces! My pooches (two gold retrievers) are adorable but most of the time they look the same - goofy, daft and adorable. Please go easy on the T.E.A.R.S. - I hope a few nice distractions come your way.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
VL, you have a lot to be sad about. You're not an emotionally labile old man, you're a caring person who was dropped into a sea of crap. Anybody would be overwhelmed by what you have to deal with.

You have your cheerleaders here and in the real world. Don't be afraid to see your doctor.

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
VL I wish you peace. I hope some day soon something will help fill the voids of your fractured heart.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
{{{hugs}}} VL!

Oy, I don't know whether to be excited or overwhelmed! Our offer on a home got accepted yesterday. Now I feel like the tazmanian devil spinning around and around with money flying everywhere. It's been crazy juggling full time work, mortgage, inspection, attorney, broker, husband, and the momster. My birthday is on Friday, and thank goodness I took off for my birthday. I will probably be spending Friday gathering docs for the mortgage, and hopefully studying about Agile. Kitty dental appointment on Tuesday which I'm nervous about because there is sedation involved. Wednesday I have doc appointment, Thursday inspection. And somehow I have to find time to study for my Agile certification exam, which must be done before March. Yesterday, my mind was racing and absolutely unfocused as I tried to read some Agile shtuff. When it rains, it pours! I'm trying not to overthink things. Just wait and see what happens during the inspection. Then if we proceed with the purchase, there are the renovations. And in the midst of all this, my mom feels the need to point out to me that I won't be able to "waste" my money on vacations and eating out as usual. what the??? Woman drives me nuts - every time we go on vacation, she goes out of her way to tell us how wasteful we are, whereas my mother in law goes, thank god you're taking a vacation - you guys work so hard and are always so stressed. OK - chai latte and kitty cuddling time to calm the nerves. end rant...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1420745139|3813621 said:
{at t{{hugs}}} VL!

Oy, I don't know whether to be excited or overwhelmed! Our offer on a home got accepted yesterday. Now I feel like the tazmanian devil spinning around and around with money flying everywhere. It's been crazy juggling full time work, mortgage, inspection, attorney, broker, husband, and the momster. My birthday is on Friday, and thank goodness I took off for my birthday. I will probably be spending Friday gathering docs for the mortgage, and hopefully studying about Agile. Kitty dental appointment on Tuesday which I'm nervous about because there is sedation involved. Wednesday I have doc appointment, Thursday inspection. And somehow I have to find time to study for my Agile certification exam, which must be done before March. Yesterday, my mind was racing and absolutely unfocused as I tried to read some Agile shtuff. When it rains, it pours! I'm trying not to overthink things. Just wait and see what happens during the inspection. Then if we proceed with the purchase, there are the renovations. And in the midst of all this, my mom feels the need to point out to me that I won't be able to "waste" my money on vacations and eating out as usual. what the??? Woman drives me nuts - every time we go on vacation, she goes out of her way to tell us how wasteful we are, whereas my mother in law goes, thank god you're taking a vacation - you guys work so hard and are always so stressed. OK - chai latte and kitty cuddling time to calm the nerves. end rant...

Hi Pinto Bean, Go grab a chai latte and the kitty, sit and relax for a moment. This is really great news. REALLY GREAT! Try to put your mom out of your head. No one ever died from skipping a vacation or not going out to dinner. She will probably be driving you nuts for years. Just ignore her negative comments and be happy. Congratulations. You deserve this! I'm so happy for you.

And that tazmanian devil, what have I done feeling is completely normal for someone who is about to purchase a new home.

Good luck with home inspection and the kitty vet visit (I know that is truly nerve wracking) next week and come back here if you need more support.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say that I just spent a wonderful day in Napa Valley, and I'm now enjoying a delicious seeded baguette from a Yountville bakery, with butter (mais bien sur!) and some thinly sliced gouda....

it's the calm before the storm, and I'm going to savor it while I can.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results