shape
carat
color
clarity

I got the job!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Remember my post of early last week about interview tips? Well they must have paid off, because I was a 'successful candidate'! I have to take a minor mc exam (mostly a formality I suspect), and then the position is mine.

Thank you all for your advice and help. It also gave me confidence, which is priceless.

Love Begonia :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy for you. I couldn't help with the questions cause I'm not in your field, but I was rooting for you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is wonderful news Begonia!!! Kudos! :appl:
Now, what bling are you going to get to reward yourself for a job well done? :naughty:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wonderful!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the energy and kind wishes! It's nice to be able to share this with you all. Jobs are so scarce where I live, that I am hesitant to share this with too many folks yet. I have a few steps to go through with training and testing as well, but barring something weird happening, the job is mine.

The position is on-call and seasonal. If I can carry my smartphone 24/7 for the next 7 or 8 months and answer all calls (essentially prove myself), then the position will become permanent part or full-time with more reliable hours. That's fine with me, as I've been unloading trucks and hauling trees and shrubs around all week with my current job. It's manual labor and hard work, and the pay isn't great. At least I don't have to work out, my abs and buns are rock hard :lol:

I would like to get an OEC at some point, but that is a long way away. Kid #2 needs braces, and those damn property taxes, insurance and house maintenance costs :???:

Being a grown-up is hard sometimes, ya know?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Begonia|1396280565|3644332 said:
Thanks for the energy and kind wishes! It's nice to be able to share this with you all. Jobs are so scarce where I live, that I am hesitant to share this with too many folks yet. I have a few steps to go through with training and testing as well, but barring something weird happening, the job is mine.

The position is on-call and seasonal. If I can carry my smartphone 24/7 for the next 7 or 8 months and answer all calls (essentially prove myself), then the position will become permanent part or full-time with more reliable hours. That's fine with me, as I've been unloading trucks and hauling trees and shrubs around all week with my current job. It's manual labor and hard work, and the pay isn't great. At least I don't have to work out, my abs and buns are rock hard :lol:

I would like to get an OEC at some point, but that is a long way away. Kid #2 needs braces, and those damn property taxes, insurance and house maintenance costs :???:

Being a grown-up is hard sometimes, ya know?

Oh I hear you Begonia. Yesterday we attended my nieces joint birthday party (6 and 8 ) and they were so joyful and full of happy energy and I was remembering back to that time when there really weren't any major concerns. Bittersweet in a way and sometimes I wish I could just go back to that time especially when life starts beating us up yanno?

Best of luck- I know you will do amazingly well at your new job and soon get a permanent position. :wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Begonia|1396280565|3644332 said:
At least I don't have to work out, my abs and buns are rock hard :lol:

I could be hauling trees for a year straight and still my buns wouldn't be rock hard. Lucky you!

And congrats on your new job! :appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Begonia! I'm so happy for you!!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Begonia!.. :wavey: :appl:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thank you one and all!

In an increasingly disconnected and impersonal world, your support is precious to me...

Love Begonia

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Just had to chime in and say "Good for you"!! I have a loved one who just went through this, so I know how nerve wracking the whole interview process can be.
You're right about the economy making things a little scarce so BIG congratulations to you!!! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results