carat
color
clarity

I got brave.... I tried on some diamond rings...... hehehe

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Well,

I did it. :bigsmile:

I finally plucked up the courage and tried on some rings. I tried to use the advice I was given on my previous thread and I have to say it worked a treat! Thank you! :appl:

I am starting off in a small way though! I only did one shop and tried on 2 rings. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. The sales assistant was very pleasant (I would love to say knowledgeable but that would be a lie :lol: ) and was more than willing to let me play "diamonds."

I decided to give RB's a whirl today because it was March when I put mine in for consignment. As much as I truly L :love: VE L :love: VE L :love: VE my AVC, I have to say it gave me an absolute thrill to slip on a 1.51 and a 1.79 RB.

Now, they were not particularly well cut. Nor certified, other than by the store, the 1.51 was an I/SI2 and the 1.79 was a J/SI1.

However, my purpose was really just to see size and shape against my eternity ring. Now whilst my ring is not to everyones taste due to its size, I really love it and I have no intention of changing it. So when I do go for a more permanent, but still upgradeable stone, it must compliment my eternity ring.

If I am being really honest the RB, in these sizes, looked better with it than the AVC. For no reason other than size. I agree with previous posters who stated it looked a bit lost next to my eternity band. However, if I[ could break the 2 carat mark maybe it might work! :naughty:

This kind of disappoints me but excites me at the same time. I will miss my AVC when I do have to trade her in but I am very excited as to how big the 1.79 looked on my 4.5 ring finger.

Also, for the first time ever, the eternity ring, whilst still big and sparkly, it didn't take centre stage, the solitaire did!

So it really did give me something to think about! I will keep you all posted on my next ring trying on trip, when I will attempt to find better cut diamonds for comparison purposes.

Thank you again for your help!

If anyone else had an interesting jewellery experiences this weekend I would love to hear about it! :bigsmile: :wavey:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Re: I got brave.... I tried on some diamond rings...... hehe

Sounds like a fun shopping trip! My friend and I recently went looking for a band to go with her set... He saw a princess cut channel band from (Kay's/Helzberg) that she really liked.... But was $700! She doesn't have that kind of cash, so we stopped in to a resale shop, and, lo and behold.... They had the exact ring she liked for $300!!!!! She jumped on that like fleas on a hound dog. She put it on layaway, so it will be a few weeks before she has it, but I am so excited for her to get it! It looks great with her set! :appl:

Here's a link to the ring from the Kay's website-
http://www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/store...01|10001|-1|530690801|15051|15051.15058.15112

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Although I'm biased :naughty: , I think that a nice sized RB, with your eternity ring, will be gorgeous! Please post pics as you look for your dream ring ;))

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Glad you had fun and learned more about what you want!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Tuckins, thank you! Your friend got a great bargain! :appl: Want to help me out! :bigsmile: Less than half price would be wonderful! :lol:

Risingsun, coming from you that is a huge compliment, as you are my PS style guru! I really fell in love with RB's again yesterday. The only difference being I really liked them BIG! :devil:

Iamdanny, thank you! It was great fun and I didn't feel as much of a fraud as I thought I would. It really helped me see what would compliment my wedding and eternity rings best.

I am now really looking forward to some more diamond ring trips. :devil: Jen, you can keep me right! :D

I will try on better cut ones, if I/Jen can find the size I am looking for here and I will report back. If I am allowed Marian, I will take some pictures on my phone and post them!

It is wonderful to have a place to come to, to share these things with. I love chatting with you all and my poor husband appreciates it too!

I am sure when I start, all he hears is the teachers voice from the Charlie Brown/Snoopy cartoons..... blahblahblahblahblahblah! :bigsmile:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Whilst that sounds fabulous, I am not known for my restraint when it comes to purchasing! :devil:

It could be dangerous. :lol:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yea you did it :appl: glad to hear it was fun :appl:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

diamondrnglover said:
Yea you did it :appl: glad to hear it was fun :appl:

Thanks diamondrnglover! :wavey:

Hope it doesn't prove to be addictive! I loooooovvvveee to shop and this is way to expensive a habit to start! :lol:

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock

susimoo....do you have a SMTB thread with your current ering and wb? I have searched thru ps2, but no luck. Thanks and i look forward to seeing them! :love:

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I too love RB diamonds best in the 1.75 ct. range. I was not at all happy until I got to that point (1.666 is close enough for me 8) ). What sort of timeline are you thinking for this upgrade plan?

I also think if the goal longer term is to wear your solitaire with your eternity, then an RB is the best bet.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

susimoo said:
Whilst that sounds fabulous, I am not known for my restraint when it comes to purchasing! :devil:

Well, while we can try them all on, I think it needs to be a strict rule that no credit cards are harmed in the making of the GTG. Browse first, buy later. No expensive cocktail -fuelled mistakes! ;))

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Dreamer_D said:
I too love RB diamonds best in the 1.75 ct. range. I was not at all happy until I got to that point (1.666 is close enough for me 8) ). What sort of timeline are you thinking for this upgrade plan?

I also think if the goal longer term is to wear your solitaire with your eternity, then an RB is the best bet.

Hi DD, :wavey:

I love my eternity, even if it is not to everyones taste. I do also wear it everyday so I think RB is the route to go. (with maybe a wee AVC RHR in the future :tongue: )

As soon as/if my RB sells, its currently on consignment, then it will be all systems go! :devil:

However, I am already saving towards the next upgrade and received a generous cash gift from DH for our recent wedding anniversary. I have elected to do the same for both Christmas and my birthday (Dec) so hopefully, even without a sale, I may be able to venture into a GOG H&A diamond. :love:

If I could get to your current ( :naughty: :lol: ) size I would be thrilled! :bigsmile:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Jennifer W said:
susimoo said:

Well, while we can try them all on, I think it needs to be a strict rule that no credit cards are harmed in the making of the GTG. Browse first, buy later. No expensive cocktail -fuelled mistakes! ;))

True true!!! I agree. :appl:

However, it doesn't rule out the purchase of shoes, handbags or lip gloss, right? :lol:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

We'll be practically on top of Frasers when we come out the Arcade. It would be rude not to pop in, when they've gone to all the trouble of stocking Louboutins and la Prairie.

OMG. This is going to be dangerous! :o

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock

Sounds fun!!!

No pics? :naughty:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Jennifer W said:
We'll be practically on top of Frasers when we come out the Arcade. It would be rude not to pop in, when they've gone to all the trouble of stocking Louboutins and la Prairie.

OMG. This is going to be dangerous! :o

Did you ever see the thread Gypsy did a while back on PS1 about naming your 3 best attributes? I did mine. One of them was I consider myself one of the best shopping companions (read enabler :tongue: ) ever! :lol:

Your right, this is going to be dangerous! Can't wait! hehehehehehehe :appl:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

platinumrock said:
Sounds fun!!!

We haven't been yet! :bigsmile:

Do you want them before or after the cocktails? :naughty: :errrr: :lol:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

While I'd look more respectable before them, I'm more likely to pose for photos after. Could be interesting!

I'm really looking forward to this. Is Po around? She's not far from us. If you're reading this Po, we're having a mini gtg. Are you up for it?

Jen

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

I don't "do" photographs normally, however, cocktails may change my mind!

I thought maybe you had Po's email address already? Never mind, hopefully she will see this. If not, I'll do a "calling Po" post. Always wanted to do one of those but never had a reason to do so before now. :bigsmile:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Woooohooo! I am off to do it now! :Up_to_something:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock

susimoo said:
platinumrock said:
Sounds fun!!!

We haven't been yet! :bigsmile:

Do you want them before or after the cocktails? :naughty: :errrr: :lol:

Hahaaa!! Definitely after the cocktails. Although a before and after shot wouldn't be bad either! :devil:

I can't wait to see pics! :bigsmile:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Platininumrock, will keep you updated as to how it goes. As for the pictures, depends on how incriminating they are! :shock:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Tuckins1|1281819335|2680426 said:
Sounds like a fun shopping trip! My friend and I recently went looking for a band to go with her set... He saw a princess cut channel band from (Kay's/Helzberg) that she really liked.... But was $700! She doesn't have that kind of cash, so we stopped in to a resale shop, and, lo and behold.... They had the exact ring she liked for $300!!!!! She jumped on that like fleas on a hound dog. She put it on layaway, so it will be a few weeks before she has it, but I am so excited for her to get it! It looks great with her set! :appl:

Here's a link to the ring from the Kay's website-
http://www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/store...01|10001|-1|530690801|15051|15051.15058.15112

With the price increase that ing is now 849.00 at Kay!!! Insane :shock:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Susimoo- can't wait to see what you end up with!!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Happy shopping! I just now saw this thread again and appreciate your kind words :)) I didn't realilze that you lived across the pond. You and Jen will really enjoy this quest for the big round one :appl:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I realize this is an old thread, but I have gone in looking at sizes and styles. I'm totally a RB gal, it's a matter of size for me. ;-) I like the look of the 1ct, but I think a 1.5 looks much nicer :Up_to_something: Now to just heist a bank to fund my blingage.... :twisted: j/k :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results