shape
carat
color
clarity

I got a promotion!!! Excited but soooo nervous.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Sooo I just got a promotion at work that I am very excited about! I work in grant administration at a university and I just accepted an offer for a manager of research support in one of the departments here. I am excited but so friggen nervous about it. Right now I work in one of the central offices and I really like my job and the people that I work with so I'll be VERY sad to leave. I came to my current department from a job that I hated so I think that is why I am so worried that I'll be unhappy leaving here. But I know I would regret it if I turned down the opportunity and didn't at least give it a try.

Please send dust and well wishes that I will be happy with my choice and succeed.

(The first thing I thought of when I got the offer was, "damn if I would have waited to buy my diamond studs, I could have got bigger ones". Is that bad? :wink2: )

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course you are nervous! But thats ok!! You will be fine. And you can trade your studs in against bigger ones!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Maisie! I know everyone gets nervous and I really need to let that sink in. I know I will be good at the job so I need to stop freaking out. I was thinking about how I could maybe do a trade-in after a few months but I was disappointed that the cost of the settings would be a waste. But I could always get a pair of colored stones to put in them :wink2:

Thank you Amber St Clare!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congratulations! Promotions are always going to be a bit scary, because you're taking a step up, and I totally hear you on leaving good colleagues behind too, that can be hard. It will be ok, you'll do a great job, because you really do seem to care about what you do.

Well done - this is a tough time for employment, and you must be doing well to be promoted.

Oh, and good luck!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! :appl: That's great! It's natural to be a little nervous, but try not to be because you're going to do just fine!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great news stargurl!! :appl:

It is scary starting a new job with new colleagues- change can always be stressful. But in this case it is good stress and I know you will excel in your new position! As for leaving colleagues you like behind there is always keeping in touch outside of work. Some of my closest friends made in adulthood were work colleagues at previous jobs.

Good luck and another vote for upgrading your studs! :bigsmile:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Jennifer W, Zoe, junebug, and missy! I think I just have a major fear of the unknown so I'll be uneasy until I move over to the new job and really start to "know" the work. I am very excited at the same time though.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

One natural outcome of applying for a new job and going through the interviewing process--is that you'll be rewarded with the job you applied for.

Congrats! :appl:

Naturally, nervousness follows; but you will rise to that level! Happy New Year!

cheers--Sharon

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! Change only makes you a stronger person. You will be fine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results