shape
carat
color
clarity

I could use some healing vibes

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I don't post on here often, but I figured I could use some well wishes from you all. My wedding is a week from Monday in Hawaii and we leave on 10-8 (a week from Saturday). Last Sunday while getting ready for our housewarming party, I splashed boiling water on my leg and I now have second degree burns. I went to the ER Monday and they debrided the blisters, leaving me with a 6 inch by 6 inch open wound on my leg.

I've already had to cancel our snorkeling plans for Hawaii and anything else that involves us getting in the water since it won't be healed by then. I was really upset at first but I'm coming to terms with the fact that our honeymoon isn't going to be what I had hoped it would be because, well, it is what it is.

I could really use some healing vibes though because right now it hurts like hell to even stand up straight and I'm walking with a limp. I know I still have 9 days, but if it gets infected between now and then it could take a turn for the worse. I don't want to look like a goober in our wedding pictures/video.

Thanks everyone <3
mrswahs

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Sounds super painful, mrswahs. Sending you healing dust for a speedy recovery and no complications!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I send healing vibes as well. Please visualize your leg healed when you are lying down and rested. Close you eyes and take deep breaths to relax, then visualize your wounds healed. Do 3 times a day until wedding.
Annette

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Dust to you for speedy recovery and a healthy, happy wedding!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending you healing vibes... Hey- you may just have to spend allot of extra time indoors then :naughty:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lots of healing dust to you, and I hope your recovery is as painfree as possible.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HEALING DUST on the way!!!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no, what an awful thing to have happen, regardless of the timing :( Burns are the worst!! And then before your wedding and honeymoon to boot! I'm so sorry. I hope you heal quickly and easily.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
mrswahs|1317324819|3028942 said:
Hi all,

I don't post on here often, but I figured I could use some well wishes from you all. My wedding is a week from Monday in Hawaii and we leave on 10-8 (a week from Saturday). Last Sunday while getting ready for our housewarming party, I splashed boiling water on my leg and I now have second degree burns. I went to the ER Monday and they debrided the blisters, leaving me with a 6 inch by 6 inch open wound on my leg.

I've already had to cancel our snorkeling plans for Hawaii and anything else that involves us getting in the water since it won't be healed by then. I was really upset at first but I'm coming to terms with the fact that our honeymoon isn't going to be what I had hoped it would be because, well, it is what it is.

I could really use some healing vibes though because right now it hurts like hell to even stand up straight and I'm walking with a limp. I know I still have 9 days, but if it gets infected between now and then it could take a turn for the worse. I don't want to look like a goober in our wedding pictures/video.

Thanks everyone <3
mrswahs

Oh gosh, I am so sorry that happened. I got second degree burns on my left forearm and it really sucked.

Make sure you just keep changing the dressing as often as possible and keeping the area as clean as you can. Keep using the ointment. I hope you heal up in the time that you have left till your wedding.

Sending you lots and lots of healing vibes.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a bummer. I have had a bad burn myself from spilling hot bacon grease down my whole front from bacon under the broiler.
Not fun. Take care of yourself and try to get as much rest as you can! Lots of healing dust and prayer.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that absolutely sounds awful :sick: I'm sending you lots of healing thoughts! I'm sorry it's ruining your holiday plans :(sad

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ouch that sounds so painful! :(( Take care. Try to find time to rest and not stress. *hugs and dust*

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I'm sending you well wishes. The good thing is that your gown will hide your leg. Is there a way you can postpone your honeymoon?

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for the well wishes. For only 5 days in it looks and feels a lot better so I'm encouraged, but still a little bummed!

luv2sparkle-- the one thing I've heard from everyone about this is that grease is much worse, so I'm sorry to hear that!!! That does not sound fun at all.

pregcurious-- I've toyed with the idea but it just doesn't make sense. It's a destination wedding and everything's paid for. We could come home earlier but given how long the flights are it's kind of a waste. We're only going to be there for a week as it is. My FI has a great attitude about it though-- he says it just gives us an excuse to go back to Hawaii next year to get the "full experience."

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no, I hope you get better fast! This is my first time sending PS dust so I hope it reaches you ;-) I know you'll have to chagne your plans a little bit but it will still be a great honeymoon!!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry for your pain. Sending all the healing dust to you in time for your wedding!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm so sorry this happened but I am glad you are doing better and sending tons of healing dust your way!!!!!
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and may your day be as beautiful and wonderful as you envision and have a great honeymoon!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Healing vibes from me too!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Healing vibes! I had a very small 2nd degree burn and it was painful so I can't imagine what you are going through.

Also, I'm sure some us have been to Hawaii and can make suggestions on non-water things to do if you like.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I would love any suggestions anyone has! We're staying on Maui the whole time, and we're already planning on doing a helicopter tour, driving the road to hana, and doing ziplining.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrswahs|1317402888|3029815 said:
I would love any suggestions anyone has! We're staying on Maui the whole time, and we're already planning on doing a helicopter tour, driving the road to hana, and doing ziplining.

I may be wrong- but I heard there is a bike tour down a volcano around sunrise...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my goodness, how awful! Sending you fast healing vibes! I will keep my fingers crossed that your leg remains infection free and you soar down the aisle! As for your honeymoon, I guess it may be different from what you had envisioned, but I'm sure you'll find other activities to keep you busy! :naughty: Hugs to you!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you healing thoughts and prayers.....

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so very sorry, Mrswahs, sending lots of dust your way.

We're actually going to be in Maui again around that time. It's a beautiful time of year there, so with the activities you've already planned, you will still have fun. With the ziplining, do check exactly the kind of harness the company you've chosen uses to make sure it isn't going to create any problems for your healing burn.

Have you considered a sunset cruise? Some of them do leave directly from the beach, which wouldn't work for you, but I believe there is at least one that leaves from Ma'alaea which shouldn't be a problem. I'll see if I can find it, and will post a link here.

Also, Makawao is a fun little artsy town along the way to the RTH which is fun to walk around. Iao Valley is an amazing place to hike (bring bug repellent and a windbreaker). If you go up to Haleakala, either at sunrise or any other time, the Lodge at Kula has phenomenal views, and delicious breakfasts. I don't personally recommend the bike ride down from Haleakala--although technically, the bike tours are no longer permitted to leave from the summit due to deaths and injuries of the bikers. Lots of bikers do it, but the last time we were there we personally witnessed two close calls, so just be aware that there are some risks.

ETA:

Leaving from Lahaina harbour: http://www.sailmaui.com/sunset.htm

Leaving from Ma'alaea harbour: http://www.prideofmaui.com/trips/sunset.html?gclid=COHwy6Htx6sCFQx3gwodU0KO0Q

We haven't done either of these cruises, but these are the two I have heard others recommend that don't involve boarding the catamaran from the beach.

Have fun!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the suggestions and the warning about the biking. I had no idea it could be so dangerous. Definitely not a risk I'd want to take on my honeymoon (or ever, for that matter!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results