shape
carat
color
clarity

I could use a few prayers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
My dog Brady is sick- here is what happened today as written in emails to my mom:

We took Brady to the vet this morning because he has been throwing up since yesterday morning- they are concerned he swallowed something and it''s blocking his stomach. He may need emergency surgery today, so please say a prayer that everything goes well. I am truly concerned about my baby and I will do what it takes to get him better but the financial aspect is also really stressful too.

The vet just called- a barium test confirmed that he has a complete blockage between his stomach & duodenum. My husband''s heading over to the office to sign consent forms and then Brady will be going into surgery.

They went into surgery an hour ago and found no foreign object in his intestine. So they''re going to biopsy some tissue & see if he has some sort of disease or something. She also mentioned it could be cancer, although unlikely. He''s doing well, but I wish they knew what was wrong with him- I''m so worried.

The surgeon didn''t find anything during Brady''s exploratory story and that was surprising- they were sure they would. My husband picked him up at our vet''s to take him to an overnight animal hospital and I met them there after work. Brady was so sad- all drugged up and they shaved his tummy and he smells bad. I couldn''t help but crying. They are going to monitor him for tonight and maybe tomorrow and hopefully he will be better & come home. His biopsy results will be in late this week or early next and I''m hoping we can get an answer. I''m just praying so hard he gets better & his stomach starts working again (no motility=very very bad). So far we''ve spent a little over 2k...I''m not only sick over Brady being sick but also over the fact that all our Christmas gift money is now gone. I know our families understand, but I love Christmas & making people happy. We don''t exactly have a lot of money to begin with, so the financial aspect is putting a bit of a strain on us.

So I could really use some PS prayers/good thoughts/anything at all- we really need our baby dog to get better- thanks.
39.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Poor baby. I hope you get good news soon. Good thoughts coming your [and Brady''s] way.

DB

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Molly, I hope they figure out what''s wrong, or that he does the typical dog thing and gets better soon without any ill effects. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and Brady.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Molly, my thoughts are with you and Brady. I really hope they find out what's wrong with Brady and he gets better soon. *hugs*

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope your dog baby Brady gets better soon! I''ll be keeping you in my thoughts!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Wishing you and Brady the best ... You have my thoughts and prayers.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Thoughts and prayers coming your way. I''m sending a few extra out there for all the pets of the ps community, especially the dogs that seem to be having a rough time of it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Molly, I''m so sorry to hear your Brady is ill and there is no resolution so far. My most positive thoughts are with you and Brady.

Pet illnesses can be sooo expensive...I''m sorry you have had to part with your Christmas money in dealing with this. I''m sure your family and friends will completely understand, I know you would rather that money had gone towards giving to others, but don''t worry about all that and focus on getting your Brady well. There are many other ways you can give this season, they don''t have to be ones that involve spending money. Write coupons to your loved ones for things you can do for them after the holidays, or home-cooked meals, or whatever services you can provide that they would be happy to make use of.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Good thoughts and prayers are on their way.

Get better soon Brady!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
awww...poor Brady, and poor you! I really hope they figure out what is wrong and that he is back to normal soon, for all your sakes!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prayers outgoing and big hug to you Molly!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Molly I do hope that they get to the bottom of it and Brady gets reunited with you really soon.I know what you mean by financial strain we had a similar situation recently the Credit Card limits had to be increased.the bills will have to be paid just before Christmas...I m sure your family will understand ,as you can''t put a price label on having Brady back with you..
You are in my thoughts and prayers ..

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Molly - any word on your baby? I will have my people send some long distance Reiki.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Thanks a TON to everyone who posted- we''ve been praying very hard on our end too.

We were able to go visit him at the hospital after church today and he walked in on his own. His incision is pretty big, about 5-6", so he''s on some pain meds for it but otherwise he wanted to sit in my lap and give me kisses. He still has an IV port in for pain, fluids, and a medicine to get his stomach working again.

He has ileitis, which means his stomach is not passing food through as efficiently as it should. The medication should help- he has some "gurgling" when they listen, which is good, but it needs to increase. He drank some water & kept it down so far, but wasn''t hungry. He has also gone to the bathroom (in fact, he peed a small river while we were there), another good sign.

The vet said as long as he continued to improve, we could bring him home today!!! Hopefully we will get some answers when his biopsy results come back next week, so fingers crossed.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I hope he gets to come home today . . . {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about your dog Molly. Your family will definitely understand about the pressies. Hopefully he can come home today.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2007 7:34:32 PM
Author:Molly1024

The surgeon didn''t find anything during Brady''s exploratory story and that was surprising- they were sure they would.
His biopsy results will be in late this week or early next and I''m hoping we can get an answer.

Molly,

What did they biopsy? What did they see during the exploratory surgery?

I cannot tell you how sad this story makes me. On many levels. I completely understand spending all your money on the dog you love, but that has consequences. I remember my parents having to pay the veterinarian $25.00 a week (that was a lot in the 1950''s and 1960''s) until they paid off our family dog''s hospital bills. They did not go to the movies or go out to eat until the bill was paid. Your family will have to understand that your first obligation is to the health of a helpless dependent, not to gifts.

Please keep us updated about Brady.

Deborah
34.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Prayers, hugs, and tummy rubs for your sweet little guy.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Quick update: We just brought Brady home, and he''s snuggled up on the couch already. He''s on a couple meds, but we''re just concerned that he won''t throw up anymore. He''s only had a little treat to eat today and some water- he''s refusing his regular food but that''s his MO. As long as he doesn''t throw up, we''re doing okay.

AGBF-

They biopsied some tissue from his small & large intestine, and some from a thickening in his stomach they found.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad he is home with you, that is the best medicine for a quick healing.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your little guy.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
molly i hope brady continues to improve, it''s so heart wrenching when our pets don''t feel good, especially since you can feel it and see it in everything they do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results