shape
carat
color
clarity

I could not have said it better myself

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I'm a fan of Jane Haddam, (literay nom de plume), a mystery writer. Personally, she and I are often on opposite sides of an issue, as she is an avowed liberal atheist. I'm rarely avowed of anything, and 'liberal atheist' could never be used to describe me.

But, after wanting to tear her hair out over a 'discussion' on a website she frequents, she posted this essay on her blog: http://www.janehaddam.com/chd/janerules.html

THIS is a must read for anyone here who becomes engaged in our 'discussions'. We've all seen - - and exhibited, ourselves - - the behaviors she points to in this commentary. And she is absolutely, unequivocally right about each point she makes.

I had to laugh. And I had to take note. Let's all take note. And may we have many more 'discussions' where we can practice what Jane is preaching. ;))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great essay, Holly, I can see why you liked it so much!

Deb
:saint:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all her points and I also completely agree with them. Thank you for posting this Holly!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Guess I'll never be buying any of her books ;))

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think those would make better PS rules than the rules we have now.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was AWESOME! I couldn't have said it better, and loved, loved, loved it. Bookmarked it to boot.

How are her books? I like mysteries. But in general I like ones with humor (like cozies).

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1341102776|3226742 said:
That was AWESOME! I couldn't have said it better, and loved, loved, loved it. Bookmarked it to boot.

How are her books? I like mysteries. But in general I like ones with humor (like cozies).

You can check them out at Amazon, and read some excerpts. If you start the Gregor Demarkian series, then start at the beginning so that you get to know the background and peripheral characters that are in each story.

I love mysteries - all kinds. As long as they aren't too graphic. And cozies are my favorite, too. Jane Haddam's books are a bit on the cozy side.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got any cozy suggestions? Something really great? Laugh out loud funny but also very well written and plotted so you can't guess and are at the edge of your seat.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS: That is so great, right on point, and should be posted everywhere where discourse occurs! Thanks for posting. Now onto the important stuff: when speaking of mysteries, what are "cozies?"

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1341257491|3227383 said:
HollyS: That is so great, right on point, and should be posted everywhere where discourse occurs! Thanks for posting. Now onto the important stuff: when speaking of mysteries, what are "cozies?"
http://www.cozy-mystery.com/ Here you go MB. :wavey:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Gypsy! Sorta as the name implies, huh?!

Its funny how I run into you typically later in the evening - I guess we're both night owls.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely am. And I've got to change that.... eventually. :)

I did just read a good one (recommended on that site too) Jerrilyn Farmer's Sympathy for the Devil.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results