shape
carat
color
clarity

I can't stop eating!

jess719

Shiny_Rock
I am not hungry, I want to wear my tiny, cute clothes, and yet I keep stuffing my face. Chili cheese queso, don't mind if I do. Leftover chocolates, sure! I need an intervention. :lol: Anyone want to come over and guard my pantry?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
You are rebelling against your goals, and some days are just like that, aren't they?! Stuff away and start fresh tomorrow. Drinking a lot of water really helps.

jess719

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I find that when I have a sore throat I eat my way through the house...

Have a wonderful Sunday!!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's harder to indulge if you don't keep temptations around. Seriously. Avoid allowing problem foods into the house.

And then of course, add exercise. For me it's walking.

Anne

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Throw your chocolate in the trash, turn on some rock N roll and dance!
If you are like me you will be going through that trash by mid-day :lol:

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
mary poppins said:
Remove the crap food from your house and replace it with healthy options.
+1

Learn to make veggies taste good and make veggies part of each meal. Keep yourself hydrated and learn how to tell whether you are hungry or thirsty. Drink water because sugar and even many of its alternatives will cause insulin spikes that make controlling your food urges much more difficult. Don't go to grocery store hungry. Don't cut your treats completely but for example change your chocolates to darker, healthier options (at least 70-80% cocoa). Find exercising routine you'll love even though it might take a while to find the right sport.

Good advice I'm still trying to learn myself... :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto those who don't keep tempting trigger foods in the home. We are only human and some choices bring out the uncontrollable in us. When the urge to keep eating hits me for whatever the reason I make some hot air popcorn. It satisfies my need to crunch and munch. And I also have been drinking as a treat the Sparkling Ice drink. It's carbonated and delicious and fills me up.

ETA: I also make sure to workout every day. For me that's my calming and re-energizing activity that makes me feel better no matter my mood. It helps to reduce my need to overeat because I know how hard it is to work off those empty calories. I also turn on and up my favorite music and suddenly the need to eat and eat is satiated. I think it works on the same dopamine receptors in the brain that eating carbs triggers. Something like that.

Of course this is what works for me and ymmv.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jess, I hope you are having a better day today. I know what you mean. You're not hungry. Hell, I don't even know what hungry feels like sometimes. It's this compulsion to keep putting food in my mouth...

OMG. On some days, if it's not nailed down, it's GONE!! I eat non-stop!! Yes, I am working on it, getting rid of the junk in the house. But, with two kids, it's hard. For now, I'm trying to break the sugar addiction.

Good luck. Maybe just post on PS before you want to start digging through the pantry again, count to 20, drink two glasses of water, and then walk three times around the house. I'm grasping at straws as you can see. :twirl:

jess719

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! Today was a better day-still ate junk food, but I always have. I LIKE sweets, and baking with my daughters. I just don't usually eat my weight in garbage food! I used to eat fairly healthy (I love to bake though :D ), drink tons of water and workout 5 days a week. Then, I had kids. :lol: We are working on the schedule now that they are a little older so I can get back to working out. There's just something about going to the gym that makes you want to eat healthier too.

We booked our vacation for the summer and I want to be back in a bikini by then! So, I will listen to all of you, dejunk the pantry (although I think I ate it all this weekend), and keep my goal in mind! (or convince my husband I need lipo)

jess719

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom|1390170294|3596409 said:
Jess, I hope you are having a better day today. I know what you mean. You're not hungry. Hell, I don't even know what hungry feels like sometimes. It's this compulsion to keep putting food in my mouth...

OMG. On some days, if it's not nailed down, it's GONE!! I eat non-stop!! Yes, I am working on it, getting rid of the junk in the house. But, with two kids, it's hard. For now, I'm trying to break the sugar addiction.

Good luck. Maybe just post on PS before you want to start digging through the pantry again, count to 20, drink two glasses of water, and then walk three times around the house. I'm grasping at straws as you can see. :twirl:

Exactly! Why?!? Tonight, I will put it in writing, I am done eating for the night!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jess719|1390182925|3596609 said:
LLJsmom|1390170294|3596409 said:

Exactly! Why?!? Tonight, I will put it in writing, I am done eating for the night!

Jess, me too!! I finished "open mouth, insert food" about an hour and a half ago. That's it. I'm going to brush my teeth!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results