shape
carat
color
clarity

Hurricane Iselle and Julio headed for us!

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not too worried as I live on O'ahu, but it's been a zoo around here. People paying $20 for a case of water and crazy gas lines, ugh! We are in for some crazy crazy weather tomorrow on this island. Not much ever happens around here, so this is a big deal for everyone. I'm just really hoping we don't lose power, however I'm sure we will, we always do in storms. I am feeling rather anxious, not scared but anxious.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi Candygrl,

Hope you have everything you need and have things to keep yourself occupied while the storm keeps you inside. Good luck, feel free to post here and tell us what is happening if you feel too hemmed in. Hope it goes quickly and easily on you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please be careful and take care.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just in beautiful and relaxing O'ahu, Maui, The Big Island and Kaua'i for a few weeks for vacation and family wedding. Had a wonderful time. Returned as scheduled on Monday just as the madness was starting. A little concerned about family members who are still there and had to evacuate Kona area and headed back to O'ahu.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Oh, and don't forget to have a manual can opener handy. So many people stock up on canned goods and can't use then when they need them because they only have an electric can opener. Oops!

I lived in Miami for many years and last had to deal with Katrina, Rita and Wilma, so I know well the stress and chaos the storms cause. I hope all stay safe and there is minimal damage. Best of luck to you and your loved ones. Please report back after things calm down so we know how you are doing.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay safe and hope it all goes without incident.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Safety to you/yours--and all those in Hawaii. Including my family in Maui.

kind regards--Sharon

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Marypoppins I never even thought about the can opener! I do actually have one :) Thanks for the reminder.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1407465197|3728294 said:
HI:

Safety to you/yours--and all those in Hawaii. Including my family in Maui.

kind regards--Sharon

hoping everyone remains safe.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't even know Hawaii ever had hurricanes! Will be thinking of you, stay safe!

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Aprilbaby the last one was 21 years ago and it hit Kauai hard. They usually pass us by, so yes this is rare occurrence.

jazzandchocolate

Rough_Rock
Pls be careful. We went 3 weeks without electricity due to a hurricane and it was no joke! Stay safe. Hoping for the best...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay safe Candygrl.. :wavey:

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone, I'll keep you posted. It's supposed to hit here later tomorrow.

Jazzandchocolate that's crazy!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you go out today - consider buying paper plates, cups and plastic silverware : )
Be safe!
looking forward to the report that all is well with you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you and everyone in the path of the hurricanes lots of stay safe dust and will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Best thing we ever did was invest in a natural gas generator because we got hit with 2 big storms within a year of each other and everyone lost power. Hoping your power stays on and that the hurricane causes no harm to anyone.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Candygirl, I'm sending lots of dust to you and your family. Stay safe sweetie!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I remember Hurricane Iniki in the early 90s. Kauai was my family's favorite vacation spot and Iniki made a big mess. Stay safe!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results