shape
carat
color
clarity

Human "bed-warmers" at Holiday Inn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone else heard about this? Holiday Inn will be offering a human bed-warming service at three British hotels.

Gross.
14.gif

ETA: broken link removed. Here's the new one: link

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Crazy Brits! What'll they think of next?
3.gif

ETA: the link didn't work for me, but I can assume 'human bed warmers' can only mean one thing!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 12:20:47 PM
Author: Lynnie
Crazy Brits! What'll they think of next?
3.gif

ETA: the link didn't work for me, but I can assume 'human bed warmers' can only mean one thing!

Let me try again: human bed warmers

It should work now.
1.gif

That is really... creepy...... I don''t want some strange guy in a hair-net and a onesie warming anything up for me.. aghhhh

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Is paying a human being to perfom this service realy cheaper than electricity in the UK?

Hourly wages must be super low! (or energy costs super high!)

I would be creeped out by having a stranger warm my bed!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 12:25:44 PM
Author: swedish bean
That is really... creepy...... I don't want some strange guy in a hair-net and a onesie warming anything up for me.. aghhhh

The image your post put in my head of an adult male in a onesie had me cracking up!

Who came up with this idea?!?!

April20

Ideal_Rock
So here''s the thing- I hate cold sheets in winter. I love a bed warmer. But my bed warmer is DH, not some random employees in a fleece suit! Ewwwww! I do not want stranger warmth. I''ll just suffer until it''s warm.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 12:31:24 PM
Author: April20
So here''s the thing- I hate cold sheets in winter. I love a bed warmer. But my bed warmer is DH, not some random employees in a fleece suit! Ewwwww! I do not want stranger warmth. I''ll just suffer until it''s warm.
Stranger warmth!
9.gif
LOL

This is gross beyond measure. What were they thinking?! Actually, electricity prices are outrageous here, but I''d sell less popular family members to pay for electricity before I''d tolerate stranger warmth...

Jen

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 12:31:24 PM
Author: April20

I''ll admit, I sometimes make my DH get into the bed before I''m ready to warm it up, but would never want a complete stranger in my bed. ick
14.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
DH reminded me that the quickest way to "warm" a bed is also the smelliest.

32.gif

He also suggests that they have human potty warmers.
39.gif

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I would hope they''d be out of the bed before the guest got in! Could start a whole other line of business for the hotel!

Could you imagine, coming into your hotel room to find a stranger sleeping in your bed, kind of like Goldilocks, LOL!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Heard about this on the radio last week. Consensus was it''s a complete and utter publicity gimmick - who on earth (other than people with devious intentions maybe?) is seriously going to book that service???

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I hate this PR type crap. Boo.

Gone are the days when you booked your room for the night and got a complimentary strumpet
38.gif

For shame.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2010 12:54:05 PM
Author: somethingshiny
DH reminded me that the quickest way to ''warm'' a bed is also the smelliest.

this would be the perfect job for me with my excessive gas problem!
3.gif

someone say strumpets? nah, you gotta pay for those nowadays.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
"They could not confirm if the warmer would shower first, but said hair would be covered."

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One word: gross
14.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a dreadful thought. Just - ick. It''s hard enough to cope with the idea of sleeping in a bed thousands of people have done "who knows what" in, but, this is just . . . blarrghhhh!
6.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Wow this is disgusting!

I would rather sleep on the floor in the hotel elevator than get into a bed that some stranger just rolled around in.

On the flip side, think of all the jobs that would be created if the U.S. jumped on board with this!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hot water bottle, anyone?

Or hot coals?

Fire breathing dragons?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2010 3:52:14 PM
Author: girlface
Wow this is disgusting!

I would rather sleep on the floor in the hotel elevator than get into a bed that some stranger just rolled around in.

On the flip side, think of all the jobs that would be created if the U.S. jumped on board with this!

Career day:

Human bed warmers should have patient dispositions... should practise good hygiene...

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Cell phone rings...

Caller: Where you at?
Response: The Holiday Inn
Caller: I hear an echo in the background???
Response: Yeah, I''m in hiding out in the bathroom until the stranger in a hairnet and onesie gets out of my bed....

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a publicity stunt. That is NOT normal behaviour for the UK, trust me...

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
what''s a strumpet?

and lol to the human toilet warmer idea, that is my hugest pet peeve is when it is too warm because i know somebody was recently on it, ew....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results