shape
carat
color
clarity

html code questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
I feel a little silly asking, because I can usually figure these things out... but what html codes are some of you using to post messages in different fonts, sizes, colors, etc? I tried some of the ones that I'm familiar with, but nothing happens (at least nothing shows up in preview).

Can anyone give me some basic code tips?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/6/2008 12:41:49 PM
Author:Ninama
I feel a little silly asking, because I can usually figure these things out... but what html codes are some of you using to post messages in different fonts, sizes, colors, etc? I tried some of the ones that I'm familiar with, but nothing happens (at least nothing shows up in preview).

Can anyone give me some basic code tips?
Hi Nim, don't feel silly!

Do you mean to change colours of words AND SIZES OF LETTERS like this ?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
It isn''t actual html - what I do is type out my sentence, then highlight the words I want to change the color of, and click on the ab button up above the post box to change the highlight. You can change size the same way.

See? It''s so easy!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
I'm wondering if it is a PC/MAC thing, because I too don't have options to do that stuff...the only options I have are:

Bold: Bold
Italics: Italics
Underline: Underline
Strikeout: Strikeout

And the buttons/tabs above only allow me to adjust my writing center, left, or right, bold, italicize, underline, strikeout, and allows me to attach a picture or link. If I had the option to color text and make it bigger or highlight - I would do it! SIGN ME UP!!!

The little bold button doesn't even work for me when I highlight something that needs to be in bold, the html code is written together and not in front or after the word to make it bold. So I end up having to drag the first "b" to the front of the word.

Ninama - what browser do you use?
Lorelei - what browser are you using?

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 2:10:47 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
It isn''t actual html - what I do is type out my sentence, then highlight the words I want to change the color of, and click on the ab button up above the post box to change the highlight. You can change size the same way.

See? It''s so easy!

Why can''t I find an "ab" button anywhere... this is so wierd. Above I see right, center, left, bold, italic, underline, strike through, image... no ab button

I''ve tried using Mozilla, Camino and Safari browsers...
33.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto Elegant.

I''d just google Basic HTML, and see what comes up.

That''s how I learned to do it, but I''m lazy, so occasionally you guys get something bolded out of me, but that''s about it. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/6/2008 2:34:35 PM
Author: Ninama

Date: 8/6/2008 2:10:47 PM

See? It''s so easy!

Why can''t I find an ''ab'' button anywhere... this is so wierd. Above I see right, center, left, bold, italic, underline, strike through, image... no ab button

I''ve tried using Mozilla, Camino and Safari browsers...
33.gif
The ab button should be in this order from the left, font, size, A with the colour option, then ab which you can use to highlight...if you don''t see that maybe you are using a different system...

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Elegant... I''m on a Mac.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I''m on a PC...

anyways using the HTML section that''s below this window when you respond you''d use the following type of stuff:

RED

gives you a line break
gives you a paragraph break
SIZE
BOLD
UNDERLINE
italics

TAHOMA

Put it all together:

Blue Size font face test!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
RED
SIZE
BOLD
UNDERLINE
italics
TAHOMA
Blue Size font face test!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you need
or
the system seems to put them in for you...

That font doesn''t look very tahoma-y on my machine but the other font choices seem to in the drop down.. weird.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
I can use to code button that I have - I just don't have all of them, it seems.

Trying by hand...

TAHOMA

RED

SIZE

Okay....it works, but it's way too much work! Guess I'll stick with the basics.

Thanks everyone!

[font face=Comic Sans MS]Test[/font]

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Hm I have to wonder why some HTML codes work and some don''t. Maybe it''s a security issue.

Anyway, I use IE at work (ugh) and Firefox and Opera at home, and they all do the boxes for ab and such. Violet''s codes work though :) Man it''s been a long time since I coded in pure html...

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I use Mozilla at my home computer and it never lets me do html! At work I use explorer and it works, so maybe it has to do with the browser?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 4:58:43 PM
Author: shimmer
I use Mozilla at my home computer and it never lets me do html! At work I use explorer and it works, so maybe it has to do with the browser?
It depends on the program running it. I bet if you were making a webpage, html would be the same, but inside a program/software (like this forum) it does affect it. Like at home, I can''t click and drag pictures with Opera, but on IE at work I can.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''m on a mac as well. safari doesn''t let me post. firefox doesn''t do the highlighting, bold, italic, etc.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I knew there was a reason why I didn''t want a mac!

And see, now the italics is stuck. Dammit.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! i did not know how to do this either. thanks for the explanation. but i don''t know how to stop the highlight. i am pathetic.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
You know, Safari didn''t let me post - I thought something was wrong with MY system.

Wow, it sucks to have to type in HTML all of the time...bold is the only special effect I''ll do!

Oh well - they''ll have to change the forum program.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 5:11:35 PM
I knew there was a reason why I didn''t want a mac!

And see, now the italics is stuck. Dammit.
I LOVE my MacBook.
7.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Lissa Explains has all sorts of basic HTML you can learn :). I don''t have a HTML box on my FF either but I just do it manually :D

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 4:58:12 PM
Hm I have to wonder why some HTML codes work and some don''t. Maybe it''s a security issue.

Anyway, I use IE at work (ugh) and Firefox and Opera at home, and they all do the boxes for ab and such. Violet''s codes work though :) Man it''s been a long time since I coded in pure html...
Way back in the day (mid 90s) at my first web developer job (at a large company aka Softbank) before they had HTML coding programs, we had to write HTML in notepad, save it and upload it then look at in the browser to see if it worked. We spent a lot of hours hand coding! At least our code was clean though, earlier WYSIWYG programs were a mess.. I feel old now... that was my "walk five miles to school in the snow story".
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results