shape
carat
color
clarity

How Y’all, Youse and You Guys Talk

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, it hits really accurate for the most part:

#1 = Stockton, California where I was born.
#2 = Chandler/Gilber, Arizona but I've never lived there but only traveled through.
#3 = Modesto, California where I attended kindergarten, first, and 2nd grades!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1387902362|3579983 said:

Where and when? I also was in Modesto for 1st-3rd...then moved to Escalon.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got Newark/Patterson, Jersey City, Yonkers.
Pretty close, I was born in Brooklyn, grew up in Monmouth county, NJ.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I took the quiz again and got some alternate questions. It was crazy accurate this time- Reno (where I have lived for the past 6 years), Modesto (I grew up within 15 minutes of Modesto), and Santa Rosa (which is sort of random, but I did live in the Bay Area for a couple of years).

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
amc80|1387903444|3579990 said:

oh, my.....we also moved to Escalon..............

John C. Fremont in Modesto K-2nd grade.
the old Burrell School for 3rd grade [yes, I'm ancient!].
Dent Union in town 4th - 8th grade.
Escalon Union High class of '66.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1387912415|3580047 said:
amc80|1387903444|3579990 said:

oh, my.....we also moved to Escalon..............

John C. Fremont in Modesto K-2nd grade.
the old Burrell School for 3rd grade [yes, I'm ancient!].
Dent Union in town 4th - 8th grade.
Escalon Union High class of '66.

What a small world! I went to Modesto Christian and then to Dent for half a year...then Van Allen, El Portal, and EHS, class of 98. I bet I went to school with some of your classmates' kids.

For anyone else bored by this threadjack (although it was my thread to begin with, so I give myself permission), Escalon is a small town in the Central Valley of CA. When I lived there it was 5,000 people, zero stop lights, no fast food, etc. So knowing another PSer lived there is pretty amazing.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
when I was there the population as 2000-3000......
yes, I'm betting you did go to school with kids whose parents were in my class.
the shell station/towing service is owned by one of my classmates.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1387914235|3580059 said:
when I was there the population as 2000-3000......
yes, I'm betting you did go to school with kids whose parents were in my class.
the shell station/towing service is owned by one of my classmates.

Then, yes. Ha, what a crazy small world.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually, you may have gone to school with the grandkids of my classmates!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie said:
actually, you may have gone to school with the grandkids of my classmates!

I'm very close to a family who you probably went to school with. It would have been right around that time.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
many did not leave the area.
many ended up leaving and going back to teach...a librarian at the grammar school was in my class as well.
some left and no word was further heard.

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Mine pegged me as being from Ft. Worth and I live in a suburb of the city. I've always lived in Texas and I have lived in DFW for 15 years now, so mine was completely accurate.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Said I was from the Yonker's NY area.. I'm from 30 miles north.. pretty accurate!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
My results were:
1-Milwaukee, WI
2-Madison, WI
3-St Paul, MN

Pretty darn accurate! I grew up 30 min away from Milwaukee, I lived there until I was 19(am now 25). Madison is only 2 hour away from me. In college I had a roommate from St Paul, I think I picked up on some of the terms she used.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I'd try to confuse it, being a Brit but it came up with Santa Rosa, Oceanside (is that really a place??) and HONOLULU!! Wow.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Albuquerque, NM
Phoenix, AZ
Fresno, CA

I lived in Albuquerque for 30 of my almost 32 years. My super close family moved to Phoenix when I was small, so we visited them frequently. And now I live about 2-3 hours away from Fresno.

A little creepy.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Snowdrop13 said:
I thought I'd try to confuse it, being a Brit but it came up with Santa Rosa, Oceanside (is that really a place??) and HONOLULU!! Wow.

Yes! Oceanside is just north of San Diego :)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fremont, CA
Santa Rosa, CA
San Jose, CA

I grew up in the SF Bay Area. This test is amazing!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My results say Madison, WI, and Rockford and Aurora, IL. I spent 15 of my first 18 years in Pittsburgh, 3 years (age 12-15) in Idaho, and I've been in downtown Chicago for the past 25 years (with the exception of those 8 months in KC). Interesting.

AMC, you're in Reno? I'm only about half an hour from there right now, visiting my friend in Tahoe!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay said:
AMC, you're in Reno? I'm only about half an hour from there right now, visiting my friend in Tahoe!

Yes! I hope you're enjoying this awesome weather. Are you in North Shore or South? If you are North you must go to Garwoods for a Wet Woody. Best. Drink. Ever.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you call a drive through liquor store.

There was no option that said "A bad idea" so I had to pick other.

:lol:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy said:
What do you call a drive through liquor store. There was no option that said "A bad idea" so I had to pick other. :lol:

Haha. I am firmly in the "I've never hear of such a thing" category. My friends from Wisconsin have since told me about them.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
amc80|1388096621|3580986 said:
Gypsy said:
What do you call a drive through liquor store. There was no option that said "A bad idea" so I had to pick other. :lol:

Haha. I am firmly in the "I've never hear of such a thing" category. My friends from Wisconsin have since told me about them.

I have family in TX so I've heard about them, too. But I don't call them anything in particular. Except, as I said, a bad idea. Other seemed appropriate.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1388101346|3581013 said:
amc80|1388096621|3580986 said:
Gypsy said:

I have family in TX so I've heard about them, too. But I don't call them anything in particular. Except, as I said, a bad idea. Other seemed appropriate.

I've thought they were a bad idea for years and years (they have them in a state bordering mine), UNTIL...

I needed to stop and get beer and wine (those were seriously the only two things I had left on my list) for last minute gifts for neighbors/friends a few days ago. However, I had my child with me and a. she'd fallen asleep in her carseat so I hated to go to the grocery store and wake her, make her get in and out of carseat to cart back to car, and b. you can't bring a minor into a liquor store here. A drive-through would've been the perfect solution. Or, you know, better planning on my part. ;)) :bigsmile:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally random aside, but this drive through liquor store thing reminds me of when I was really little (in the early 70s) and my dad used to stop at the VFW for drink. As anyone was getting ready to leave the regular bartender there used to say, "Sorry to see you go -- can I get you one for the ditch?"

Ah, it's a miracle any of us made it out of the 70s alive!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1388107495|3581046 said:
Totally random aside, but this drive through liquor store thing reminds me of when I was really little (in the early 70s) and my dad used to stop at the VFW for drink. As anyone was getting ready to leave the regular bartender there used to say, "Sorry to see you go -- can I get you one for the ditch?"

Ah, it's a miracle any of us made it out of the 70s alive!

It was like the Wild West when we were growing up! And it was awesome!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie, you can't bring a minor into a liquor store? I've never heard of that. It might be true in my state too, but I'm not sure. Oh, and I've never heard of drive through liquor stores. In my state, we can only buy liquor at state-run stores. Beer and wine can be sold in grocery stores though.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. I remember finding that out about 5 years ago when my SIL and I tried to bring my niece who was 8-9 months old at the time into the liquor store to get a bottle of wine to make sangria. The employees stopped us at the door, and we were so embarrassed! We didn't know, it was her first child and I didn't have any! I stayed in the car with the baby, and that was fine since there were two of us, but if she'd been by herself it would've sucked. I guess that's when you start building a wine cellar and keeping a stash!

ETA: my state has very crazy alcohol laws. The dumbest one is that you can't buy alcohol on Sunday. All the liquor stores are closed and the other stores just barricade the alcohol aisles. The students here from out of state are always just getting that news--if you're at the grocery on a Sunday you always see someone trying to go through line with beer or whatever and the moment they get turned down is so awkward. But! You can buy alcohol at any restaurant or bar with a beer/wine and/or liquor license and take it home with you even if it's been opened! (We also have a no open container law). It's all so ridiculous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results