shape
carat
color
clarity

How Trump Incites Followers To Violence

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking for a picture of Griffin's cake. It is an Entenmann's cake he took off the table in its box and ate on his bed. In the cardboard. All that was left was a squashed tin tray. It took me a while to realize that there was no cake on the table and that there was a small piece of metal on Griffin's bed! This happened a year or so ago. He loved that birthday flavor cake. There's also a photo of Griff just to show his size. ;))

griffinscake1.jpg

best_friends.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is so cute Deb! And quite a good snuggle size!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't resist posting this here because it is a perfect example of what I've been responding to lately in these types of political threads. This image was on my FB wall this morning and it took 10 seconds to determine that it was photoshopped. Again, I'm not defending Trump and I admit that he's a racist pig. However, I fail to see how this sort of Trump-bashing is productive in any way :confused: It exacerbates the growing the problem and only serves to spread more hate, division, negativity, etc.

12512378_10153342696296175_8405095820412023962_n.jpg

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

The Republican Party is a two issue party. Guns and Abortion. Is it any wonder the party that blocks everything now has given rise to the Strong man image manifested in Donald Trump. I see anger, but not as much hate as all you see. Some self proclaimed liberals here sound pretty hateful to me.

And the party still doesn't acknowledge blame. It continues on its path of NO. I hope that once great party fails and a new party comes forth. But do blame the Republican party for Donald Trump. and Ted Cruz and Rubio.

Annette

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1458227619|4006739 said:
I couldn't resist posting this here because it is a perfect example of what I've been responding to lately in these types of political threads. This image was on my FB wall this morning and it took 10 seconds to determine that it was photoshopped. Again, I'm not defending Trump and I admit that he's a racist pig. However, I fail to see how this sort of Trump-bashing is productive in any way :confused: It exacerbates the growing the problem and only serves to spread more hate, division, negativity, etc.

Yes clearly photoshopped.

But truno bashing actually, in my mind, is important. Remember when no one took him seriously? If we continue to not take him seriously, hell fool us to the Whitehouse.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I could tell you that "this sort of Trump-bashing" is called "irony" or "satire", but I think that-intellectually-you may already know that. You just do not like to see it done. At least aimed at Donald Trump. Something tells me that if there were a piece of satire done about Hillary Clinton that you might find it more amusing and less "confusing".

When you say it is not "helpful", you mean that you think it is not helpful for people to point out the truth about Donald Trump because doing so sows discord.You feel it is better if we fail to point out his racism so that we can pretend he is nice and we can all get along. Some of us want the people who have been fooled by Trump to have the scales lifted from their eyes, however. So we don't have your desire to get along at the cost of covering up all of Donald Trump's egregious faults.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1458234032|4006838 said:
I could tell you that "this sort of Trump-bashing" is called "irony" or "satire", but I think that-intellectually-you may already know that. You just do not like to see it done. At least aimed at Donald Trump. Something tells me that if there were a piece of satire done about Hillary Clinton that you might find it more amusing and less "confusing".

When you say it is not "helpful", you mean that you think it is not helpful for people to point out the truth about Donald Trump because doing so sows discord.You feel it is better if we fail to point out his racism so that we can pretend he is nice and we can all get along. Some of us want the people who have been fooled by Trump to have the scales lifted from their eyes, however. So we don't have your desire to get along at the cost of covering up all of Donald Trump's egregious faults.

:clap:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My liberal brother said "I turn white" ... :wacko:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1458231757|4006799 said:

Yes clearly photoshopped.

But truno bashing actually, in my mind, is important. Remember when no one took him seriously? If we continue to not take him seriously, hell fool us to the Whitehouse.

Oh, I agree that a certain amount of "bashing" is okay if it helps to keep someone in check. However, I see things like the one I posted above as part of the problem and not part of the solution. If we want change, spreading wildly inaccurate propaganda is not productive and only adds fuel to the fire.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

AGBF - I typically enjoy reading your posts, but I find this particularly disturbing. I wouldn't presume to know how someone feels or thinks, so please don't put words in my mouth. No, I don't think it's better if we keep silent and pretend that Trump is a nice guy and I don't know how you would even come to that conclusion :confused:, but I fail to see how posting a photoshopped image of racism is productive??? Does that not just work to incite more anger, hatred, and violence??? So, it's okay to make things up for the sole purpose of getting a reaction out of people? No, this is where I draw the line.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1458240992|4006896 said:

AGBF - I typically enjoy reading your posts, but I find this particularly disturbing. I wouldn't presume to know how someone feels or thinks, so please don't put words in my mouth. No, I don't think it's better if we keep silent and pretend that Trump is a nice guy and I don't know how you would even come to that conclusion :confused:, but I fail to see how posting a photoshopped image of racism is productive??? Does that not just work to incite more anger, hatred, and violence??? So, it's okay to make things up for the sole purpose of getting a reaction out of people? No, this is where I draw the line.

And, momhappy, I usually comprehend what you write. Usually it is clear enough for me to understand. But I do not even understand your posting above. In the first sentence I do not know what the word "this" refers to when you say you find "this" particularly disturbing.

I don't know in what way you feel I presumed to know how you felt or thought except by the words you typed.

I don't know where you felt I put words into your mouth.

I don't know how you can fail to see that the intent of satire-in this case an image created by photo-shopping, you say-can have any other object than to raise the consciousness of the people who see it...the object of all satire.

Why would you draw the line at satire?

Do you draw the line at the poetry of Alexander Pope, the great eighteenth century English poet?

AGBF
:read:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1458244431|4006925 said:
momhappy|1458240992|4006896 said:

And, momhappy, I usually comprehend what you write. Usually it is clear enough for me to understand. But I do not even understand your posting above. In the first sentence I do not know what the word "this" refers to when you say you find "this" particularly disturbing.

I don't know in what way you feel I presumed to know how you felt or thought except by the words you typed.

I don't know where you felt I put words into your mouth.

I don't know how you can fail to see that the intent of satire-in this case an image created by photo-shopping, you say-can have any other object than to raise the consciousness of the people who see it...the object of all satire.

Why would you draw the line at satire?

Do you draw the line at the poetry of Alexander Pope, the great eighteenth century English poet?

AGBF
:read:

By "this" I meant that I found your post particularly disturbing because you posted that I would feel that it is better if we fail to point out Trump's racism so that we can pretend he is nice.....etc. That's putting words in my mouth because I don't actually feel that way. Satire or not, there are many gullible people in this world who would believe that such an image ( the one I posted above) is real. In fact, the person on FB who posted it, has since removed it because they were embarrassed when they learned it was photoshopped.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1458247015|4006957 said:
By "this" I meant that I found your post particularly disturbing because you posted that I would feel that it is better if we fail to point out Trump's racism so that we can pretend he is nice.....etc. That's putting words in my mouth because I don't actually feel that way. Satire or not, there are many gullible people in this world who would believe that such an image ( the one I posted above) is real. In fact, the person on FB who posted it, has since removed it because they were embarrassed when they learned it was photoshopped.

If that's not in fact how you feel, that's how I've also interpreted your comments (across several posts).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Satire or not, there are many gullible people in this world who would believe that such an image ( the one I posted above) is real. In fact, the person on FB who posted it, has since removed it because they were embarrassed when they learned it was photoshopped.

Thank you for the explanation, momhappy. I think I must be excused of having deliberately put words in your mouth, however, since never in a million years would it have occurred to me that anyone would have failed to recognize that photo as a piece of satire, so it never occurred to me that we were discussing anything other than your dislike of the satire. I still find it difficult to comprehend that anyone would look at that and fail to see it as satire...unless the person were developmentally disabled or a very young child. (I am not saying that you failed to comprehend that it was satire; I know that you recognized it as such. You are an intelligent woman. I am just aghast that you accepted so readily that other Facebook users might fail to recognize the satire.)

AGBF

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
liaerfbv|1458247569|4006963 said:

If that's not in fact how you feel, that's how I've also interpreted your comments (across several posts).

Just because someone doesn't like a particular action (like Photoshopping a group of women and their daughter to look like they are members of a white supremacy group) doesn't mean that they are supporting/defending someone/something. I have said it before and I will say it again, I do not support Donald Trump. I have no interest in sweeping his behavior under the rug (not that that's even possible with the non-stop media coverage of the guy) so that people think he's nice. He's not nice and most of us have already figured that out.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="momhappy|

Just because someone doesn't like a particular action (like Photoshopping a group of women and their daughter to look like they are members of a white supremacy group) doesn't mean that they are supporting/defending someone/something. I have said it before and I will say it again, I do not support Donald Trump. I have no interest in sweeping his behavior under the rug (not that that's even possible with the non-stop media coverage of the guy) so that people think he's nice. He's not nice and most of us have already figured that out.[/quote]

He is a ... :wacko:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doctored meme or not, Trump's message is very clearly make American white again. The fact that he has the swooning support of white supremacists says he's pretty good at transmitting the real message while loudly denying it. Of course, a bunch of people who seem unable to understand that there often are many layers in communication, beyond the mere words, are helpful too. It enables them to only hear what he says and not what he's really saying, so to speak. And to dismiss the fact that their hero is the pied piper to a whole bunch of people espousing some truly nasty ideas, as an insignificant bug instead of a feature.

Trump HAS exposed the racism that we're constantly told doesn't exist. It's as clear as glass.It is alive and well, mostly genteelly under wraps, even to the point of most white people are so in denial that it exists in them, that no one is EVER a racist. Perish the thought! That would be them, over there, not ME! And yet, here we are, fighting a ghost of the Civil War. Again. And again. Lee Atwater described the situation and political strategy of the GOP with brutal honesty back in 1981 and it's still running on autopilot today.

From the beginning, racism has been the worm eating at the core of this country, and we just cannot seem to expel it.

On a more hopeful note, Trump's strategy of stoking hate, is ginning up some serious concern and opposition. It's galvanizing Latinos (everywhere, but especially in swing states) where he can ill afford a misstep. I'm finding it delightful.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/16/politics/latino-voters-naturalization-trump/index.html

"Data from the University of Southern California Center for the Study of Immigrant Integration shows in the United States, 4.5 million Latinos are eligible for naturalization. In the swing states, those potential voters are a sizable voting bloc. Nevada has more than 64,000 eligible to become citizens. Colorado has some 57,000. Florida is home to 415,000, according to Catholic Legal Services.

In Republican strongholds, the numbers give a glimpse into the future. Arizona has at least 139,000 Latinos eligible to become naturalized. Texas has at least 750,000."

So an unintended consequence may be that Trump actually hastens the inevitable demographic demise of citizens of the color and pedigree who are his supporters. Oh, the irony.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results