shape
carat
color
clarity

How pushy is too pushy (or not enough)? -ring ''service''

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ring arrived at the jeweler on Monday to be resized. I was told on Tuesday that I should expect a call to address questions I'd sent them over email (mainly, how long it would take to complete the work). I haven't heard anything after that.

I really just want to know how long a turnaround I should be expecting. We are meeting with the photographer this weekend and I'd like to book an engagement shoot, which I don't want to do without my ring!

I don't want to be too pushy with the jeweler, because it's not that they're "taking too long," it's just that I'm impatient
2.gif
. After I was told to expect a call, I sent my phone number just in case I had forgotten to include it in the package. It's been only two days since then, so I'm wondering how long I should wait to contact them again.

Advice? I just don't wanna come off as a Pushy Pamela!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Well, PAMELA (JK) I would call them and explain the situation just as you have here. I don''t think anyone would think you''re being pushy when you tell them you''re trying to schedule other appointments around them. And, to keep them working hard for you, I''d say something like "I was told there''d be a call, but I''ve been away from the phone so much, I may have missed it." That way you''re not reprimanding them, and they aren''t upset for "being caught" not following through with their word.

GOOD LUCK MUSEY! (with the shoot, too!)
21.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as you are polite and explain the situation about your photoshoot, I don't see why your jeweller will think you are pushy. Just giving them a call to ask for an estimated completion date and the reason for the concern is perfectly fine.
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, somethingshiny and chrono! I''m so very bad at this customer service biznass, I appreciate the advice. I''ll give ''em a call!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2007 2:55:33 PM
Author: Chrono
As long as you are polite and explain the situation about your photoshoot, I don''t see why your jeweller will think you are pushy. Just giving them a call to ask for an estimated completion date and the reason for the concern is perfectly fine.
2.gif
Ditto

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Thritto....

you are the boss...remember that. If you are inviting them to Tgiving dinner...that is the time to mind your P''S and Q''s...but simply calling to confirm and inquire should never be considered as pushy. Demanding it be done at 4:15 on The third Thursday because you are scheduling a manicure...and it must be done for Madge and the girls to see it...maybe come across as a tad demanding or pushy.

You are OK...sweetie!!

DKS

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t worry about being too pushy as long as you''re polite and explain that these are special circumstances. Most jewellers understand that women don''t like being parted from their e-rings for too long, anyway
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spoke w/ the jeweler and he gave me a 2-3 week estimate from Monday, so it ends up being 3-4 weeks from when it was received (and 5 weeks from when it was sent). I''m glad to know how long it will take, but my lonely finger wishes he''d said 1 week!
39.gif

28.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2007 8:17:58 PM
Author: musey
Spoke w/ the jeweler and he gave me a 2-3 week estimate from Monday, so it ends up being 3-4 weeks from when it was received (and 5 weeks from when it was sent). I''m glad to know how long it will take, but my lonely finger wishes he''d said 1 week!
39.gif

28.gif

Oh I am glad you called. That is what I was going to say to. Sometimes in order to get answers YOU have to make the call. Hopefully they will get it done early. You never know! At least your diamond will look HUGE when you get it back
3.gif
Absence is the BEST cure for DSS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results