shape
carat
color
clarity

How old were you when you got...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your first piece of real jewelry?
Your first kiss?
Your first car?
Your first job?
Your first heartbreak?
Your first serious hobby?
Just a bit of Thursday fun. Feel free to answer any of the questions and share details.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 4:49:12 PM
Author:TravelingGal

Your first piece of real jewelry? 5 - 24 karat gold sleepers. First diamond was when I was about 24, hand be down ring from my sister.
Your first kiss? can't remember. it must have been that good!!
Your first car? 34 - I got my licence at 34 and on the same day, bought my first car
Your first job? 16 - check out chick during high school. 20 - my first full time job
Your first heartbreak? never - was never in love until I met FI and I hope I never do have heartbreak
Your first serious hobby? - don't have any serious hobbies.

Just a bit of Thursday fun. Feel free to answer any of the questions and share details.
What a great thread. And TG - where are your answers!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock

Your first kiss?

Your first car?

Your first job?

Your first heartbreak?

Cute game!!

jewelry- first diamond at 9, just a chip but I still have it. From my daddy.
kiss- first real kiss 14. not counting the stolen kisses from the neighbor.
car- 18. I wasn''t allowed to have a car before then.
job- babysat full-time every summer from the age of 10, detasseled starting at 14, real job at 16.
heartbreak- 17.
hobby- I was 9 when my dad started teaching me wood working. I started building Barbie furniture then. Refinishing and building is still my favorite hobby, although i do much larger pieces now!

Talk about an ice-breaker!!
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Your first piece of real jewelry? 6 or 7, my aunt gave me a sweet little ruby in white gold (it belonged to my cousin when she was my age)

Your first kiss? I was a nuttball kid and try to kiss all the boys. hehe young

Your first car? 16 and it was a super cute white mitsubishi eclipse. I kept that car until I turned 24 because it was new when I got it.

Your first job? 14 (it was a summer job at a fast food joint and I thought working was cool, until I started working).

Your first heartbreak? I had little heartbreaks in my early teens but my major heartbreak was at age 19; I was so crazy about this guy but I am glad it

didn't work out. The rest were a blur until I met my hubby
9.gif

Your first serious hobby? ???? I would try all kinds of stuff, horeseback riding, I did snowboarding, rock climbing, sewing, but I love trying all sort of things; it makes life

interesting to mix it up a bit.
3.gif
ETA: it was ice skating; I took many lessons and in elementary school I did girl scouts and cheer/dance

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Your first piece of real jewelry? not including the necklace i got for my confirmation as a baby, i would say my sweet sixteen diamond ring from my mom (diamond was a side stone from her ering)

Your first kiss? spin the (mustard) bottle when i was 10

Your first car? 16 and one month

Your first job? 13 as a dishwasher/hostess/juice maker/buser at a middle eastern restaraunt

Your first heartbreak? 14

Your first serious hobby? i bought myself my first sewing machine at 15 and havent'' looked back since

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
What fun!
8- a cross for my 1st communion with a real diamond in the center.
14- a kid I actually still talk to on occassion...he''s in Korea teaching English as a second language
17- against my dad''s better judgement, I bought an Eagle Talon...so many problems, but boy was that car HOT!
15- best friend and I got a job at the library...and were asked to leave soon after because we couldn''t stay quiet!
16- boy Sparkster, are you lucky! all I can say is ouch!
5- I read my first book at age 5 and haven''t put them down since!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my first peice of jewelry days after I was born. A 22K bangle.
First kiss? 8th grade.
First car 19, 3 years after my license.
First job 14.
First heartbreak 3.
First serious hobby 5th grade. Reading Fiction (novels).

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
My boyfriend in high school (my first love) gave me a tiny white gold diamond solitaire ring. I guess I was around 14 or 15? I still have it...I should bust it out and do a SMTR thread with it! Hahaha!

Your first kiss?
I should know this, right? I think it was a middle school boyfriend. Yes, it was! I forget my exact age. 12ish?

Your first car?
I actually got it when I was 15 because my dad found a good deal so he bought it. It was a 1984 Volvo 240...I loved that car SO much! I didn't get my license until I was almost 17, though, so I didn't drive it for a while! (I shared it with my twin sister so she drove me around in it!)

Your first job?
I was 16 and it was at Chick Fil-A! I don't think Chick Fil-A is in all areas, but it's a fast food restaurant that only serves chicken-nuggets, strips, sandwiches, etc. And it is sooooooo delish. I still love the food. Best fast food restaurant ever!

Your first heartbreak?
Hmm...I guess my first real heartbreak was getting DUMPED by my boyfriend in my freshman year of college. Yeah, I was pretty torn up! He started begging me soon afterwards to get back together, and I refused for about 6 months. We ended up getting back together but I wasn't that into him anymore so I broke up with him and broke his heart, so we ended up even!
11.gif

Well I've been playing soccer since I was 5 years old, so I guess since then!

ETA: Sorry I wrote a novel! Guess I'm feeling chatty today!
3.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Your first piece of real jewelry? my first valuable piece was a pearl and diamond ring that my mother bought me when I was 26. It was stunning. A one of a kind piece made by a local jeweler in my mom's town. I had it for about two years, then took it off to wash my hands in an airport (YES! I KNOW!) and... When I realized it was gone, they actually held the plane so I could run back to look for it, but it was gone. Hope someone's enjoying it! And thank heavens it was insured. I bought the sapphire and diamond ring as a replacement with the insurance money.

Your first kiss? - 14, but I can't remember the guy's name. Isn't that terrible?!?

Your first car? - still don't drive. never driven. never owned a car. However, in my dreams, my first car is a little black Jaguar with tan interior. Yes, I know they are junk. But they are such pretty junk!

Your first job? - first 'job' under the table at 12, helping out in a bookstore... first real job with a paycheque at 14... in a horrible coffee shop. Oh, did I ever smell of grease when I left work each day that summer. I worked all through high school and college. My parents thought it was good for me. They were right! I learned how to manage money and how to deal with 'the public'. Plus, I felt independent and responsible, which are good feelings for a teen.

Your first heartbreak? - Hmmmm... 20 ? I guess it depends what you call heartbreak.

Your first serious hobby? - Gosh! Does lego count? Music?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Your first piece of real jewelry? Sapphire and diamond pendant (with tiny stones) on my 15th birthday. I just gave it to a good friend''s daughter for her 10th birthday.

Your first kiss? Sweet 16. I was definitely a late bloomer.

Your first car? Also 16-it was my dad''s ''65 Ford Mustang. That car was my only claim to coolness in high school.

Your first job? I think I started working at the town library at 15.

Your first heartbreak? Hard to say...I took every failed crush pretty seriously in high school
20.gif
. I''ll say 14, though. That was when I had my first date, and got "dumped" the same night.

Your first serious hobby? Reading, as long as I can remember. Horseback riding was a biggie from ages 8 to 18.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha! I see you gals feel as chatty as I do today....cool! Fun reading...

Your first piece of real jewelry? An opal ring for my highschool graduation at 17. It''s long gone as the box that it was in (along with my mom''s engagement ring) must have fallen into the trash or something.
39.gif

Your first kiss?
15. I remember thinking, WHEW! Glad that milestone is over!

Your first car?
17, when I went off to college. A Honda CRX. I once got 6 people in that car...4 big guys and two gals. Yes, I got pulled over for that one.

Your first job?
18 (soph year in college). Salesgal at "The Broadway" department store. I''ve been in a sales type job ever since. I''ll never forget the lady who came out naked from the dressing rooms onto the sales floor asking for help.
6.gif

Your first heartbreak?
19 - One of those relationships that happened and died so fast, my head was spinning.

I actually don''t have any serious hobbies...I''m a jack of all trades, master at none!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
25, my e-ring.

Your first kiss?
15, at the annual christmas parade

Your first car?
22, a hand-me-down from my parents for when i moved to seattle

Your first job?
22, as a stock-girl at nordstrom. haven''t had a real job since!

Your first heartbreak?
23, when my college bf and i finally realized we''d grown apart

5, when i caught the reading bug
26, when i discovered pricescope

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 5:37:30 PM
Author: erica k
25, my e-ring.

Your first kiss?
15, at the annual christmas parade

Your first car?
22, a hand-me-down from my parents for when i moved to seattle

Your first job?
22, as a stock-girl at nordstrom. haven''t had a real job since!

Your first heartbreak?
23, when my college bf and i finally realized we''d grown apart

5, when i caught the reading bug
26, when i discovered pricescope
LOL, if PS counts as a hobby, I guess I have one!!! Thanks for the reminder!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
--16 from the first boyfriend i was truly in love with, a small .10c diamond promise ring

Your first kiss?
--14 from a high school boyfriend, it was quite underwhelming.

Your first car?
--16, my mom''s toyota corolla automatic in snazzy light brown. that''s hot.

Your first job?
--9, i''d watch people''s houses while they were gone in our neighborhood (water their plants, drag their pool, feed their pets, pick up newspapers); first REAL on-the-books job at Supercuts as the perky receptionist, age 15.

Your first heartbreak?
--not counting the mega crush i had on some dorky mama''s boy at age 10... first real heartbreak at 17 when first love went away to college.

--don''t even remember...i have almost always had some hobby/obsession. first...ummm...maybe playdoh at age 3??

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I'll play why not.

Your first piece of real jewelry? a 14kt gold ring from my mother I was 9 or 10 I think.

Your first kiss? 13

Your first car? 18, A Ford Aspire. My dad bought it for me, I had no interest in driving. He was soooo mad. One day he threw a driver handbook at me & said you have 2 weeks to read it & then your taking the driving test.

Your first job? 18, A kennell attendant at VCA

Your first heartbreak? Well, it was from my now husband
11.gif

Your first serious hobby? 12 Showing horses

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 5:40:40 PM
Author: VegasAngel

Ok I''ll play why not.

Your first piece of real jewelry? a 14kt gold ring from my mother I was 9 or 10 I think.

Your first kiss? 13

Your first car? 18, A Ford Aspire. My dad bought it for me, I had no interest in driving. He was soooo mad. One day he threw a driver handbook at me & said you have 2 weeks to read it & then your taking the driving test.

11.gif

LOL, now I''m curious. Why not?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Your first piece of real jewelry? 8 - an Opal ring from my father. I still have it!

Your first kiss? 12ish, I think?

Your first car? 15 and 10 months - I had to get a to/from license to drive to school a bit early, because I didn''t turn 16 until October of my Junior year. It was my Dad''s first new car, a 1973 Beetle, I had affectionately subbed Herbie (I was 5 and very uncreative back then).

Your first job? 16 - I was a runner for a lawyer in high school.

Your first heartbreak? God, probably when I was 19 and my high school sweetheart and I split up.

Your first serious hobby? Dancing since I was about 4, but then piano lessons at 10.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
It should tell you how dull my day is that I was having tons of fun filling in the last word of the title of the thread before reading the post...

Anyway...

Your first piece of real jewelry? 16 -- My parents got me a ring with an emerald. Loved it. Lost it. I guess I didn''t love it enough.

Your first kiss? Ugh...my first kiss was "stolen" from me...some guy drove me home from school when I was a freshman, and when I turned to say "thanks" he pecked me on the mouth. I felt cheated out of a grand experience. After that, it was my first boyfriend when I was 16. Is it important to note that he realized (or at least fully accepted) that he was gay shortly after our first kiss? Am I paranoid? No. But that does not keep me from banning all Barbra Streisand items from my home. I just don''t want to tempt fate. But I digress.
Your first car? Heh. 1988 Volvo. Blueberry Colored. I called it the BooBerry Monster. Lord it was ugly. I was 17 and not much more attractive (I had a late awkward stage. I may still be in it.)
Your first job? TCBY! 16 years old. And you know that saying that if you work with food, you won''t want to eat it after awhile. Did. Not. Apply. To. Me. I worked there for about a year, put on 15 pounds, mostly just by freebasing the hot fudge. Got a lot of laughs when people would grill me about how much fat was in this flavor vs. that flavor and then dump a ton of chocolate fudge on top of it.
Your first heartbreak? See First Kiss above. My most serious heartbreak, though, the one that I will always cringe about was the guy I dated before DH. And I was 32...he just one day "realized" (his word) that after a year of serious dating, he didn''t love me. And he told me just that. Over the phone.
Your first serious hobby? Does being a packrat count? Probably not. Reading since 3. Singing since 5. Writing since 7. Creating mock songs (a la Weird Al) for friends and family since I was about 15.

Whee!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your first piece of real jewelry? Aged 14. A silver Garnet ring from my nanna. I love it but the stones fell out of it.

Your first kiss? When I was 14. I was totally nervous but it wasn't so bad. I think I was very good at it
9.gif

Your first car? Aww my Toyota Starlet! I loved it. It was red and fast! I passed my test when I was 33 so was a late starter.

Your first job? Aged 15. Working in an ice cream van at functions around my home town. Made myself sick every week! Great days!

Your first heartbreak? Aged 34. My heart broke the day my daughter died. No man has ever managed it!

Your first serious hobby? Aged 35. Pricescope! Thats the truth! I'm not a big hobby person but I love PS!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
1st "REAL JEWELRY" ... an 18K gold add-a-pearl necklace from my parents that is long lost, yet can be still seen in my H.S. graduation photos (along with a horrific haircut, pre-plucking-discovery brows, and Ivory Girl (aka no-discernable-makeup-application-skills) mug.)

1st KISS ... 14?? As a "prize" for winning an embarrassing parlor game -- with a senior I''d had a huge crush on. I VERY nearly fainted ... and def, def have blacked the whole thing out.

1st CAR ... 18?? Ford Maverick that had belonged to my Great Aunt ... after she went blind.
7.gif

1st JOB ... hmmmm, door-to-door card sales (10) or paper route (12) or ice-cream-scooper (15)

1st HEARTBREAK ... oy ... from unrequited love (18) ... juicy tid-bit: he emailed me a couple of weeks ago (married also, two kids)

1st SERIOUS HOBBY ... sewing. i truly thought it was my "gift" ... before I realized my grandmother was fixing everything I messed up & I actually su** at it.

FUN!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 5:45:29 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 11/29/2007 5:40:40 PM
Author: VegasAngel

Ok I''ll play why not.

Your first kiss? 13

11.gif

LOL, now I''m curious. Why not?
Ha, Tgal. I had no where to go, really. I remember once I actually got my license I was happy to be able drive to school, but even I think I was a weirdo. I mean, what kid doesnt want to be able to drive?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Fun thread!

Your first piece of real jewelry? An emerald ring from my grandmother for my 10th birthday. I still have it!

Your first kiss? 8th grade. A sweet kiss from my then boyfriend Brent. We stayed together through much of 8th grade.

Your first car? 16. A Geo Tracker. OMG, you''ve never heard brakes squeal like these. Even with new roters and pads everyone could hear me coming.

Your first job? 16. Receptionist at a process serving company owned by a family friend.

Your first heartbreak? Hmmmm..Never really had one. I was always the heartbreaker!
29.gif

Your first serious hobby? Not sure about that one. Probably shopping starting at a very early age!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Your first piece of real jewelry? 22, a diamond solitaire necklace (microscopic, but real!)
Your first kiss? 8th grade, probably about 12 or 13?
Your first car? not until after college, 21
Your first job? babysitting at 12, retail job at 16, rubbing Dad''s feet for .25/15minutes- about age 4!
Your first heartbreak? 11th grade, 16
Your first serious hobby? reading, addicted since I got my first library card at 4 or 5

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your first piece of real jewelry? Around 10 years old. My sisters and I got a simple gold signet ring with our initials engraved on the front in old english. I wore that ring forever--and is the one piece of jewellery I have kept from my Dad.

Your first kiss? OH, grade 1. Gordie B was wlays chasing me around and finally got me while I was drinking at the fountain. I still remember being upset!

Your first car? ''67 Meteor Montcalm (sp?). Excellent car!!!

Your first job? Well, I babysat when I was 12; but got a job as a carhop at the A & W by our house. I lied about my age. My Mom did not want me to work there, but despite it being rather hard work, it was good for me. My Dad matched my earnings and I saved all my bucks and became independently wealthy quite early
9.gif
3.gif
2.gif

Your first heartbreak? Probably around 23--I left a man I really cared about as he was 20 years older than me and I did not see myself spending my life with him. Tragically he died 6 years later of a heart attack.

Your first serious hobby? Baking. My wonderful uncle once told me that my cookies were good, but that I should not put so much cement in them next time. Oh, and and stamp collecting.cheers--Sharon

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

Your first kiss?
Your first car?
Your first job?
Your first heartbreak?

Oh alright, I''ll give you the dweeby details of my life:

Jewelry: I don''t recall a visual of the exact item, but I know Mom and Dad bought each of us girls a birthstone ring set in gold, probably during the younger grade school years.

Kiss: I''m not sure I remember the very first peck; but the first real kiss was at 16 or 17 with a minister''s son who got just a little too *frisky*. Gotta watch those preacher''s kids!

Car: My sister and I were supposed to share a 74 Chevy Vega (this was 1977, OK?) but she got married and moved to Texas and took the car. The first car I bought for myself was a 1987 Buick Skyhawk. It was kinda blah, but had all the bells and whistles, and a cushy ride. I was really POd when it was totaled a month after paying it off.

Job: During high school summers, I worked for the school district as an inventory clerk/typist. First full-time job was as a sales secretary in a car dealership at 18. Have worked full time ever since, even while putting myself through college.

Heartbreak: I was 20, engaged, and he called it off. And . . . it was really bad. I don''t think you ever "get over it"; you just use that experience as a guide to future relationships. Oh, when the jackass eventually married someone else, he called less than six months later to ask if I would take him back if he left his wife!!
38.gif

Hobby: I love books; not just reading, but the very smell of books. I should have been a librarian; I want to own a bookstore. I remember discovering the world of Nancy Drew about the age of 9 or 10. My mom had a lot of the original books from the 30s and 40s.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Your first piece of real jewelry? An aquamarine (birthstone) ring from my parents.
Your first kiss? My recollection is that my first kiss was with a boy named Paul Hughes when I was 10. He mentioned the full moon and how beautiful it was and then he kissed me!! lol
Your first car? A 1987 standard Suzuki Forsa which I bought for $9500 at 14.5% interest
6.gif
(it only had 3 cylinders but my coworkers always joked that when there was a snow storm, I would be out in it as my little silver machine never got stuck!! (too light I think!)

Your first job? Papergirl, babysitter and then at 15 I worked at Sally Shop (ladies clothes store).
Your first heartbreak? Never had one.....married my boyfriend from when I was 15....but not until 24 ; )
Your first serious hobby? I crocheted when I was young and made myself a lopsided pink and white afghan.
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock

Your first kiss?
Your first car?
Your first job?
Your first heartbreak?

Um, I got my first "real" ring in 6th grade, from my daddy on my birthday. It was gold, had my birth stone on it, and a tiny ITTY bitty diamond on either side. I thought it was something special! (Too bad I lost it like two years later.)

My first kiss. Let''s just say I was older than the average, but it was very much worth waiting for. Ah, first loves...

My first car I got when I was 15; it was a Ford Tempo my dad and I worked on and fixed up. I had it until I was 17, when I got a new car for high school graduation. I still drove that Tempo for months, though. By then, we had bonded. I''m silly that way.

My first job was at a library, doing work study in college. I bound periodicals (magazines, journals) and logged them into the computer. I also got to go around and tell people to stop making out in the back study area. Fun times.

First heartbreak. Do you mean first real heart break? I was 22, and I was so devastated. Again, ah, first loves...

Hobby. Um, I learned to crochet when I was nine years old. I still do it now, I guess that makes it "serious." I also like to scrapbook, and to write. I''ve been writing stories and silly nothings since I was 8, so maybe that should have been my first hobby I listed. I don''t know.

That was fun, TravelingGal. I like thinking back on yesterday every now and then. Thanks for the trip!!
9.gif

(Has your birthday come yet? Or are you still looking at the thing you''re not supposed to be thinking about?)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
How old were you when you got...
...14? Maybe? My grandmother had been collecting single pearls as she found them. Once she had enough to make a strand of seven, she put 'em on a chain and gave them to me!

Your first kiss?
Thirteen. With my first ever boyfriend, who just came out of the closet last month!!
3.gif

Your first car?
I was 17 and off to college. My parents bought my grandmother's car for me once her alzheimer's got noticeable enough to take away her car keys.

Your first job?
Either 14 or 15, can't remember... I was a sales clerk at one of those watch kiosks at the mall.

Your first heartbreak?
15. That was TOUGH!

You know, I'm not sure how to answer. My first serious hobby has become my profession, and I tend to think of my other hobbies as just being "resume perks" for my main career, ha!
3.gif

Jewels305

Shiny_Rock
Great thread TGal!!
36.gif

8yrs old. I got 24k scallop shell earrings from my Dad "just because." And so began my life long obsession with jewelry.
3.gif

Your first kiss?

I think I was in first grade so 7 or 8. A boy cornered me on the playground and kissed me. I wasn''t happy about it at all!
Your first car?

16. I had the car before I even got my permit because my great grandmother had passed away and left the car to me since she knew I was the next to get my license. My younger brother is still driving it, and is hoping it will last him through college.
Your first job?

Babysitting since I was 12. First real job was at 14 as a ski instructor, which I still do now when I have the time.

Your first heartbreak?

19. I had had a crush on the guy for 10 years and I finally got my wish and he asked me out and things became serious for about 3 months. He began pulling away and although I didn''t know why he was doing it, I made the decision to break up with him. That was truly one of the hardest things I''ve ever had to do, and hurt for a very long time.

Age 9 when I learned how to ski... I can''t wait for snowww!
9.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Your first piece of real jewelry? My grandmother gave me a diamond ring when I was a baby. She gave me a note with it explaining that her father had given it to her when she was a girl. (Linky)
Your first kiss? It was in 6th grade with my first boyfriend. I was 11.
Your first car? I think I was 14. I didn''t actually get to drive it until I was 15 and then it was not on actual roads. It was my grandfather''s old car that he passed down to me when he got a new one (I was the only grandchild close to driving age and living in the country
1.gif
). I drove that 1980 (I was born in 83) taxicab-yellow Oldsmobile until the summer before my senior year in college when my parents got me a 2000 neon as a gift for graduating early (I graduated in Dec 2004)

Your first job? K-Mart at age 16. I HATED it. I didn''t even last the entire summer there.
Your first heartbreak? I was 14 and it was the summer after 8th grade. I really thought I was in love and that we were going to end up together. Looking back it was definitely puppy love, but I was crushed when he broke up with me.
Your first serious hobby? I guess it would be reading and I was maybe 2 or 3? I doubt I was really reading, probably more like memorizing, but I would turn the pages and act like I was. I used to LOVE going to the library to pick out books. I would always have a huge stack that my mom would have to carry for me. After reading it would have to be writing. The earliest story I have is from 3rd grade, so I would''ve been 9 or 10. I used to write all these short stories that I really thought would get published. I was a naive 9 year-old
3.gif
. I wrote through college, though by college it was mostly online journal entries and term papers. Hopefully I''ll be getting back into it if this job pans out though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results