shape
carat
color
clarity

How much is too much?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
One of the first things I notice about a person (especially since I''ve joined PS) is the jewelry they''re wearing. I''m a little surprised at how many women wear multiple rings on each hand. I saw a lady the other day who had a ring on each finger - thumbs and pinkies included.

Now I''ve always believed that less is more when it comes to jewelry, especially if you''re trying to look classy. I love to get dolled up as much as any woman, but 10 rings is just too much. And from a practical point of view, wouldn''t the rings get damaged from rubbing together?

I limit myself to one ring (or one set of rings) per hand. What''s your number?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! As far as I''m concerned, there is no such thing as too much. The number of things I wear depends on the mood I''m in. Sometimes I''ll wear one ring on each hand, sometimes 2 or 3. I''m careful not to let rings with pave'' rub against each other.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/24/2009 5:00:23 PM
Author:White Orchid
I saw a lady the other day who had a ring on each finger - thumbs and pinkies included ....

I limit myself to one ring (or one set of rings) per hand. What''s your number?

Heh - I used to do this, back in high school. (I got better.)

There is a certain appeal to ostentation, you have to admit: it feels extravagant and decadent and somehow almost ... subversive ... to go completely and totally against the norm, completely and totally overboard. Wearing a gazillion rings, or a tiny top hat, or some other over-the-top accessory can achieve that effect.

That said, I *have* laid off the rings-on-all-my fingers look, largely because it''s impractical, and because I''m OCD enough that I''ve like the rings to have a "family resemblance" to one another (doable with silver in high school, tougher with platinum today). So, on a day to day basis ... generally no more than two to a hand. But when I hit it rich, look out, world!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear my ering and a RHR. I don''t love the look of multitple rings, as in one per finger, that''s too much. But that''s just me.

E B

Ideal_Rock
For me, too much would be rings on more than one finger on each hand. Does that make sense?

I only wear rings on two fingers anyway- the ring finger on my left hand, and the middle finger on my right. Rings feel (and look) very weird on my right ring finger, and I''ve never worn pinky/pointer/thumb rings.

(As for the number of rings on one finger, that''s a different story. I LOVE the look of stacked bands.)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends on my mood.

I also think some women can pull off a really extravagant look, while others can''t.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 5:18:53 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I wear my ering and a RHR. I don''t love the look of multitple rings, as in one per finger, that''s too much. But that''s just me.

Ditto. I think two fingers with rings is plenty. Stackers on the same hand all count as one ring for me though. So two fingers, but could be more than two rings!
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
One finger of rings per hand for me.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 5:22:11 PM
Author: neatfreak

Ditto. I think two fingers with rings is plenty. Stackers on the same hand all count as one ring for me though. So two fingers, but could be more than two rings!
1.gif
Me too, that counts as one ring. I love the look of stackiing bands, the more the merrier, but my fingers are short. I wish I had finger extensions.
31.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock

1.gif
Ditto.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

1.gif

That is my feeling on a ring. I count stackers as one. I think you can pull of more if you are going out. I will usually just wear my diamond studs an a RHR on a regular day. If there is a special occasion, I will wear a pear of earrings, a necklace, a RHR, and maybe a bracelet. All of my jewelry is pretty understated, so I don''t think it ends up being too much.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a ring on each hand.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I like the stacking ring look--but wearing one''s entire collection at one time/all the time is not my forte. Some can pull it off....

cheers--Sharon

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 5:27:37 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Same here. I could be wearing up to 5 rings (though that''s rare, it''s usually 1-3), but they''re all on only one finger on each hand.

I have an aunt who does the multiple rings on all fingers thing. It''s just not my personal style.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 9:29:12 PM
Author: musey
Date: 3/24/2009 5:27:37 PM

Author: TravelingGal

Same here. I could be wearing up to 5 rings (though that''s rare, it''s usually 1-3), but they''re all on only one finger on each hand.

I have an aunt who does the multiple rings on all fingers thing. It''s just not my personal style.

Thritto.

anyname

Shiny_Rock
i just have my wedding and engagement ring. Though i am thinking about wearing a channel set ring that once belonged to my grandmother as right hand ring. But i dunno...I have stubby fingers and i feel it looks kinda weird.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Normally, I only wear my e-ring...I like it to be the focus of attention
2.gif
. If I'm dressing up, I wear a RHR. So one ring on each hand is a max, both on the respective ring finger

When I was in high school, I wore 2-3 rings per hand...and NONE were on the ring finger! Heh.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Three rings at any one time is my max... usually I just wear 1 or 2 though. There''s a girl who sits in front of me in a class and she always has a necklace, bracelet, earrings, and about 7 or 8 rings. It''s all silver stuff with hearts, etc so it makes her look even younger than she is in my opinion.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only wear my engagement ring and wedding band on my left hand, and occasionally another ring on my right.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually just wear my e-ring and a RHR that my parents got me. I love the look of thumb rings though.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

1.gif
ditto this. Also I have short fingers and small hands, so more than this def. starts to look foolish on me
5.gif
For this same reason, I''m not really able to wear rings on anything but ring or middle finger.

I do think those with longer slender hands can pull off a *bit* more, but it has to be in keeping with their whole "look", if you kwim..

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think one on each hand is plenty, especially when they''re Pricescope quality bling! The only time I break that rule is when I wear my new pinky ring on my right hand. It was given to me by a friend and only five were made for five of us girlfriends and it signifies a special bond between the five of us. I don''t wear it every day, only once in a while. I don''t want anything to happen to it and I''m not used to pinky rings. I really do think one on each ring finger is enough.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
For me, I don''t look good with more than one of anything on each ear/hand/wrist. I won''t even wear a ring a bracelet together on the same arm (I do wear my wedding rings and watch on my left hand, though, every day). Or, if I''m wearing a statement necklace, I won''t wear earrings, and vice versa.

Coco Chanel once said (I believe about jewelry) - get dressed and put on your jewelry, then take OFF one piece before you leave the house. I guess it''s the "less is more" philosophy, and it serves me well.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my engagement ring on my left ring finger and my wedding band on my right ring finger. I'm definiltey in the less is more group. If I ever get any stackers, they'd go on my right ring finger with my wedding band.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 7:10:16 AM
Author: arjunajane

1.gif
ditto this. Also I have short fingers and small hands, so more than this def. starts to look foolish on me
5.gif
For this same reason, I''m not really able to wear rings on anything but ring or middle finger.

I do think those with longer slender hands can pull off a *bit* more, but it has to be in keeping with their whole ''look'', if you kwim..
Yup yup to all above.

I''ve been entertaining the thought of a RHR (currently just wear my wedding set). Trying to decide what kind and if I would actually wear it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m of the one finger on each hand persuasion.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
In the past I wore multiple rings.

These days I only wear my engagement ring and a right hand ring.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Depends on how "blingy" the rings are on the hand.
If it is a simple band - maybe you could pull off multiple rings per hand... but if we are talking all out sparkle fest... just one per hand... but even in that case, I prefer only 1 sparkler per 10 digits and the other ring to be like a more subdued gemstone that is more muted and light absorbant.. if that makes any sense.

I am not really a ring person though, so if I do ever wear a ring, it is just one other RHR - but that is not very often.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results