shape
carat
color
clarity

How much is cut worth?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGS says cut is worth 50% or more of a the price of a RBC between the finest (theirs !?... sic) and the scariest. Funny, no? (the picture below shows the claim on AGS's website LINK).

It looks like there are at least some examples confirming the claim. Say, between 1.5cts GIA graded H/SI1 70%/80% roughly and 6k, and some cherished AGS0 prices 10-12k.

Didn't dare look for princess cuts too long. The difference doesn't seem quite as great between the least priced GIA graded and AGS0
12.gif
About half as much %-wise... for the few examples I've looked up.

AGSbit.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds about right...
50% on RB''s and around 33% on princess cuts and around 10% on asschers.
My prefered range of asscher cuts is now going for about a 10% premium where a year ago they were the same cost.
Maybe I shouldnt have done such a good job selling em, didnt get nuthin and raised the cost for myself when im ready to buy!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know call me a sentimental tired fool but it isnt true that I didnt get something out of it.
I got to share in peoples happiness and I got to help people select kicken asschers they love and that is one of the most awesome things in the world :}
That is why I keep coming back here, that and the friends Iv made here :}

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like to apoligise for the comment 2 posts up.
I have got a lot of support and made some awesome friends here and just relaised that what I said can totaly be taken in a way I didnt mean.
My time here was been fun and enjoyable and I treasure the friendships and fun times Iv had here.
As well as the my heart felt comments 1 post up which I do mean :}

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
strm you don't need to explain...
1.gif
those of us who have been here just as long know what you mean!

ana i think cut is worth what someone will pay...
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know exactly what you meant Storm.
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Now, Storm, don''t go gettin'' all sentimental on us, now!!!
2.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2006 3:53:52 AM
Author: strmrdr
You know call me a sentimental tired fool but it isnt true that I didnt get something out of it. I got to share in peoples happiness and I got to help people select kicken asschers they love and that is one of the most awesome things in the world :}
Awe ... Storm ~
No need to explain, or appologize ... we knew what ya ment!

Your adorable!
28.gif
And how you try to help everyone is just wonderful!
9.gif

Take care,
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know Storm is the best. I can''t imagine PS without him. He has such a kind way about him and is always there to help us. What comes around goes around. Good things will come his way.
1.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2006 3:53:52 AM
Author: strmrdr
You know call me a sentimental tired fool but it isnt true that I didnt get something out of it.
I got to share in peoples happiness and I got to help people select kicken asschers they love and that is one of the most awesome things in the world :}
OMG...I just had the blondest moment!

I thought he said *kitchen* asschers and I was wondering what the heck they were, and I was thinking that it was a really bad marketing term for a diamond!! DUUUHHHH!!!!

But, more importantly I will get an asscher one day...kitchen or not!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results